Court of Roses discussion

The castle > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments .

message 2: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia hid in the deepest corner of the library, deeply emersed in a book of poetry. She read of great mountains, stormy seas, and of rolling hills. All of it reminded her of freedom, a luxury she did not have. She was trapped by the law and her parents's wishes to be in court. She continued to read to distract herself from her predicament, becoming completely oblivious to the real world around her.

message 3: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspain had come to the library, not looking for a book of any kind, but looking for a chance to escape the world that the court starting had created. The library was usually empty so he often came there when he wanted to find some peace and quiet. The library and Osiris's room were the quietest places in the castle, making them places he stayed in often.

message 4: by ~Fangirl~ (last edited Jun 18, 2016 05:11PM) (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia, unaware of a second person in the library, laughed aloud at a poem before putting the book back and reached to get another that looked very promising. Though, it was two shelves too high. She frowned in frustration and got a rickety stool and stood up on it, reaching for the book. "Almost... There..." When she finally grabbed the book she fell backwards off the stool, into another bookshelf, causing several dusty books to fall on her and the dust making her sneeze.

message 5: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian noticed the other person in the room when she laughed. He noticed her start to fall but wasn't quick enough to catch her. He stood next to her and offered her his hand. "You took quite a fall"

message 6: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia blushed sheepishly and took his hand, standing up and dusting herself off, not realizing who he was. "Yes, it seems I did. But I'm fine so no harm done." She replied with a smile and began putting the fallen books back on the shelves they had fallen from.

message 7: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian helped her put the books back on the shelf they had fallen from. "I am glad you are okay." He said. It wouldn't do him any good to have any of the court members hurt while at their stay at his castle

message 8: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia smiled at him, hugging the book she'd grabbed to her chest and curtsying to the gentleman when they finished putting the books up. "Thank you very much, kind sir." She then came out of her curtsy, smiling warmly and gently at him. "Have you been summoned to be a court member as well?" She asked

message 9: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Your welcome" Capsian said bowing. "Actually I haven't been summoned to be a court member" He said smiling kindly. She was a sweet girl

message 10: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia frowned for a moment before seeing his sword, smiling and nodding. "Ahh, you're a knight. My brother is a knight as well. A truly honorable and exciting life you must lead. The only excitement I find is in a long ride or a good book. Or the occasional training session, though those have become few since I've been summoned to court and my life restricted in more ways." She said sighing a bit sadly before blushing slightly, looking down and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Forgive my rambling. I often catch myself talking too much."

message 11: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Don't worry. I often catch myself doing the same things. Why don't you join me for a training session. It would be an honor to have you train by my side for at least one session" Caspian said, smiling a princely smile

message 12: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia smiled, her eyebrow raising slightly and a ghost of a smirk on her lips. "It would be a pleasure, though I must warn you, I trained with my brother since we were both children." She said before putting her book down and walking past him, out of the library and to the training grounds.

message 13: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian smiled and followed her, a hand resting on his sword. Well, it wasn't his sword, but... that wasn't really important

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) Destiny pushed open the doors to the library and her jaw dropped. Thousands and thousands of dusty books! Just what she loved. She sashayed over to a reading desk, already littered with books. She looked over them; [How to win a prince] [Catching your dream partner's heart] [What boys like] ugh, She thought. These girls seem really desperate. She laughed softly, disturbing some resting dust mites. She walked over to the shelf and took out a random adventure book. [The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe] Sounds interesting, Destiny mused. At least doesn't have anything to do with princes or love and is an adventure book! She walked back to the reading table, brushed the books aside, and blew off the dust mites. She settled down in the plush chair, and opened the book. Once upon a time...
(( Warning: That may not be the first words of the book; I haven't read it in a long time ))

message 15: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian sat in the back of the library a stack of well used books next to him. the one he was reading was the most used and looked really old.

