Play Book Tag discussion

June, 2016: Fantasy > Harry Potter # 6 Rawlings, 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 699 comments Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Harry Potter and friends are older now, teens almost young adults. All the crew are a bit edgy, grappling with those teen emotions. Harry is caught up in his theory that Malfoy is a Death Eater and is distracted by this to the point that he isn't paying attention to school or quitich. Dombledore is spending time away and also spending time with Harry sharing memories. To me, this book is a transition book to the last in the series. And, less I forget, the title...Harry has found a book with hand written notes for the art of dark magic and he is using those notes. He seems to be "cheating". He doesn't seem to have any question as to whether this could be a set up. This made me feel that Harry is being rather stupid and allowing his "hate" rather than love guide him. I think this is one series I may actually finish but not sure when I will get to the last book. My TBR books has never been larger.

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments I loved the Harry Potter series especially reading it with my son. I know what you mean about that TBR pile.

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Harry's a pretty angsty teenager, lol.