Books for Trading! discussion

Trader Evaluations > Has Anyone Traded With...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 258 (258 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

ReadWriteLove28 | 39 comments Mod
Are you looking to trade through #booksfortrade but you're not sure if the person is reputable? Are they not listed on the GOOD TRADERS post?

Ask here and someone should answer!!!

message 2: by Cyra (new)

Cyra Schaefer (cyraschaefer) | 6 comments Has anyone successfully traded with @0021Johnson?

message 3: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (nschumacher85) | 17 comments Not sure about "successful", but I saw Angel was trading with her and asked her for an update about a week ago.

message 4: by Cyra (new)

Cyra Schaefer (cyraschaefer) | 6 comments I saw that too and that's mainly what made me concerned about my trade with her. That and since I sent tracking she hasn't responded to anything I've written to her and she mostly just retweets stuff and asks people about their books on the tag.

message 5: by Angel (new)

Angel (avdreader) | 78 comments hey guys! Chelsea's a good trader. just maybe gotta remind her but that's all. she sent my things and gave me tracking so so far she's good. :)

message 6: by Harlee (new)

Harlee | 24 comments I was just about to ask if anyone had traded with her successfully :)

message 7: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (nschumacher85) | 17 comments Harlee wrote: "I was just about to ask if anyone had traded with her successfully :)"

I just traded with her too. She has some awesome stuff!

message 8: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (nschumacher85) | 17 comments Has anyone traded with @vivicareads?

message 9: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brookesbookss) | 14 comments Has anyone traded with @katiesbookblog on Twitter?

message 10: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie Bower (sylvienotsylvia) | 5 comments Has anyone traded with @delaneywhite02 on Twitter? I can't seem to find any mention of her either here or with people on Twitter

message 11: by Sheridan (new)

Sheridan (sapphirestone) | 16 comments Has anyone traded with @brookeworm33 on Twitter?

message 12: by Digne (new)

Digne | 4 comments Anyone traded with:

@AwayToGreatRead
@books4life40
https://takemeawaytoagreatread.com/
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2...

:)

message 13: by CapesandCovers (last edited Jul 13, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

CapesandCovers | 98 comments Brooke wrote: "Has anyone traded with @katiesbookblog on Twitter?"

I haven't but I think I might have seen someone asking her if she had sent out her book yet on the tag a while ago. I'm not positive though, or sure what happened if I'm correct. I just thought I'd give some input.

message 14: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brookesbookss) | 14 comments Dreamingintherain wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Has anyone traded with @katiesbookblog on Twitter?"

I haven't but I think I might have seen someone asking her if she had sent out her book yet on the tag a while ago. I'm not posit..."

Oops, I forgot to update my post! I received my books from her. It just took a little while and she didn't respond to any of my messages. Thanks :)

message 15: by CapesandCovers (new)

CapesandCovers | 98 comments Brooke wrote: "Dreamingintherain wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Has anyone traded with @katiesbookblog on Twitter?"

I haven't but I think I might have seen someone asking her if she had sent out her book yet on the tag ..."

Ah, okay. I'm glad things worked out!

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahlo) | 10 comments Has anyone traded with @simonlikelace?

message 17: by Meredith (new)

Meredith  (pandorasbooks) | 19 comments Has anyone traded with @bookwishblog ? I just made a trade with her but I've never traded with her before and I want to be sure before I actually mail tomorrow

message 18: by Meredith (new)

Meredith  (pandorasbooks) | 19 comments Brooke wrote: "Has anyone traded with @katiesbookblog on Twitter?"

I have and it was successful. She's bad about DMing updates - I sent her tracking and never heard from her with tracking for what she was mailing me, but she's a reputable blogger and a good trader, from what I've seen.

message 19: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sraimone) Has anyone traded with @RyanBada? I sent out a book to him on July 5th, knowing it would take him a week to send out my book. I still haven't received anything. I contacted him on the 25th of July, and he said it would be out in a week because he was saving money to ship. I try to be understanding, but it's been a long time, and media rate isn't that expensive.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma (awkwordlyemma) | 153 comments Stephanie wrote: "Has anyone traded with @RyanBada? I sent out a book to him on July 5th, knowing it would take him a week to send out my book. I still haven't received anything. I contacted him on the 25th of July,..."

I traded with him last summer, and he takes a long time to ship. (We arranged to trade in mid to late-June and the book didn't arrive until mid-August.

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sraimone) Emma wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Has anyone traded with @RyanBada? I sent out a book to him on July 5th, knowing it would take him a week to send out my book. I still haven't received anything. I contacted him on..."