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) Destiny looked up from her book. Her hunter's instinct told her that her target was close by. She looked around for the prince, and spotted him in a corner by a stack of books. He must like books too, She mused. She stood up, still face in her book, and walked over to where the prince was. She plopped down on a cushion near the prince. "Enjoying that book?" She asked, still nose in her book.

message 17: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Its my favorite" Caspian said, closing his book and placing a hand on the cover

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) (( One more b4 I go ))
Destiny looked up from her book and gave a tiny, almost undetectable smile. "What's it about?" She asked, never skipping a chance to get a good book. She remembered the books on the table. "Seems like you have a very big princely attraction, girls are even reading books about how to win you over." She said her second sentence in disdain. "I believe that you will choose who's right for you, correct?"

message 20: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I'll chose the girl I feel is right" Caspian said, not really wanting to talk about his book

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) (( Seems like there's a delay to my going to the shop time so... ))
Destiny felt the prince didn't want to talk about his book. "Isn't this court of roses hard? So many girls viying for your attention... This wasn't even your idea, correct?" She continued to pester him with questions, curious about his princely life. She stood up to stretch, and tripped on her dress. "Oops, darned dress."

message 22: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "No, It wasn't my idea" Caspian said, looking at his stack of books. The Magician's Nephew was on top

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) After regaining her foothold, Destiny decided to mention something deeper. "You must feel horrible about your brother..." She said, empathy dripping from her voice. "It wasn't your fault." She felt sorry for the prince after finding out what Osiris had done.

message 24: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I'd rather not talk about him" Caspian said grabbing his books and standing up

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) "Ahh," Destiny put a hand on the prince's shoulder. "What if I told you he was sorry and he misses you?" Her eyes glinted mischievously.

message 26: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian narrowed his eyes. "Then I'd call the guards" he said calmly

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) "You haven't forgiven him, have you?" Destiny said calmly. She noted that the prince didn't trust her. "In fact, calling the guards won't make it better. I know about Osiris right now."

message 28: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I haven't forgiven myself" Caspian said, saying the word myself with lots of venom. he turned away from hear and moved to walk out of the room

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) "You need to forgive yourself. It's what happens in the heart, not what happens outside," Destiny murmured softly. "No matter what you do, eat, or anything. Nothing will be better if you do not forgive yourself." She melted into the shadows, which was impressive since she was wearing a white dress. "Nothing," She whispered, and slunk out the library doors. Next time the prince would look, she wouldn't be there anymore.

message 30: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian sighed as he walked out of the library one arm wrapped around his books the other on the hilt of the sword he carried with him. Osiris's sword. Caspian planned to hide and read in Osiris's room where no one could bother him. no more court members around

message 31: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel hid in the library as the rain fell outside, gently beating against the large windows to make a soft music that was sometimes accompanied by a roll of thunder. He was currently waiting for Arianette, his forbidden love. He felt bad for betraying his friend, Prince Caspian, but Nathaniel couldn't help his feelings for the Scottish Countess. No one had ever made him feel the way he did when he was around her. His biggest fear was her getting found out and punished. Nathaniel would never allow it. He'd smuggle her to England before he'd let anyone harm a hair on her head.

message 32: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette stepped into the library, closing the large wooden door behind her. The sound of her shoes echoed against walls, although the sound was somewhat lost to the rain. She was supposed to meet Nathaniel here, although she wasn't sure if he had arrived yet. Meeting was dangerous, especially in the castle. More people would be inside today because of the rainy weather, but it was late enough that she hoped that everyone else was asleep.

message 33: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel heard the door close and his spirits lifted. He peeked out from his place behind the bookshelf and grinned when he saw it Arianette. He smiled and hurried over to her. "Hello, my love." He greeted to her softly, bowing and kissing the top of her hand gently. Once formality was out of the way, he quickly embraced her and then held her hand with one hand and then gently cupped her cheek with the other. "Did anyone see you coming or get suspicious?" He asked softly.

message 34: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "If they had, I wouldn't have come," Arianette replied, although she still kept her voice low. She didn't want any passerby to grow curious and come to see who was in the library at this time of night. "I feel like it's been ages since we last spoke," She said, "I've been rather preoccupied with Caspian as of late. He's more paranoid than ever after the assasin's attempt on his life."

message 35: by ~Fangirl~ (last edited Apr 05, 2017 03:17PM) (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel sighed and nodded. "Agreed. He made it so I have to have guards with me at all times. It took ages for me to learn how to ditch them." He said, chuckling a bit and smiling softly, rubbing her cheek gently with his thumb. "My love, how I've missed you. I see you nearly everyday but can never speak to you. Or hold you." He held her closer. "Or kiss you." He said softly and then gently kissed her.

message 36: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette blushed at his words, the faint pink contrasting against her alabaster skin like rose petals in snow. "I've missed you, too," She said, returning his affections by kissing him back softly. She pulled away for breath, her eyes darting nervously towards the door.

