Court of Roses discussion

The castle > Entrance hall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments .

message 2: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments A carriage drown by four black horses arrived in front of the castle, making a crunching sound on the gravel beneath it. A woman stared out of the window at the castle that stood before her. Once the carriage halted, a footman opened the door and held out a hand for the woman to use when exiting. A hand with slender fingers exited the carriage, setting itself on top of the footman's hand, followed by the woman in her entirety. She had a regal air about her, and she nodded in acknowledgement to the footman as she stepped out of the carriage. She took a breath of the fresh air before making her way to the entrance of the palace. There was no need for anyone to carry her bags as she had none. The letter that she had received about the conditions of her stay had made it very clear that nothing from the outside was allowed. As she approached the somewhat daunting doors that served as the entrance of the castle, the guards stationed there opened them.

message 3: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian was walking down the stairs of the entrance hall, having just coming from Osiris's room. He looked a bit flustered and tired.

message 4: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette stepped inside the palace, greeted by plush carpets and expensive looking paintings hung in gold frames. Her attention was taken off of the exquisite decor when she saw someone coming down the stairs. The man looked similar to the Prince that she had seen in portraits, although he looked to be in worse health. She waited for a moment for him to notice her, not wanting to startle him.

message 5: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian noticed a girl walk in and smiled. He walked over to her and bowed respectfully. "Welcome"

message 6: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette curtsied deeply, her skirt pooling around her on the floor before she stood back up. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Prince Caspian," She said, her voice lilting and charming.

message 7: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "The pleasure is mine, my lady," Caspian said politely, standing up straight. "May I ask your name?"

message 8: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Arianette Westfall, your highness," Arianette said, sparing no formality. Prince Caspian was the most high ranked person that she had ever spoken to.

message 9: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Lady Arianette. A lovely name. But please, call me Caspian. I'm not one for formalities like your higness" Caspian said

message 10: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Well then, feel free to call me Arianette, Caspian," Arianette said with a small smile. She met his eyes for a moment before looking away as to avoid looking as though she were challenging him. His eyes were similar to hers, although his were darker and much more troubled.

message 11: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Very well Arianette. Will you walk with me?" Caspian asked, holding out a hand for her. She seemed formal, maybe a bit too much

message 12: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Of course," Arianette said, taking his hand. A bracelet with a teardrop shaped garnet hung loosely around her wrist. The color matched the rich hue painted on her lips.

message 13: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian smiled and walked with her. He didn't exactly have a destination. But he was enjoying the company. "Tell me, where are you from?" He asked

message 14: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Scotland," Arianette replied, "I have a lovely estate there in Argyll, although it pales in comparison to this."

message 15: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I've heard that Scotland is quite beautiful. I'm sure much more beautiful than here in France" Caspian said

message 16: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "The scenery in Scotland is quite incredible, although the architecture in France is leagues above what it is in Scotland," Arianette said, careful not to deny his compliment of her country while not saying that his country was inferior to her's.

message 17: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments She's careful, and knows what to say. Caspian thought to himself. "Do you have any family there?" He asked

message 18: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "No," Arianette said, "My parent passed away, leaving me with an estate to manage in their stead." She said this as though she felt sorry for them, although that was entirely true. She missed her mother dearly, but she couldn't say the same for her father.

message 19: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I am truly sorry" Caspian said. Maybe she wan't so bad after all. She had lost her parents like he had lost his. They had a similarity there

message 20: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Thank you," Arianette said, "Although I should be offering my condolences to you, as well. I've heard about the death of your parents and the troubles that it has brought you."

message 21: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian sighed slightly then smiled. "There are other things to think about right now"

message 22: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Yes, sometimes it's best not to dwell on the past," Arianette agreed. She was curious about him. She had heard rumors, but she wasn't fond of placing her trust in gossip.

