YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Demorn: City of Innocents (The Asanti #2)
This topic is about Demorn
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Demorn: City of Innocents (The Asanti #2) by David Finn - Starting June 30th

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84153 comments Mod

Dimensional Exiles. Demon Gods. A mad Tyrant!

Every exile longs for their home. Two long years in the Grave Dimension have left Demorn's ruby heart cold, the holy blade of Xalos unable to spawn for her. Her girlfriend remains lost, the mad plan to resurrect her has failed.

Fleeing the doomed Grave Dimension, Demorn and Alex travel deep into heart of the Serpent Dungeon, straining against the cracks of splintering reality to escape the Grave, bargaining with demons to prevent obliteration and return to Babelzon.

But things have changed in the City of the Innocents. Demorn is a myth that only some believe in. Old friends have fallen or are trapped. Demorn can see the horrible bones of Ultimate Fate in the sky, and the Tyrant oversees all.

Poisoned by the cursed locket of a death god and surrounded by traitors, every bad and desperate deal Demorn has ever made will be called to account. She must save the Innocents from the clutches of the Tyrant. She must save her brother from gazing too deep in the ruins of Asanti. She must relight the fire of the Goddess.

She must face the Tyrant.

No Mercy!

message 2: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Sep 19, 2016 04:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Title: Demorn: City of Innocents
Author: David Finn
Formats available: mobi/epub/pdf
Start date: June 23rd
Copies: 25

To sign up, please leave your name on this thread, and then send me a message with your email address and preferred format (epub/mobi/PDF).

Please Note:
*This buddy read will be a read-to-review opportunity.
*The author will provide participants with a free ebook of the book, and in return you agree to:

-read the book
-join the buddy read
-write an honest review
-NOT SHARE THIS EBOOK - it is for your review purposes only.

Amazon links -
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Demorn-City-...
US - https://www.amazon.com/Demorn-City-In...

Participants:
1. Sarah - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
2. Skye
3. Andrea
4. Sharon - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
5. Melissa - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
6. Anne - On hold

message 3: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Add me please :) epub
(I am still currently reading the first one but hope to finish it soon! It may mean I start this one a little late, which I hope is okay, though I understand if it isn't)

Added ☺

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments You know what, I'm in. Epub again. Let me know if you need my email.

Added ☺

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Received my copy! Not sure when I'll be able to start, but definitely will be reading it by the end of july.

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Can I please join this one?

David Finn | 31 comments Andrea wrote: "Received my copy! Not sure when I'll be able to start, but definitely will be reading it by the end of july." awesome! :)

David Finn | 31 comments Sharon wrote: "Can I please join this one?"

Of course, Sharon! :) Would you like copies of both books in the Asanti Series, as Book One ends on a cliffhanger! :) Would you like a kindle mobi gift copy or epub/pdf?

Thanks.
David

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Hi David, can I have both books in epub format? My email is sharon_m_1993@hotmail.com. Thank you.

49% (view spoiler)

David Finn | 31 comments Sarah wrote: "49% [spoilers removed]"

She's a tricky one! :)

59% (view spoiler)

Melissa (missliss94) | 38 comments would i be able to join this one thankyou

I'll send your email address to the author now ☺

message 17: by Lynne (new) - added it

Lynne Wilson | 6 comments Please, I'd love to read & review. I've also just started a blog to review YA books.

This book is the second in the series, did you want to read book 1 first?

David Finn | 31 comments Melissa wrote: "would i be able to join this one thank you"Ive just sent you a copy melissa! Thanks, David :)

David Finn | 31 comments Lynne wrote: "Please, I'd love to read & review. I've also just started a blog to review YA books. "
Hi Lynne, for sure! I can send you the first 2 books in the series no problems! Let me know your email and if you would like mobi/epub/pdf versions. Cheers, David :)

Melissa (missliss94) | 38 comments David wrote: "Melissa wrote: "would i be able to join this one thank you"Ive just sent you a copy melissa! Thanks, David :)"

got it thank you

message 22: by Sharon (last edited Jul 06, 2016 12:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Part 1: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Part 2: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Parts 3-4: (view spoiler)

David Finn | 31 comments Sharon wrote: "Parts 3-4: [spoilers removed]"Hi Sharon, Im really enjoying the commentary! You might appreciate that I am releasing an edition of City of Innocents in paperback soon which will have a breakdown and glossary to help, and there will also be one in Demorn 3 coming out later this year!

Demorn: Blade of Exile will be in paperback in a couple of weeks. I love all my readers and want to really enhance the experience!

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Ending Thoughts: (view spoiler)

Thanks Sharon ☺

message 28: by Anne (new)

Anne Monteith (eclecticbookworm) | 15 comments David and Sara
I would like to review both books in this series in mobi format if possible, If not, I can get the 1st from Amazon.

anne_monteith@yahoo.com

Thank you
Anne

Did you ever read and review The Kuthun (The Kuthun, #1) by S.A. Carter Anne? I have you down for it, but don't have a review.

David Finn | 31 comments Anne wrote: "David and Sara
I would like to review both books in this series in mobi format if possible, If not, I can get the 1st from Amazon.

anne_monteith@yahoo.com

Thank you
Anne"

Hi Anne! I will send you copies of both! Thanks! David

Sarah wrote: "Thanks Sharon ☺"

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments Hey guys! I have a copy. I'd like to discuss

Chapter 2, part one (view spoiler)

David Finn | 31 comments I'm glad you like them Maria! ☺️ When Demorn wakes up in chapter two, her mind has come back to her after the Interlude. She falls asleep, has her dream/memory interlude then wakes up as the elevator descends... Keep reading

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments David wrote: "I'm glad you like them Maria! ☺️ When Demorn wakes up in chapter two, her mind has come back to her after the Interlude. She falls asleep, has her dream/memory interlude then wakes up as the elevat..."

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up, David!

Chapter 2, part 2 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Andy (last edited Sep 13, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Maria- I still have this to read and I'm going to try to accomplish it this month but I can't promise it since I have three tests within the next two weeks :(

David Finn | 31 comments Maria wrote: "David wrote: "I'm glad you like them Maria! ☺️ When Demorn wakes up in chapter two, her mind has come back to her after the Interlude. She falls asleep, has her dream/memory interlude then wakes up..."

No problems! And I agree, she was very silly to be watching those movies but I guess she wasn't in her best frame of mind during that period!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments David wrote: "Maria wrote: "David wrote: "I'm glad you like them Maria! ☺️ When Demorn wakes up in chapter two, her mind has come back to her after the Interlude. She falls asleep, has her dream/memory interlude..."

Haha! Maybe :p

Andrea wrote: "Maria- I still have this to read and I'm going to try to accomplish it this month but I can't promise it since I have three tests within the next two weeks :("

Oh. That sucks. Tests are so annoying! Well, good luck with them, I hope you do get reading done afterwards ^_^

Thanks Melissa ☺

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.