The Readers discussion

Episode Discussions > Political books (Ep. 154)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula (pjhugs) | 12 comments As a Canadian, may I suggest "The Best Laid Plans" and "The High Road" by Terry Fallis? Both titles won the Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour.

Rosanna (prosesroses) (prosesroses) I never read the book but I did watch the CBC mini series and surprisingly enjoyed it!
I tried to get it from the library but there were too many holds I didn't bother, lol.

I'm glad that despite all the hoopla during the Canadian elections campaign, it has nothing on American or British politics. And In the end we booted the Conservatives despite NDP and Liberal being a little hurt from splitting the voters in the centre and left.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1 comments I suggest the two books about the most recent presidential election campaigns by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin, "Game Change" and "Double Down"

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (yourtrueshelf) | 21 comments Non-fiction recommendations: a people's history of the united states by Howard Zinn; anything by John Pilger, a wonderful journalist, and anything by Noam Chomsky gets my vote.