message 23: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Of course sometimes it's hard to not dwell on the past," Caspian said. As they walked through the halls they passed a room with closed doors and Caspian paused, glancing at it

message 24: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Arianette noticed him look at the doors but chose not to speak on it. Given the subject of their conversation, she assumed that the room had some sort of sentimental value to him. Perhaps it belonged to one of his family members. "I must say, it was quite generous of you to invite so many people to court," She said, breaking the silence, "I can't imagine making a decision this important can be easy."

message 25: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "No it is not an easy decision" Caspian said.

message 26: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Affairs of the heart never are," Arianette said with a sympathetic smile and a knowing look. Whether it was about family or romance, the heart was fragile and easy to break.

message 27: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian smiled. she was nice

message 28: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments Their conversation had gotten a bit grim, so Arianette was glad to see him smile. Caspian had seemed upset about something when she first saw him, so she hoped that she could make him forget about his problems. "So, Caspian, what do you like to do in your free time?" She inquired, curious about what he was like.

message 29: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I mostly read and sword fight." Caspian said. Or hide in Osiris's room... maybe with a little singing...

message 30: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "I read a lot, as well," Arianette said with a smile, "I'm quite fond of poetry and romance novels, although I do spend a lot of time reading books about history."

message 31: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I find poetry very nice and easy to read when you only have a little bit of time or need a short break" Caspian said with a kind smile

message 32: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Yes, it's quite convenient, isn't it?" Arianette said. She was glad that they had at least one thing in common.

message 33: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "It's very convenient," Caspian said. There was another thing they had in common. At least this one was more positive than the last

message 34: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "And you sword fight, as well?" Arianette said, "I've never had the chance. I do enjoy archery, though." She loved the thrill of hunting, despite it being unladylike.

message 35: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I can do archery though I'm not the best," Caspian said laughing. His hand rested on the sword at his side

message 36: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Both have their benefits respectively," Arianette said, "An archer could easily shoot a swordsman from a safe enough distance away, but should an archer have to fight a swordsman at close range, they would be at a huge disadvantage." She was well-versed in things like these thanks to her education in strategy. "Although, I'm sure you have no need for either other than for the purpose of mastering a skill, seeing as France isn't currently involved in any sort of war."

message 37: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "No, not currently. But sword fighting has come in handy unfortunately," Caspian said with a slight sigh

message 38: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Our conversation seems ill-fated to turn to negative thoughts," Arianette said, "If there is something bothering you, Caspian, please feel free to tell me about it. Perhaps I could help."

message 39: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "I am still trying to recover psychically and emotionally from the fight I had with Osiris" Caspian said, speaking truthfully

message 40: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "I see," Arianette said, "That room that we passed earlier, was it his?" She inquired. It was to be expected that Caspian would still be upset over this since it was a major event in his life.

message 41: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Yes it was. I go in there often." Caspian said

message 42: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Physical wounds will heal with time, and perhaps emotional wounds as well," Arianette said, "I know that the decision to banish your brother must have been hard on you, but I believe that you did the right thing."

message 43: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "i did what I must for the better of the kingdom and that is why my next choice will be an important one. Who I chose here will possibly change the tides," Caspian said

message 44: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Yes, it could greatly affect all of France and even Europe," Arianette said, "But I trust that you will choose the right person."

message 45: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Thank you for placing trust in me" Caspian said

message 46: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "Of course," Arianette said with a smile, "After all, you are France's future."

message 47: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments Caspian sighed slightly then smiled. "And I'll do the best I can to be the king France needs me to be"

message 48: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "I'm sure that you will," Arianette said. She wondered if Caspian was troubled about becoming king, although it probably wasn't nearly as troubling as the rest of the situation with his family.

message 49: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 1 comments "Thank you for your support. I really shouldn't keep you though" Caspian said

message 50: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 175 comments "It's really been no problem," Arianette said, "Although I am quite tired from travelling." She had been travelling for a few days now, and she was glad to have finally reached her destination. "It was nice meeting you Prin-" She caught herself, "Caspian."

« previous 1