Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) Last Sacrifice discussion

How could Rose see Tatiana's ghost?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leandra She summons up Tatiana's ghost to ask about the letter, but she's in Court. Isn't the Court warded and doesn't let ghosts pass through?

Gina Bowman Tatiana's ghost was inside the wards, she didn't have to get through, she was there already.

Leandra Gina wrote: "Tatiana's ghost was inside the wards, she didn't have to get through, she was there already."

Oh that actually makes a lot of sense. So the wards only keep ghosts that died beyond them out? I thought that wards just sort of pushed out any kind of supernatural ghostly spirits, so I thought that Tatiana was "pushed" outside the wards when she died. But I'm probably wrong on that :P

Gina Bowman Right? I don't know. She was weak, wasn't she? She could only nod and not try to talk or anything. Maybe being inside the wards did that.

That's one more thing that I don't understand in the story lines.

One that really sticks with me is how did Stragoi Dimitri hold the silver ring that Oksana had given Rose to help with the ghosts and the darkness from Lissa's Spirit use over in America with Avery.

He held it for quite a few minutes, while he talked about his home growing up, and his family he seemed more like his old self.

This moment is so crucial to the rest of the story, practically every plot after this moment depends on his being more like himself!

When Rose asked Oksana about it Mark and Oksana had a conversation about the "rumor" that a man had staked a Stragoi and Restored them to human form. Miracle? Mark didn't think so. But this whole plot, the restoration possibility, set Rose on the path to find Robert Duru, via breaking Victor out of prison, restoring Dimitri, restoring Sonya, and eventually finding the guy that Robert had restored in the Bloodlines books, then finding out that he couldn't be turned again, and that his blood was tainted so now they have the Stragoi vaccine as a possible story.

So the whole thing hinges on Dimitri holding that silver ring and being able to hold it and be changed emotionally by it, healed a bit...

How could he hold a silver ring?

Some say because the silver ring wasn't exposed to the 4 elements that stakes are exposed to. So it didn't burn him. That sort of makes sense but still, no where else does it say anything about Stragoi being able to touch regular silver without it causing any problems.

Leandra Gina wrote: "Right? I don't know. She was weak, wasn't she? She could only nod and not try to talk or anything. Maybe being inside the wards did that.

That's one more thing that I don't understand in the stor..."

Yeah maybe Tatiana could stay inside because she died there, or maybe she could stay there for a really short period of time (a few days or less) before being overwhelmed by the wards and moving on. But she probably stayed to talk to Rose

And yeah I totally get what you mean with the ring. I would probably also just say that it was because it was only spirit inside the ring and not the other elements. We know that spirit has a healing essence to it, whereas the other elements, being physical, are more about force and physical interaction (which would burn and hurt Strigoi). But maybe it's also about the intention about when they're put into a silver object? I mean a spirit user could make a ring that would really mentally hurt a Strigoi, but maybe because the ring that Rose had one was made to heal and to clear your mind, that's the only thing it did to Dimitri.

:)

Gina Bowman I'm getting where I can wrap my mind around it, that it isn't the "silver" that hurts the Stragoi but the elemental magic that has infused it.

Leandra Gina wrote: "I'm getting where I can wrap my mind around it, that it isn't the "silver" that hurts the Stragoi but the elemental magic that has infused it."

Yeah, no definitely not the silver, I don't think. Just the elements/spirits. :P

I need to look into it though tbh