Addicted to YA discussion

Character Romances > Maxon and America

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aubree (new)

Aubree Cheek | 8 comments What do you think... cool to see a new perspective of their relationship in The Heir

message 2: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 577 comments Haven't read The Heir. I heard a lot of people are frustrated with Eadlyn and my friend, who ADORES The Selection Series, didn't really like The Crown...

message 3: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (booksbyash) | 201 comments I loved their relationship in the Heir and especially in the Crown. I was annoyed at Eadlyn in the Heir as i thought she was so stuck up but she really changes in the crown! At the end of the crown when we have the Maxon/Eadlyn exchange my heart was exploding, I love him so much. I highly recommend reading them, they're still really good

message 4: by Aubree (new)

Aubree Cheek | 8 comments Eadlyn's storyline on The Crown seemed a bit forced, but I recommend just reading it for Maxon/ America and Maxon/Eadlyn scenes.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Weller | 7 comments I really liked how America and Maxon evolved in the first three Selection series books, but the teaser in the back on The One didn't draw me to Eadlyn's character, after reading above comments, maybe it's worth checking out, thanks :)

message 6: by Lina (new)

Lina | 81 comments I liked their relationship in the first book, when they first met and all, but in the second book America became too jeleous and selfish using both Maxon and Aspen, Maxon made a mistake too with the other girls in the competition, but in the end all things end well.

message 7: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 328 comments Yeah, their relationship was a bit up and down for me. But I liked her.

message 8: by Sidny (new)

Sidny (sweetgirlsid) | 28 comments Aubree wrote: "What do you think... cool to see a new perspective of their relationship in The Heir"

I am currently reading the Heir, and I agree with so many people that it's just not the same. I find the main character to be less likeable then America by a long shot.

message 9: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Haggerty The selection series with Maxon and America will, of course, never be topped. But both the Heir and Crown were not terrible books. At times it was a little frustrating because as a lover of M&A, I wanted much more of them, but I had to constantly remind myself that this wasn't their story. If kept in mind, the books aren't bad at all

message 10: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Garner | 57 comments That's one of the reasons I haven't been able to bring myself to read the Heir, cause I'm afraid it won't live up to the other previous books. (Which I really loved).

message 11: by Keala (new)

Keala I haven't read the Heir yet because after The One the series was done for me. I thought that another book was kind of unnecessary and from what I've heard it isn't all that great anyways.

message 12: by Rells (new)

Rells (gingerwolfie) Don't read the last to keera!!! It's not worth it. America and Macon are barely in it!
*sinks to knees in black garb to begin mourning process*

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nics2) | 106 comments yeah... I haven't read the crown and I don't want to. I read the heir and I couldn't identify with Eadlyn, and I was really annoyed with America and Maxon so it really didn't work out for me, I wish the selection was a trilogy

message 14: by Mia (new)

Mia Long (miaya) | 55 comments Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Since book one I was team MAXON all the way I didn't understand her confusion MAXON IS THE ONE but I'm really happy there together. Forever

message 15: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 226 comments LOVE IT

message 16: by Mahi (new)

Mahi Carstairs (mahicarstairs) | 16 comments I was always TEAM MAXON!!!!!!!!! Aspen was just this guy butting in, but I still like him as a character but just not with America...

message 17: by Mahi (new)

Mahi Carstairs (mahicarstairs) | 16 comments Mia wrote: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Since book one I was team MAXON all the way I didn't understand her confusion MAXON IS THE ONE but I'm really happy there together. Forever"
Me neither!!! Maxon was totally the OBVIOUS choice😂But I guess when you have history with someone else it's hard to let go...oh, who am I kidding? GO TEAM MAXON!!!!!

message 18: by Mahi (new)

Mahi Carstairs (mahicarstairs) | 16 comments Nicole wrote: "yeah... I haven't read the crown and I don't want to. I read the heir and I couldn't identify with Eadlyn, and I was really annoyed with America and Maxon so it really didn't work out for me, I wis..."
I've seen lots of people saying the same thing and I'm seriously rethinking reading or buying The Heir and The Crown, The One ended without a cliffhanger so I think I'll be okay...

message 19: by Mahi (new)

Mahi Carstairs (mahicarstairs) | 16 comments Kelsey wrote: "The selection series with Maxon and America will, of course, never be topped. But both the Heir and Crown were not terrible books. At times it was a little frustrating because as a lover of M&A, I ..."

I think I'll have the same problem😂😂😂

message 20: by Charlene (new)

Charlene Antrobus I absolutely adore America and Maxon, the Selection series is one of my favourite series however I struggled with Eadlyn's story. I tried so hard and managed to get through the Heir but I've not yet continued reading the Crown, she just didn't connect with me like America did, however I will be returning to it to give it another chance.

message 21: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6032 comments Charlene wrote: "I absolutely adore America and Maxon, the Selection series is one of my favourite series however I struggled with Eadlyn's story. I tried so hard and managed to get through the Heir but I've not ye..."

Totally agree! I hated "The Heir" and "The Crown". Those two books completely ruined the series! So I only consider "The Selection" a trilogy.

I love, LOVE, LOVE Maxerica! I wanted to know more about them and how they would eradicate the castes and more about their love story.

