Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Readers > New beta reader available

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 4 comments Hi,

I am new to beta reading but would love to help out any established or aspiring authors.

I have a degree in English and have been an avid reader all my life. I am also a qualified primary school teacher but have worked for the most part in IT; in quality assurance as well as project management.

I would be happy to read the following genres:

Contemporary Fiction
Young Adult Fiction
Fantasy
Science Fiction
Historical Fiction
Romance

I'm not great with gore, so no horror please.

No work sent to me would be distributed or discussed with anyone else. I would be happy to sign an NDA

Please send me a message with a brief outline of your work and the word count if you are interested.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dear Jo--

I am looking for beta readers for my feminist epic fantasy series. Each book is about 80K words long, but if you weren't hooked after the first one, of course you could back out of the succeeding volumes.

I've tried sending the ms. to friends but they never get back to me so finding someone who is eager to dive in is very important. If you are interested, please e-mail me at sakozloff@gmail.com.

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 3 comments Hello Jo,

Would you be willing to look at a memoir? Here is a link to its page on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo | 4 comments Hi Michelle,

I have offered to read for a few authors now so I doubt I would be able to get your memoir before the end of July. I could let you know when I am free if the timescale would still suit you.

Jo

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 3 comments Hi Jo,

That's fine, just send me a message when you're available again.

Thank you :)
Michele

message 6: by Thorn (new)

Thorn Osgood (goodreadscomthornosgood) Hi Jo,

I would love to have you beta read my speculative fiction (soft scifi; environmental) novel when you are available. If you could fit it in sometime during the July-August timeframe, that would be great.

Thanks for you willingness to assist authors.
Thorn

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo | 4 comments Hi Thorn,

What is the word count for your novel?

Jo

message 8: by Thorn (new)

Thorn Osgood (goodreadscomthornosgood) Hi Jo,

Rounding up, 92,000.

Thorn

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 12 comments do you need any more betas?

message 10: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Todd Hello Debbie/Jo,

I am currently looking for beta readers for my experimental contemporary YA+ short fiction collection called Consequences. It has mainly short stories, a few poems and one/two motivational speeches x stories.

If you are interested please feel free to send me a message on Goodreads if you want more details. Many thanks.

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 12 comments Sure, I'd like to.

message 12: by Jo (new)

Jo | 4 comments Hi Thorn,

I would be happy to read for you but it would probably be August, before I could fit your book in. Would you like me to get in touch when I am free?

Jo