Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Lutz (annelutz) | 27 comments Hi everyone,

I would love some feedback on my cover.

description

Thank you so much!

message 2: by Ray (new)

Ray Sunn | 19 comments What is this book's genre? The bottom part where it said 3 m readers...the readers portion got cut off..saw only rea...I'm not sure about the dad quote above. The image reminds me of a young adult genre. Is this what you're going for?

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Lutz (annelutz) | 27 comments Ray wrote: "What is this book's genre? The bottom part where it said 3 m readers...the readers portion got cut off..saw only rea...I'm not sure about the dad quote above. The image reminds me of a young adult ..."

Yes, it's young adult contemporary romance, very quirky. The bottom part just says 3 M reads.

Scorpio-of-Autumn | 35 comments I'd remove the quote from your dad. It makes it look juvenile and cheap (that's at least what comes to my mind. It makes me not want to read it because parents will praise anything).

message 5: by Serena (new)

Serena James (serenajames) | 14 comments I think the exact opposite! Don't remove the quote! I think it's absolutely hilarious! If you're going for YA, it sets the tone pretty well.

message 6: by Serena (new)

Serena James (serenajames) | 14 comments I love the colour scheme, the choice of art is gorgeous and the font really complements it. The only thing I would do is improve the quality.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne Lutz (annelutz) | 27 comments Serena wrote: "I think the exact opposite! Don't remove the quote! I think it's absolutely hilarious! If you're going for YA, it sets the tone pretty well."

Scorpio-of-Autumn wrote: "I'd remove the quote from your dad. It makes it look juvenile and cheap (that's at least what comes to my mind. It makes me not want to read it because parents will praise anything)."

Yeah, I actually do like the quote. I have it on my Wattpad cover, and I've had several readers tell me that's why they chose my book in the first place. It's not meant to be taken seriously--it's just a quirky joke. However, I will consider your thoughts, Scorpio, because I definitely don't want the cover to come off as cheap!

And yes, I agree, I think that the quality could be improved. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll work on it. :)

message 8: by Chloé (new)

Chloé (chbr) | 1 comments I agree - it's quite a clever comment in my opinion. It really sets the tone and it actually did make me laugh and want to know more. So great job

message 9: by Ray (new)

Ray Sunn | 19 comments If it's young adult, keep your father's quote. Sounds like a funny book. If that's the feel you're going for, well done!

message 10: by Nick (new)

Nick Bruechle | 6 comments Hi,
I like the Dad comment and would keep it. The issue I have is with the "3 m reads" at the bottom. Can't you spell it out? Doesn't 3,000,000 reads look better? I realise you will need to reduce the size to accommodate that, but it's not essential to the book itself, it is a bit of extra author promotion. I would also consider going to upper and lower case for that statement. Especially give that you have gone all lower case for the Dad comment.

message 11: by Katt (new)

Katt | 9 comments I love the picture, works really well with the title. Maybe write "3 Million" instead of "3M"? That way people who don't know the wattpad lingo will still understand. I think the quote at the top might look better on top of the image, instead of on the pink ribbon. I like the font for your name, but the font for the quote could be improved. Something with straighter edges so it meshes with the other fonts better? Also, maybe put the quote in quotation marks to make it look like it's trying to be really official. That would get my attention instantly.

message 12: by Anne (last edited Jun 20, 2016 02:31PM) (new)

Anne Lutz (annelutz) | 27 comments Thank you so much for your feedback, everyone! I've made some altercations based on your suggestions. Do you guys like either of these? Thanks!

description

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Lutz (annelutz) | 27 comments description

message 14: by Katt (new)

Katt | 9 comments The new images aren't showing up for me.