Thanks for replying. I guess I'll wait a little bit before I send him another message.

message 22: by Eveline (last edited Aug 22, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Eveline (dawndella) | 18 comments Has anyone traded with @allicrystal or @Rpatzz? I hope someone can report some good trades with them, so I feel 'safer' before actually sending my books off.

message 23: by CapesandCovers (new)

CapesandCovers | 98 comments Eveline wrote: "Has anyone traded with @allicrystal or @Rpatzz? I hope someone can report some good trades with them, so I feel 'safer' before actually sending my books off."

I haven't personally traded with either, but I believe that I've seen both of them have successful trades in the tag previously

Stacie (Shy Book Nerd) (staciecruz) | 3 comments Has anyone traded with Hannah Martian (@DramaHannahM)?

message 25: by Eveline (new)

Eveline (dawndella) | 18 comments Dreamingintherain wrote: "Eveline wrote: "Has anyone traded with @allicrystal or @Rpatzz? I hope someone can report some good trades with them, so I feel 'safer' before actually sending my books off."

I haven't personally ..."

Thank you!

message 26: by Christine (new)

Christine Tran | 33 comments Eveline wrote: "Dreamingintherain wrote: "Eveline wrote: "Has anyone traded with @allicrystal or @Rpatzz? I hope someone can report some good trades with them, so I feel 'safer' before actually sending my books of..."

I don't know if this is too late or not, but I've traded with @allicrystal twice before and both times went great! She's also pretty good at keeping you updated :)

message 27: by Eveline (new)

Eveline (dawndella) | 18 comments Christine wrote: "Eveline wrote: "Dreamingintherain wrote: "Eveline wrote: "Has anyone traded with @allicrystal or @Rpatzz? I hope someone can report some good trades with them, so I feel 'safer' before actually sen..."

No, its not too late yet. ;) She seems really nice and she keeps me updated!

message 28: by Liv (new)

Liv (curlyhairbibliophile) | 12 comments Stephanie wrote: "Has anyone traded with @RyanBada? I sent out a book to him on July 5th, knowing it would take him a week to send out my book. I still haven't received anything. I contacted him on the 25th of July,..."

I haven't traded with him, but I won a giveaway of his in late June. I didn't receive the package until August 17th after I DMed him twice. He takes quite a while to ship, but you will eventually receive it (you may have to DM him and remind him).

message 29: by CapesandCovers (new)

CapesandCovers | 98 comments Eveline wrote: "Dreamingintherain wrote: "Eveline wrote: "Has anyone traded with @allicrystal or @Rpatzz? I hope someone can report some good trades with them, so I feel 'safer' before actually sending my books of..."

You're welcome!

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sraimone) Liv wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Has anyone traded with @RyanBada? I sent out a book to him on July 5th, knowing it would take him a week to send out my book. I still haven't received anything. I contacted him on..."

Just to update: I did receive the book eventually. It was over a month after he said he would ship originally, and after contacting few times, and a few other promised ship dates. Not the best trade, but I didn't get ripped off, so that's a plus.

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sraimone) I just have a question maybe some of you could give me a little input on. I was finalizing a trade for swag on Twitter, and the other trader (who I've never traded with before) said they would send out their package as soon as I sent them tracking/shipping conformation. It seems really shady to hold off on sending. I don't want to get ripped off. I've traded and bought books from a lot of people, and this is the first time this has happened. Has anyone else ran into this? Did you still trade?

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 85 comments Stephanie wrote: "I just have a question maybe some of you could give me a little input on. I was finalizing a trade for swag on Twitter, and the other trader (who I've never traded with before) said they would send..."

This has happened to me once and it was odd but I went through with it because I just assumed they had been ripped off themselves and were just being careful, in the end the person I was trading with shipped immediately once I DM'd her the tracking #.

message 33: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahlo) | 10 comments I only hold off sending until I receive tracking first if the person is a new trader or if they don't have a good rep for trading.

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sraimone) Robin wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I just have a question maybe some of you could give me a little input on. I was finalizing a trade for swag on Twitter, and the other trader (who I've never traded with before) sa..."

Thanks for responding! I ended up not going through with it. It was just too sketchy.

message 35: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sraimone) Leah wrote: "I only hold off sending until I receive tracking first if the person is a new trader or if they don't have a good rep for trading."

Thanks for responding. I totally understand asking people that haven't been great traders (ironically the person I was trying to trade with I found was discussed on the bad traders list) to send out tracking ahead of time. I would want to make sure I was getting my stuff before sending. I guess I was weary because I am not new and have always sent things within days of trading. I also can provided a list of people I have had successful trades with. It seemed too sketchy, and I ended up not trading because I wasn't comfortable with it. :(

message 36: by CapesandCovers (new)

CapesandCovers | 98 comments Stephanie wrote: "I just have a question maybe some of you could give me a little input on. I was finalizing a trade for swag on Twitter, and the other trader (who I've never traded with before) said they would send..."

