What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Murder Mystery set during the holidays in the 1940s I think

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 4 comments I read this book in 2005 or 06 I think. This was a lighthearted murder mystery about a woman whose boyfriend was a detective and someone got murdered. She helps solve the mystery. Set during the winter holiday season (Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.) in the 1940s I believe. I think she had a cat? I vaguely remember a cat being on the cover. The cover was a whimsical cartoon drawing. I believe this was part of a book series.

That's all I can remember! Please help! Thank you.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Miranda, can you tell us more about the heroine in this cosy mystery - her job, hobbies, personality, family/friends, etc.? Does she own a book store?

What's the location - U.S./England/country, big city/small town, mountains/coast/region, etc.?

message 3: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 4 comments Hi Kris! I don't remember a ton of details, but I know the story was set in a big city. Possibly New York City. The heroine is witty. I don't remember her job. Possibly a reporter? I remember she bought a silky nightgown to surprise her boyfriend. Sorry I'm not more help! I wish I could remember more!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Miranda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?