♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

The Racketeer
This topic is about The Racketeer
BR & BOTM Archives > BR (9) - Karen and Elizabeth; Start date ----> 1st June

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) How far do you want to try to get by tomorrow? I have a long shift at work so might not get too far.

Karen Miles (karbear1022) How about 50 pages?

message 3: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) In my edition that's almost to chapter 8 (starts on pg 56) so want to get to there? I get off at 6 eastern time tomorrow so we can start talking about it then.

Karen Miles (karbear1022) Sounds good!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) Hey sorry. ended up not having like anytime today. didn't make it to chapter 8

message 6: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) So I've only made it to chapter 8, but so far I'm not enjoying it that much. I'm not really connecting with the main character st all, and really don't care what happens to him. I'll be busy tomorrow too but will try to get a little farther.

Karen Miles (karbear1022) I just finished Chapter 7. I am liking it so far. I am interested in finding out more about the main character. I like this genre of books.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) I made it to chapter 20, I think it's definitely picking up, still not sure if I'll read more in this genre though

Karen Miles (karbear1022) I am currently on Chapter 13 which is when the FBI caught Quinn and now interrogating him about his escape from prison. I hope to get further today on the reading.

Karen Miles (karbear1022) I am currently on Chapter 21. He is now free and in Florida.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) in on chapter 24. It's gotten a bit better, but still not a huge fan if this genre. the part that made me really not like him was in chapter 21 I think, when he was complaining about flying coach. He has no real reason to complain. at least he's out of prison.

Karen Miles (karbear1022) I just finished the book.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) I honestly haven't read much lately, the book just doesn't hold my interest.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) Sorry, but I don't think I'm going to finish the book, I've had no urge to pick it up the past few days.

Karen Miles (karbear1022) No problem