Kiera killed me with Eadlynn. I didn't like her at all and was so disappointed that this viper was the offspring of two very lovable people.

message 22: by Veni~ (new)

Veni~ (pure_poison) | 12 comments The only reason I read "The heir" and "The crown" was to see glimpses of America and Maxon 's life together... And truthfully, that was the only part I enjoyed. I loved the mention of them dancing every time it rained!

message 23: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6032 comments Nevena wrote: "The only reason I read "The heir" and "The crown" was to see glimpses of America and Maxon 's life together... And truthfully, that was the only part I enjoyed. I loved the mention of them dancing ..."

They are the only reason to read those last books, Nevena 😁
I love their story so much and I wished we would've had more about them! They were the best parts of those books... period.

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela Verry (angelaverry) | 3 comments I love how they went back and forth and up and down. It was like there was a real struggle with emotions, wants and needs. I definitely wanted more of them though.

Angela

message 25: by gwen (new)

gwen (gwentg) | 719 comments I actually didn't hate Eadlyn. I disliked her at first, but by the end of The Heir I understood why she was the way she was. I relate to her a lot.
Maxon and America were always meant for each other, and they respected each other. Aspen was selfish and his relationship with America was built on passion and attraction.

message 26: by Janett (last edited Feb 20, 2019 05:59PM) (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6032 comments Angela wrote: "I love how they went back and forth and up and down. It was like there was a real struggle with emotions, wants and needs. I definitely wanted more of them though."

I agree, Angela! t was an emotional tug-of-war.

Having read this series time and time again it makes me love Maxon so much! His growth from the first book to book #3 is the most touching to me because unlike everyone else he was truly sheltered and lacked so much experience. To see him grow, learn from his mistakes and eventually discover himself and find his own direction in life made him the most lovable and best character in this series.

message 27: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6032 comments Gwennie wrote: "Aspen was selfish and his relationship with America was built on passion and attraction."

Yeah... Aspen really messed up. I just can't forgive a guy who is that shallow 😑

message 28: by Kyra (new)

Kyra | 86 comments My OTP!!!!!! Yaaaaas!!!! Although America's REALLY dumb I still love their ship. And stupid Aspen trying to sabotage them, like just stop. I agree The Heir and The Crown weren't that great, but you could just skim through them for the Maxerica moments.

message 29: by Pearl (new)

Pearl (crazymuffins27) | 84 comments I think the 4th and 5th books of the series are needless so far.
I couldn't stand Eadlyn in the 4th book, and the 5th book was like "whatever let's finish this story".

Despite of above, obviously, Maxon IS A PERFECT GENTLEMAN, THE MOST PERFECT PRINCE.

message 30: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Heywood (theywood1) | 1 comments I totally agree! I love Maxon! When I got to the end of the Elite I was so mad because he was sending her away!

message 31: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Tallman (tjtallman21) | 10 comments I still love Eadlyn and Eikoo more than anything else

message 32: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabeleleison) This triangle felt like peeta and gale all over again ngl... in the end though, I was happy she chose Maxon.

message 33: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) Aspen just annoys me. I'm glad America chose Maxon. I have read the entire series more than 5 times and my opinion has always stayed the same.

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) | 336 comments Maxon is, honestly, the most truly, honestly GOOD character in all of the books I have read. He would do anything for America, and my favorite quote from the One is when he tells America that his heart was only ever hers to be broken by anyways. That sort of devotion isn't something you normally find, even in books.

message 35: by margot (new)

margot (margotwehrle) | 68 comments Maxon is probably the most romantic character I’ve ever read! He’s so exceptionally sweet and kind, there is literally no one like him in any other book series!

message 36: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (simply_bookish) I love Maxon and America! But tbh the heir and crown were kinda a let down and whenever I reread the series I only read the original trilogy.

message 37: by Ana (new)

Ana Han (aninhahan) Maxon is the cutest person to ever (but not really) exist! In the beginning it was very frustrating for me to read the books because I just felt like America never deserved him. But once she is confident of her love and determined to be his choice, I was able to tolerate her a little better! But the later books were just not for me! I couldn’t stand Eadlyn

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Ana wrote: "Maxon is the cutest person to ever (but not really) exist! In the beginning it was very frustrating for me to read the books because I just felt like America never deserved him. But once she is con..."

same here.

message 39: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 25 comments I think Kiera Cass could have written any romance in the last 2 books of the series and people would have hated it because it wasn't Maxon and America. I felt the same way when I first read the series, but in hindsight I think Eadlyn's story is still cool, even if she was pretty stuck up in The Heir.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassandra wrote: "I think Kiera Cass could have written any romance in the last 2 books of the series and people would have hated it because it wasn't Maxon and America. I felt the same way when I first read the ser..."

I agree.

daughterofathenacarli | 66 comments MAXERICA 4EVER!!!

message 42: by hailey (new)

hailey (haileyschaber) i can’t even tell you how much i love maxon and america!! i didn’t dislike aspen, but he kind of annoyed me. also idk why everyone keeps hating on the heir and the crown.... i really loved them and thought they were very good. i kind of wish eadlyn would have ended up with kile though :(

message 43: by Na’Mya (new)

Na’Mya | 11 comments In my opinion Maxon and America were endgame since they first met. Aspen just wanted her because she was a safe choice. I didn’t like Aspen at first because he was threatening my otp but him and Marlee were cute so I forgave him.