Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Sydney Get Together - Saturday 13th August 2016 - PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 574 (574 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Jul 26, 2016 03:28AM) (new)

Brenda | 69299 comments Mod
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE

Finally we've decided on a date :) Thanks for the "push" Mish - we've pinched your date too, so it must be a good one ;)

For those interested in coming along to our next get together, please put your names down in this thread, and we will advise you with details of the venue once the numbers are confirmed.

Date - Saturday, 13th August
Time - 11.00am for coffee followed by lunch
Location - City
RSVP - 5th August

Also the Mystery Book Swap was successful at our last get together, so we thought it might be fun to do it again.

Mystery Book Swap

1. Bring along one book to the venue to give away – preferably a new book or a book in excellent condition.

2. Wrap the book in whatever paper you have at home.

3. Place a tag on the wrapping with the description of the genre.

4. Each participants name will be placed in a hat, and when your name is drawn, you can select a mystery book from the pile.

Join us for a great few hours chatting books (among other things!)

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Jul 31, 2016 07:58PM) (new)

Confirmed - now confirming for the 13th

✔Brenda
✔Marianne
✔Phrynne
✔Anna
✔Suzanne
✔Veronica
✔Carolyn
✔Connie
✔Margaret
✔MichelleG
✔Leonie

Maybe

Lists of books for swap!

Brenda
Carolyn
Connie
Marianne
Phrynne
MichelleG
MichelleG's updated list
Suzanne
Veronica

message 3: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

If you have some books you'd like to give away, list them here. Anyone who'd like them can say and that person's name will be put beside the book :)

Don't worry if you don't have any though...

message 4: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8141 comments Add me to confirmed, Brenda.
I hope Veronica comes as I have a pile of books for her!!!
And a few for you & others...

message 5: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great!

message 6: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11313 comments Mod
Confirm me Brenda.
Although 11.00 pm is awfully late for morning coffee:)

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha! Yes but I don't want to leave here at dawn to arrive! As it is the train gets in at a couple of minutes to 11 and I'm always late ;)

message 8: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11313 comments Mod
No seriously 11.00 pm
I think you mean a.m. :)

message 9: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Hahahaha!! Thanks Phrynne...must be my bedtime I think ;)

message 10: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2248 comments Yes, I'll be there. The girls netball will have to do without me for one week.

Brenda can I bring a literary themed gift that isn't a book. I bought something with the meet in mind. But if you don't want to stray from the book theme I don't mind.

message 11: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Of course :) As long as you can wrap it and mark it with "something" mysterious! And great you can come!

message 12: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2248 comments Ok. Thanks

message 13: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Fantastic Brenda!! 6th Aug is a special day....fun to be had by all :))

Jülie ☼♄  | 6272 comments Put me down as a definite maybe please Brenda and I hope to confirm closer to the date :)

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3147 comments I can come. Very excited! Are we still bringing excess books like we had done previously?

message 16: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Mish wrote: "Fantastic Brenda!! 6th Aug is a special day....fun to be had by all :))"

We certainly will Mish :) Two states at least ;)

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Suzanne wrote: "I can come. Very excited! Are we still bringing excess books like we had done previously?"

List any you'd like to give away Suzanne :) I'll be looking mine up and listing them in the next few days...

message 18: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

☼♄Jülie wrote: "Put me down as a definite maybe please Brenda and I hope to confirm closer to the date :)"

Thanks Jools, done!

message 19: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe | 5836 comments Sorry. I'm a definite no on that date.

message 20: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Oh that's a shame Dale :( Sorry you can't make it! One day we'll get down your way...

message 21: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8141 comments Suzanne, if you have any of my Cedar Cove books ready to return, I can bring a few more of the series....

As for listing other books, I'll have a look at what I'm bringing and how, and see if I can fit in any more besides those promised.

Sorry you can't make it, Dale!

message 22: by Carolyn (last edited Jun 24, 2016 07:52PM) (new)

Carolyn | 7944 comments I'm a maybe. We're planning a trip to Perth so see family in August or September and haven't locked in dates yet. Should know by early July.

message 23: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Ooh I hope you can come Carolyn :) Will wait to hear :)

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Robards (sharonrobards) | 944 comments I will try to come to this one will confirm later in July

message 25: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

That'll be awesome Sharon!

