The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > G'Day From Australia!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elias (last edited Jun 17, 2016 10:53PM) (new)

Elias Zanbaka Ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Elias Zanbaka and I'm from Sydney, Australia. Like many here, I too am a firm follower/believer of the Action/Adventure/Thriller/Suspense faith. My favourite authors include Matthew Reilly [the man who got me into reading and reading seriously in high school], Thomas Harris [for his precision and craft and making thrillers that are genuinely terrifying] and William Peter Blatty [who wrote "The Exorcist", which I consider to be the gold standard in thrillers].

I am also a Goodreads author [although I prefer the terms "storyteller" or "entertainer", I've never considered myself either a "writer" or an "author"]. I'm just a guy who loves reading and telling stories. I've self-published my very first ebook, an action-thriller trumpeting the title of "Environmentally Friendly" that I've made available for free in the hopes of providing some [hopefully] good entertainment to my audience or my readers.

It looks like there are many passionate readers here who love their thrillers just as much, maybe, if not more than I do. It's still and always has been my favourite genre [a good thriller can always make me blush and if it's a great one, I'll tend to start biting my lips and playing/twirling my hair but that's a whole other story for another time]. I'm looking forward to finding and telling more stories that will hopefully thrill, delight and entertain with many of you!

Kind Regards

Elias

Over and Out.

message 2: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8944 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Elias! Not a thriller fan myself, but everyone else here seems to be so I'm sure you'll be bombarded with recommendations.

message 3: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka Hi Nancy! Thanks for the warm welcome! I might have to prepare the shields just in case the bombardment gets out of hand!

message 4: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8944 comments Mod
Elias wrote: "Hi Nancy! Thanks for the warm welcome! I might have to prepare the shields just in case the bombardment gets out of hand!"

And put on your body armor as well!

message 5: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka Will do! Thanks for the heads up! ;)

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1528 comments Welcome, Elias. I read thrillers and mysteries.

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill Welcome to the group, Elias.

message 8: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka Thanks guys!