The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Talking about the book

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Daniel Eubank In my opinion this book is amazing it has alot of action packed in it i have read some of the book and I rate this book as Excellent

Tristen Kozinski I agree with you to an extent; it has a fairly original plot, namely the Games, and delivers on the promises and emotions of said plot. The prose, however, is pretty basic and fails to really add anything, which is a requirement for me to label anything as excellent.

Daniel Eubank Yeah i agree also with you.

Mihika Yep...

all good things must come to an end NO! KATNISS IS A JERK!!!!!!!!!!!

that being said, I still classify it as a book that i like. even tho.....

KATNISS IS A JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tristen Kozinski Gabby wrote: "NO! KATNISS IS A JERK!!!!!!!!!!!

that being said, I still classify it as a book that i like. even tho.....

KATNISS IS A JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, she kinda is; but alphas tend to be jerks.

Mirkat Thank you for actually starting a discussion about the book. Almost every post in the discussions "about" this book is a word game. It's nice when people want to discuss the alleged book.

all good things must come to an end Mirkat wrote: "Thank you for actually starting a discussion about the book. Almost every post in the discussions "about" this book is a word game. It's nice when people want to discuss the alleged book."

no problem. I love discussing books!

So who was your guys' favorite character?

And who do you guys ship? katniss and Gale or Katniss and Peeta...or someone else? or no-one?

Tristen Kozinski Originally I shipped Katniss and Peeta, but by the end of the third book I didn't really like Katniss all that much so I now ship nobody.

Mirkat I would have been fine with no romance arc whatsoever, but I felt Peeta provided a better counter-balance to Katniss's personality. He was the more nurturing character. Gale seemed more like a "boy" Katniss, making them too alike to one another.

all good things must come to an end Originally i shipped Katniss and Peeta, but when I read the series a 2nd time, i was really disgusted with Katniss's character, and now i believe that Peeta is way too good for her. I agree with you, Mirkat in that Peeta does balance it out well/completes Katniss-she is really grouchy and unpleasant, and he is like an angel he's so sweet (except when he's tracker jackered). I don't like Gale either. He's kinda....rough i supposed....I don't know how to describe why i don't like him, but...i don't. So i don't ship katniss with anyone.

finicky tho. :) he and annie are cute.

all good things must come to an end my favorite ship in the series is clove and cato. Anyway, does anybody know all twelve sections in the arena for catching fire???

brooke1994 I don't necessarily think that Katniss is grouchy or unpleasant. Falling in love wasn't really one of her goals in the first place, she went into the games to support her family and she went in for sacrificial reasons. I think she loves Peeta but in a sister/brother way, the capital forced her to pretend that they were star crossed lovers.

Mirkat I do think that Katniss developed romantic feelings for Peeta over time, but that was after her playing the role for the cameras and sponsors.

message 15: by all good things must come to an end (last edited Aug 04, 2016 08:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

all good things must come to an end that is a very good point, hold_my_heart. I never thought of Katniss's feelings for peeta that way, but now that you mention it i think that that is exactly what it was. she loved him one way, and she was being forced to love him another. She didn't want to kill him because she did love him, but not that way. Even after she fell in love with him she wouldn't admit it to herself. i think the only time she ever admitted that she loved him was at the end of Mocking Jay when he said "you love me. Real or not real?" and she said "real". Even so, i think that she never fell head over heals for him like "oh peeta is sooooo hot <3!" she really loved him. she wasn't infatuated with him or any of that stuff, but she genuinely cared deeply for him. Want i want to think about is why peeta loved katniss. He gave her the bread out of compassion, and i guess maybe he liked the way she was hard working and sacrificial to take care of her fam without a dad and with a spacey mum. that is an admirable characteristic about katniss even if her personality is a bit disagreeable. but can u blame her for being unfriendly? she is pretty muted ripped out of her home and forced to kill or be killed. for what? for other ppl's ENTERTAINMENT!!! she has no control and control is something that ppl are quite fond of. any way, i could go on, but i'll stop :)