Court of Roses discussion

The castle > Ballroom

Comments Showing 1-50 of 180 (180 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments .

message 2: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia walked into the ballroom after getting prepared by a maid in waiting in her bedroom. She did enjoy balls, she just hoped she wouldn't be standing in the corner alone all night.
((Her outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedd...))

Nathaniel walked into the ballroom in his best clothes and garments and wearing his crown, his usual cocky smirk on his lips.

message 3: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian walked into the ballroom, wearing his best outfit and his prince's crown. He looked very serious, and not like his usual self

message 4: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette stepped into the ballroom, dawning a dress that was a rich color of red. She didn't recognize anyone in the room except for the prince whom she had met earlier. She supposed that now was the time to introduce herself to the other people at court.

message 5: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia moved to the edge of the room and sat in a chair, waiting for the Ball to begin. The only people she knew were the Princes, Prince Caspian and Prince Nathaniel from England, who she didn't like due to his arrogant and flirty personality.

Nathaniel saw Arianette enter and smirked, walking over to her. "Hello, M'lady." He said with a bow and took her hand, kissing the top of it gently.

message 6: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian sighed as the court muscians started playing. He walked over to Anastasia. "May I have this dance?"

message 7: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Hello," Arianette said, nodding to the man who approached her. His actions were potentially improper, but Arianette had heard that the French were romantics, so perhaps it was a common thing.

message 8: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia smiled and stood up. "I'd be honored." She said. In truth, she loved to dance. But as a Baronetess she rarely got the chance as she wasn't often noticed by the noblemen of England.

Nathaniel smirked and offered her his hand. "Would you give me the honor of the first dance?" He asked in a charming way, his voice smooth and even.

message 9: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian smiled and led her to the dance floor. He led the dance

message 10: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "I suppose," Arianette said, her crimson lips forming a smirk, "Although only for formality's sake. I can't be getting thrown out of court on my first day here, now can I?" Her voice was velvety, with a soft lilt. It was a bit unusual in France, but it was considered quite charming in Scotland.

((Arianette's dress: http://litbimg1.rightinthebox.com/ima... ))

message 11: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Anastasia smiled as she gently placed her hand in his and her other hand on his shoulder. She let him lead her through the dance, never looking down at her feet. She just smiled at him and occasionally looked around the room. "You're an excellent dancer." She told him.

message 12: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel smirked and led her out onto the dance floor and gently took her hand and put his other on her waist, leading her around the floor with excellence and grace. "May I ask your name?" He asked.

message 13: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Arianette Westfall," Arianette said, moving gracefully and effortlessly as though dancing was as simple as walking, "And who might you be?"

message 14: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Nathaniel smirked at her name. "Beautiful name for a breath taking lady. I am Prince Nathaniel Nobely of England." He told her as he continued to dance.

message 15: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "And what is a prince doing at the royal court of another prince? All of the women here are forbidden from having romantic relations with anyone other than the prince," Arianette said, dismissing his compliments, "Unless you, too are out for the prince's heart?" She said the last sentence with a raised eyebrow. The Prince of France was rumored to be romantically involved with men as well as women, so she didn't doubt that there would be a few men at court.

message 16: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Fangirl7243 wrote: "Anastasia smiled as she gently placed her hand in his and her other hand on his shoulder. She let him lead her through the dance, never looking down at her feet. She just smiled at him and occasion..."

"Thank you. My mother taught me how to dance" Caspian said, looking in her eyes

message 17: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Spades wrote: ""And what is a prince doing at the royal court of another prince? All of the women here are forbidden from having romantic relations with anyone other than the prince," Arianette said, dismissing h..."

Nathaniel laughed and shook his head. "No, Caspian and I are just old friends. I'm here for moral support. Also, technically I don't break the rules unless the lady falls in love with me and I her. Though, I might break that rule for you." He said with a charming smirk, continuing to dance.

message 18: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Astra wrote: "Fangirl7243 wrote: "Anastasia smiled as she gently placed her hand in his and her other hand on his shoulder. She let him lead her through the dance, never looking down at her feet. She just smiled..."

Anastasia smiled, looking into his eyes that seemed heavy with pain and duty. She hoped she might one day see the alight with laughter and happiness and life. "Well she taught you well. I wish I could have met her. I bet she was extraordinary." She said truthfully.

message 19: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Then we won't have to worry, even if you fall for me," Arianette said, "Because I don't intend to lose my head over you." Despite her words, she continued to dance with Nathaniel. She cast a glance over at the prince who was caught up with another girl who was looking up at him with doe-like eyes. The innocent look almost made Arianette laugh at how childish the girl was, as though she was caught up in fairy tales of women meeting princes and living happily ever after. She was a bit envious of her apparent outlook on life, but she threw out her ideals of a perfect romance a long time ago.

message 20: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "She was" Caspian said the song soon ending

message 21: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Spades wrote: ""Then we won't have to worry, even if you fall for me," Arianette said, "Because I don't intend to lose my head over you." Despite her words, she continued to dance with Nathaniel. She cast a glanc..."

