Hobb-A-Long Read-A-Long discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 - ARCHIVED > Video/Blog Suggestions *Here at Last*

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess Milner | 6 comments these all sound great, i can't wait to get to them! especially the fancast one (i've done a fancast video before bc its something i love doing, so im v excited!) would it be easier also to post links to the videos in the comments here, like in the t5w discussions? xx

message 2: by Charles (new)

Charles (variousaltitudes) | 3 comments These are some great suggestions; look forward to it! :)

message 3: by John (last edited Jul 03, 2016 05:42PM) (new)

John | 219 comments Let's generate some ideas for fancasting!

Assassin's Apprentice: The Movie!

Fitz---If this were fifteen years ago, it would be Heath Ledger, without a doubt! But I was thinking maybe Zac Efron, or Liam Hemsworth. Zac looks like he's twelve so that helps with a character that's a teenager throughout the trilogy. Also, he's 5'8.( Liam is 6'3).

The Fool---Admit it! First thing that popped into your mind was Anderson Cooper! LOL. But seriously, I was thinking Eddie Redmayne, who is fair-skinned and can do androgynous characters("The Danish Girl").

Burrich---Gerard Butler-That may be perfect casting. Also, Dwayne"The Rock"Johnson and Josh Brolin.

Chivalry---Sean Bean (Game of Thrones), an actor famous for being killed off early in movies and TV. My idea for him is that his only scene in the movie would be him lying dead in an open casket, where Fitz looks upon his father for the one and only time in his life. And it would be Bean's earliest exit from a movie ever!

Verity---Liev Schreiber(from "Ray Donovan" and lots of movies). Also Bradley Cooper, Keanu Reeves and Tom Hiddleston.

Regal---Christian Bale, or maybe Sam Rockwell.

Chade---Sam Neill, Malcolm McDowell, Jonathan Price(High Sparrow on Game of Thrones).

Shrewd---Stellan Skarsgard, the world's greatest living character actor and perfect for playing a King Lear sort of character. Also, Patrick Stewart , Bruce Dern.

Kettricken---Need someone tall and blonde, in their twenties. Charlize Theron is forty(Sigh!)! Nobody else here is over 5'9: Brie Larson( The Room, The new Captain Marvel movie, playing the titular character), Lily James(Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice & Zombies), Anya Taylor Joy( blonde girl in The Witch), Margot Robbie and Blake Lively.

Molly---Shailene Woodley(The Fault in Our Stars), Emma Watson and Anna Kendrick.

Patience---Kristen Chenowith, who can give a broadly comic performance; Toni Collette, Michelle Pfeiffer and Amy Sedaris.

Galen---Paul Giamatti

Okay, everybody! See what you can come up with your casting choices!

message 4: by Ben (new)

Ben | 13 comments Here is a song I stumbled upon that I think would fit well for the Fitz and the Farseer Trilogy. It's suspenseful and driving. Of course, a more melancholic tune might be more fitting, but this one still sweeps a bit with sadness. Let me know what you think or if you have other songs to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z91TN...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.