I would have done the same thing you ended up doing. Trading with someone who has no rep and is new to the tag who insists on you sending first is just sketchy. It's one thing if they have a good rep and you either don't have one or have had issues in the past, but otherwise it's too risky in my mind.

Skye (Skye's Scribblings) | 174 comments Has anyone had a successful trade with Vanessa Ramos (@nanduff61) on Twitter? We finalized our trade discussion the beginning of August but then she never mailed and when I inquired 10 days later she said it was ready to mail and she would try to send the next day. She never did though, and although I keep inquiring she hasn't respond to DMs or tweets in over a month (she's not even following me anymore). Thx.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 85 comments Skye (Skye's Scribblings) wrote: "Has anyone had a successful trade with Vanessa Ramos (@nanduff61) on Twitter? We finalized our trade discussion the beginning of August but then she never mailed and when I inquired 10 days later s..."

Wow, that's really sad to hear. I traded with her in early August and although there had been a week in between when I sent her books to when she sent my books, she did send them and DM'd me a pic of the tracking number. I have received my books from her, so yes I did have a successful trade with her.

message 39: by Lexie (new)

Lexie (poisonedrationality) Same here Skye - I traded with her end of July, she shipped hers 7/25 and it reached me by 7/30 (my book to her took nearly two weeks longer despite being mailed the same day, it was weird). I haven't traded with her since and she wasn't very communicative.

message 40: by Calla (new)

Calla (callawalker) | 87 comments Has anyone traded with @booknerdgirl16?

message 41: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (brookesbookss) | 14 comments Calla wrote: "Has anyone traded with @booknerdgirl16?"

I traded with her a few months ago. I think it took her a little bit to send my book but overall it was a successful trade!

message 42: by Calla (new)

Calla (callawalker) | 87 comments Brooke wrote: "I traded with her a few months ago. I think it took her a little bit to send my book but overall it was a successful trade!"

Thank you!

message 43: by Eveline (new)

Eveline (dawndella) | 18 comments Has anyone traded with @mybookaesthetic (Kymberly Ann)?

We're doing an international trade for an ARC she wants and a pre-order with US swag that I want. However she ordered the book from amazon.com, where it's already $10 more than amazon in my country (which I recommended to save money), and I think shipping will also be even higher with a big heavy book + the swag. I estimate it's going to be $40 altogether and although I've mentioned this she still wants to go ahead. I couldn't really find any trading history on twitter and I can't imagine she would actually pay $40 for a (not very rare) ARC. I kind of feel she'll pull out at the last moment because it's too expensive, maybe after I already sent mine, or I'm just going to get scammed.

This is not to bad mouth her, because she hasn't done anything yet, but maybe someone can take away my worries.

Skye (Skye's Scribblings) | 174 comments Thanks @Robin and @Lexie for your responses! Guess I'll try to contact her at least one more time, maybe she's been too busy with school to respond.

message 45: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahlo) | 10 comments I've traded with @mybookaesthic. She was quick to respond and to send. She sent my books first with tracking (at my request because she was a new trader) and everything arrived when it said it would. She even put the books in a box (vs envelope) and wrapped everything in pretty tissue paper. Very positive trading experience.

message 46: by Eveline (new)

Eveline (dawndella) | 18 comments Leah wrote: "I've traded with @mybookaesthic. She was quick to respond and to send. She sent my books first with tracking (at my request because she was a new trader) and everything arrived when it said it woul..."

Thank you, that sounds really good! :)

message 47: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Slobodnik (ashy2979) | 35 comments Has anyone traded with Sondra Burr @RunYouCleverBoy? We agreed on a swap, I sent hers a week ago, but she still hasn't sent mine. I check my USPS app daily looking for it, but she hasn't mailed it yet. Hers was delivered, but she won't answer any of my messages to see if she got it and/or if she mailed mine.

message 48: by Calla (new)

Calla (callawalker) | 87 comments Ashley wrote: "Has anyone traded with Sondra Burr @RunYouCleverBoy? We agreed on a swap, I sent hers a week ago, but she still hasn't sent mine. I check my USPS app daily looking for it, but she hasn't mailed it ..."

I've traded with her. It was a few months ago, no problems.

message 49: by CapesandCovers (new)

CapesandCovers | 98 comments Ashley wrote: "Has anyone traded with Sondra Burr @RunYouCleverBoy? We agreed on a swap, I sent hers a week ago, but she still hasn't sent mine. I check my USPS app daily looking for it, but she hasn't mailed it ..."

I've traded with her in the past without any problems (though it did end up being in person). She kept in contact the whole time and we didn't have any problems. Have you tried @ ing her instead of DMing?

message 50: by Angel (last edited Oct 03, 2016 07:30PM) (new)

Angel (avdreader) | 78 comments Has anyone traded with @SlobodnikAshley, @serialbiblio and/or @HeartbreakDX?? I have the trade set up and I assume they're good traders but I just want to make sure!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6