Nathaniel smirked at her and stepped away as the song ended. "Then I hope we at least get to be good friends. And I hope you save me the last dance of the evening, m'lady." He said and bowed before leading her off the dance floor and walking off.

message 22: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Astra wrote: ""She was" Caspian said the song soon ending"

Anastasia frowned slightly, realizing she shouldn't have mentioned the painful topic. "Caspian, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." She said quietly.

message 23: by Spades (last edited Jun 20, 2016 06:17PM) (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette's eyes lingered on him as he left. He wasn't the prince that she came here for, but she wouldn't completely discount him contrary to what she had said earlier. She took a glass of champagne from a tray that a man was walking around with, drinking it as she watched the other party-goers.

message 24: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "You did nothing to upset me," Caspian said bowing before taking her hand a laying a soft kiss on it. He then led her off the dance floor

message 25: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Spades wrote: "Arianette's eyes lingered on him as he left. He wasn't the prince that she came here for, but she wouldn't completely discount him contrary to what she had said earlier. She took a glass of champag..."

Nathaniel took a glass of champagne and looked at Arianette from the corner of his eye. She was different. She didn't fall for his charm and tricks like most women. Instead she seemed to be a lot like him, especially her wit and brains. But she was smart and charming as well. He definitely wanted to get to know her more.

message 26: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Astra wrote: ""You did nothing to upset me," Caspian said bowing before taking her hand a laying a soft kiss on it. He then led her off the dance floor"

Anastasia walked beside him off the dance floor and smiled at him. "I'm glad you threw the ball. It's been so long since I've been to one. I only hope you'll enjoy it yourself." She said softly, looking up into his eyes.

message 27: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I hope I do as well." He bowed to her. "My lady" Caspian said before walking over to Arianette

message 28: by ~Fangirl~ (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 260 comments Astra wrote: ""I hope I do as well." He bowed to her. "My lady" Caspian said before walking over to Arianette"

Anastasia saw him walk off and sighed, sitting back down and refusing a glass of champagne. She wasn't one for drinking, though she did do it on special occasions.

message 29: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette set her empty champagne flute down when she saw the prince lead the girl that he was dancing with away from the dance floor. Her mind wandered to something that she had read the other day about alcoholism being passed down from parents to children. She had only had one drink, but she had downed it as though it was water. She made a mental note to watch herself. She couldn't afford to make a fool of herself here. She returned to watching the two, looking for an opportunity to approach the prince. Just as her thoughts returned to him, he approached her first.
"Hello, Caspian," Arianette said, curtsying.

message 30: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Arianette" Caspian said bowing. "I am glad you came," He smiled very prince like

message 31: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Thank you for hosting such a wonderful ball," Arianette said with a smile.

message 32: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "The credit for this ball isn't mine," Caspian said laughing softly. "The staff planned it"

message 33: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Well, then my compliments to the staff," Arianette said with a laugh, "It's wonderful, nonetheless."

message 34: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "They did a spectacular job as always. Would you care to dance" Caspian asked as another song started

message 35: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "I would love to," Arianette said with a smile. She suspected that he was going to ask every girl that was here tonight to dance, so she intended to make the most of her time with him.

message 36: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian led her out to the dance floor. "You look lovely in that dress" He said as they started dancing

message 37: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Thank you," Arianette replied with a smile, "You look quite handsome, as well." She danced with him easily, allowing him to take the lead.

message 38: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Your welcome and thank you for the compliment" Caspian said. She was a good dancer. "You're good at dancing"

message 39: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "I used to dance a lot when I was younger," Arianette said, "But I haven't had much time to attend balls recently, so I'm glad that I haven't forgotten how." She laughed, although she doubted that she would ever forget how to dance. She had done the steps so many times that she could probably do them in her sleep.

message 40: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I don't think it's possible to forget how to dance," Caspian said, laughing softly. She was really sweet and kind, but also intelligent and formal.

message 41: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Well, that's fortunate for me," Arianette said, "Otherwise I'd be making a fool of myself while trying to remember."

message 42: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "And it is fortunate for me as well" Caspian said, smiling his normal kind soft smile.

message 43: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette smiled, glad that the prince seemed to be enjoying himself. He seemed to be under a lot of stress, and he deserved to forget about his troubles for the night.

message 44: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian was relaxed as they danced. Soon the song ended

message 45: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette's steps slowed as the song ended. She wondered if he would move onto the next girl now.

message 46: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Will you join me on the balcony?" Caspian asked

message 47: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Of course," Arianette said. Although she didn't have much of a choice, she wouldn't have refused him anyways.

message 48: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian smiled and led her out to the balcony and cool night air

message 49: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette followed him outside, the cool air making her realize how warm she had been inside. A gentle breeze lifted the tulle of her skirt ever so slightly, causing the embroidered flowers to move as though they were caught in the wind and wafting the scent of her perfume to waft towards Caspian. It was a mixture of fresh roses and hints of warm vanilla. The breeze pulled gently at her hair, causing a few wisps of it to flutter slightly.

message 50: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian inhaled then sighed softly, more relaxed then anything else. The moonlight shone gently on the balcony as he leaned on the railing looking up at the stars and night sky. When he smelled the rose perfume he smiled. Roses were his favorite. Though that was a bit obvious.

« previous 1 3 4