Children's Lit Summer 2016 Grad White discussion

Knake Digital Book Promotion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Jun 17, 2016 09:22PM) (new)

Amy | 4 comments Book Trailer Address: https://docs.google.com/presentation/...
1. I chose Stella by Starlight for this project because I know kids are fascinated about who the Ku Klux Klan is and their disturbing part of our history. They cannot believe the way this hate group antagonized people just because of the color of their skin. Also, this book gives us a glimpse into the evolution of African-American rights in our country.
2. Google Slides is the app with which I am most familiar. I have limited experience with other applications for this type of project. I am definitely looking forward to expanding my skills in this area.
3. Even with Google slides, I have not had much practice. I was a bit frustrated and wanted to be able to accomplish much more than I did. I wanted to be able to use music and more types of animation, but I don’t know enough yet. I would have used more pictures as well, but I was under a time constraint.
4. I wanted to capture the calm of the night sky and the contrast of the frightening scene of the cross burning surrounded by the men dressed in white robes to convey an ominous setting. I was able to convey that much. I would like to have experimented with more photos, and with music, but I don’t think you can use music for Google slides.
5. I think book trailers are a great way to promote books. I also think it would be a great project for kids to do when promoting their own books. It beats writing a book report for so many reasons! One important reason is the digital skills they would acquire from doing them.
6. I just need more practice in creating book trailers. I need to find a program that will allow me to utilize as many advanced features as I can get figured out. I’m just going to have to start taking baby steps until it becomes effortless.

message 2: by Jacinda (new)

Jacinda Drakulich (jzd116) | 6 comments LOL... i think a lot of us were out of touch when it came to the technology side of this assignment. It would have been nice to have more time to devote to learning the software and all it had to offer. Fun project, but I agree more time for me would have been a benefit!!