What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > short story about MC going home, he comes in on a train, set in europe

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (legomes) | 4 comments I read this in 2004-2007 for school I was in an international baccalaureate class, if anyone else was. Im 90% sure the author was eastern european. This may not be for a specific book of theirs as i believe this was a short story we read within a work of other stories but im not sure if it was all their collection or if it was from a textbook with a lot of authors.
So it starts with the MC needing to go back home for some reason and hes coming in on the train. the train station is open air and his town is rather small. Other than that i just remember thinking it was a weird book and he may not end up leaving the town again. I remember it being descriptive because I could picture the buildings in my mind.
This was an adult maybe YA story. But the MC was adult aged.
Please, I will look into any suggestion you may have for a book I have been looking for years.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Around when was the story set? How old was the protagonist, 20s, 40s, older? Did the story introduce any other characters? Do we find out if he is married, has kids, etc.? What was the tone of the story - bleak, tense, comedic, quirky, etc.?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (legomes) | 4 comments Really dont remember any specifics. Read this maybe 10 years ago now. POssibly set before cars or around when they first were out. There were plenty of other characters as the town did have people, but i dont remember any of them. There may have been a cop Not sure about the tone of the story, it was weird to me so possibly quirky, possibly comedic

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Laura, are you still looking for this or did you find it?