Jülie ☼♄  | 6272 comments Ooh it's growing Brenda! Where's Steve these days??

message 27: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe | 5836 comments Sorry too, Brenda and Marianne. But can't be helped. I know you will all have fun.

message 28: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

☼♄Jülie wrote: "Ooh it's growing Brenda! Where's Steve these days??"

Last I heard he was in Germany Jools!

Jülie ☼♄  | 6272 comments Brenda wrote: "☼♄Jülie wrote: "Ooh it's growing Brenda! Where's Steve these days??"

Last I heard he was in Germany Jools!"

Maybe he will be back in time for the next meet ;)

message 30: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Don't know - he hasn't updated his winter challenge since 10th June!

message 31: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3151 comments :-( It's our closing night for Sound of Music! I shall have to be a 'no.'

Maybe next time.

message 32: by Anna (new)

Anna | 477 comments i'm a maybe :)

message 33: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Leonie wrote: ":-( It's our closing night for Sound of Music! I shall have to be a 'no.'

Maybe next time."

Oh bad luck Leonie! Hopefully sometime in the near future...

message 34: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Anna wrote: "i'm a maybe :)"

Great Anna :)

message 35: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3151 comments Brenda wrote: "Leonie wrote: ":-( It's our closing night for Sound of Music! I shall have to be a 'no.'

Maybe next time."

Oh bad luck Leonie! Hopefully sometime in the near future..."

One day! I'm sure it'll be super fun!

message 36: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Oh it will be! We always have a ball :)

message 37: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3147 comments Marianne wrote: "Suzanne, if you have any of my Cedar Cove books ready to return, I can bring a few more of the series....

As for listing other books, I'll have a look at what I'm bringing and how, and see if I ca..."

Yes I'm actually finishing no 6. About time you got them back on your shelf! Only if you have room bring the next few :)

message 38: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2248 comments Hope my books aren't taking up all your baggage Marianne. You can always post them to me then fit some others in :)

message 39: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf) (melsbookshelf) | -59 comments Hi all!!
Thanks for letting me know about this thread Veronica! :-)

I will have to see if I can switch around some work shifts as I work every Friday night and getting to the city after work will be impossible as I won't be able to safely drive because I'll be a zombie.

I'll confirm this week, if I'm not working the Saturday night too I can catch the train in. I might just fall asleep in my lunch ;-)

message 40: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

That would be wonderful Melissa :) I'll add you to the maybes!

message 41: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Hi,

I just saw this also... My weekends tend to be a bit crazy, but this sounds fun. Could you please add me to the maybes?

message 42: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

That's great Michelle!! Love to meet you :)

message 43: by MichelleG (new)

MichelleG (michellegreiss) | 1186 comments Thanks Brenda :)

message 44: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8141 comments Suzanne wrote: "Marianne wrote: "Suzanne, if you have any of my Cedar Cove books ready to return, I can bring a few more of the series....

As for listing other books, I'll have a look at what I'm bringing and how...

Yes I'm actually finishing no 6. About time you got them back on your shelf! Only if you have room bring the next few :)"

Suzanne, did you want to pass any more on to your mum before returning them?

I will see how much I have to bring and fit in what I can.

message 45: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8141 comments Veronica wrote: "Hope my books aren't taking up all your baggage Marianne. You can always post them to me then fit some others in :)"

Should be OK, Veronica. I will PM you a list of what is coming, make sure they are all still wanted....

message 46: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8141 comments Leonie wrote: ":-( It's our closing night for Sound of Music! I shall have to be a 'no.'

Maybe next time."

One day, Leonie!

message 47: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8141 comments Looks like 4 people who haven't been before, so far, in the "maybes": it will be great to see a few new faces, as well as catching up with those who have attended previously.

message 48: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8141 comments Brenda wrote:
4. Each participants name will be placed in a hat, and when your name is drawn, you can select a mystery book from the pile.

I didn't see this "hat" last time, Brenda??? ;))

message 49: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Well you must have been sleeping Marianne ;) lol

message 50: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Marianne wrote: "Looks like 4 people who haven't been before, so far, in the "maybes": it will be great to see a few new faces, as well as catching up with those who have attended previously."

It sure will be great to catch up with new faces! Really looking forward to it :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12