message 37: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel saw her worry of someone coming in on them and shared it. "Come with me." He said softly, taking her hand gently and leading her deeper into a corner of the library where there were no doors or windows. "The shadows will hide our love from unwanted eyes." He whispered, a small smirk evident in his voice as he gently kissed her again, a bit more passionately. He sighed and kissed her hand gently. "Come to England with me." He said, though it was meant as a question.

message 38: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette followed him deeper into the library, more at ease when they were hidden should anyone come through the door. "I wish that I could," She said, pulling her hand away gently, "But things here are more complicated than that. Caspian... has taken a liking to me. I don't think he would let me go."

message 39: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel frowned, feeling a stab of jealousy and worry. "Then let's go before he proposes and you can't say no. Please. I can protect you in England, keep you safe. And we can be married before Caspian has a chance to come after you. We won't have to be a secret anymore. Don't you want that?" He asked, a bit pleadingly, taking her hand again and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

message 40: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments ((I'm going to take some liberties with Caspian since Astra isn't in the group anymore. Hopefully that's okay ^.^))

"I do," Arianette said, drawing away from him again, "But it's already too late for that." She turned away from him, unable to look at the man that she loved after what she had done. She bit her lip to fight back tears. "Nathaniel..." She started, unsure of how to tell him this, "I-I'm with child."

message 41: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel's eyes widened and he took a half step back in pure shock. It wasn't his, it couldn't be. He would've never take that risk with her in Caspian's castle. Then he remembered the rules... ladies could not refuse Caspian to anything, not even....

Nathaniel's fists clenched in anger and his face turned red and his glare deadly. "I'll kill him. I'll kill him for laying a hand on you, for forcing you to do that!" He exclaimed, angry with Caspian and not with her.

message 42: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "P-please, Nathaniel," Arianette said, tears beginning to fall from her eyes, "You can't risk your life over this. I knew the rules when I came here. I made the decision to do this, knowing that this was a possibility." It was terrifying to see him like this, to know that she was the reason that he was acting this way.

message 43: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel was still seething with anger but he frowned when he saw her begin to cry. He slowly calmed down and gently cupped her cheek, wiping away her tears with his thumb. "It's alright... we can get married. I'll claim it as my own, no one will ever know." he told her, smiling encouragingly and hopefully, kissing her forehead. "I promised to always take care of you and protect you, I won't break that promise. Now it just extends to you and your child." He assured her.

message 44: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Thank you," Arianette said, eternally grateful to him for this. She brought her lips to his, relieved to know that he was still willing to be with her even though she was carrying another man's child. Upon finding out that she was pregnant, she feared that she would be bound here for the rest of her life. "We'll have to act quickly, though," She said, "If Caspian find out, he'll suspect that the child is his."

message 45: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel nodded. "We can leave tonight. I know a bit at out of the castle. It has only one guard and he's bribable, plus, he would be dare say no to a prince." He told her with a slight smirk. "Meet me here at 1:00am and dress is moveable clothes. There may be a bit of running or climbing involved." He told her.

message 46: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments ((I joined Kingdom, btw! no one responded to my rp request, though))

message 47: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments ((Yay! We can do a roleplay together if you want ^.^))

"Alright," Arianette said, shocking herself with her willingness to agree to such a dangerous plan. It was her only other option, though. Refusing to act now would seal her fate at French court forever. She intertwined her hand with his, kissing him gently. Should things go poorly, these could be their last moments together.

message 48: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments ((Please! I'd love that!))

Nathaniel smiled softly and kissed her back lovingly, his other hand going to the back of her head gently as he kissed her. He pulled away just barely and rested his forehead against hers. "I promise, I will do whatever it takes to free you from here. You will be safe. I swear it." He whispered.

message 49: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments ((I have an actress. Maybe we could do a roleplay between the two of them? Here's her profile: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... ))

"Let us hope that things go well and that we are gone before Caspian notices our absence," Arianette replied softly, not wanting any harm to befall him. She didn't know if she would be able to live with herself if he got hurt, or even killed, because of her.

message 50: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel frowned softly and took both her hands gently. "Arianette, I promise we'll get away. At least you will. If it comes to it, I will send you ahead while I stay behind to fight off whatever persuers we have. They will be less inclined to hurt an Ally prince."

« previous 1