Christian Readers discussion

G.K. Chesterton
This topic is about G.K. Chesterton
Book Discussions > Any Chesterton fans out there?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David (crzydjm) | 3 comments Any other fans out there? Just made it through Everlasting Man a second time and it was even more effective. Easily one of my all-time favorite authors.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (etomko) | 48 comments Funny, I was just reading through A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken and CS Lewis references Chesterton, citingThe Everlasting Man as one of the best Lewis had read on apologetics. I just added it to my list.

message 3: by David (new)

David (crzydjm) | 3 comments I've enjoyed all the Chesterton I've read, but Everlasting Man is his best and deepest work by far.

message 4: by Brit (new)

Brit I have read Orthodoxy a while ago and remembered liking the book. Ravi Zacharias is frequently quoting Chesterton and I would like to read more of him for that reason. Has any of his books been a group read?

message 5: by David (new)

David (crzydjm) | 3 comments I am brand new to the group so I'm not entirely familiar with the group reads, but I would highly recommend reading him.

His intellect and humor shows in every sentence he writes. Reading him is incredibly enjoyable and beneficial.