Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please Change My Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Going through my books, one of the books is outdated with the WRONG author name AND book cover: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... | 1483980626 (ISBN13: 9781483980621)

I don't want this as the first edition listed on my author page. I'd prefer it deleted. There are other editions available that can be chosen. There are 4 editions (included this incorrect one) available. Please choose from one of those.

Sincerely,
KM McKenzie

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18614 comments Fixed name to match what is on the book. GR does NOT delete out of print editions or covers.

message 3: by Arenda (last edited Jun 17, 2016 09:43AM) (new)

Arenda | 20237 comments GR policy for books that are published under different author names, is that all editions should have the author name under which is was first published as primary author.

Normally, GR authors can set the default edition, As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile.
How to set the default edition.

When that isn't working for you, you can contact Goodreads Support and ask if they set one of the newer editions as default.

message 4: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments The author’s initials require periods, according to GR rules.
Refer: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/265-adding-or-editing-author-names-on-a-book-record.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay thanks.

PS. I can't delete the "second author" though it says I can.

message 6: by R.G. (new)

R.G. Phelps | 3 comments Two of my books have a generic cover rather than the true cover for my books. Can you assist me in adding the cover to my Books: Anti-Nazi Task Force Adventures and Piano Meadows. I would like to see the true cover in the listing of my books

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42494 comments Mod
K.M. wrote: "I can't delete the "second author" though it says I can."

All editions of a book must have the original author name as primary author.

message 8: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments #6: Covers added from Amazon.