Perustopia Book Club discussion

Longest reading slump?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 195 (195 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hermawan (ashleyhermawan) | 40 comments don't even deny it we've all had reading slumps at some point right? How long was your longest book slump and what brought you back into reading?
I had the world's longest book slump for like 8 or 9 months omfg. Every book seemed so unappealing at that point XD When the Shadowhunters show came up i reread all of TMI and TID within 4 days and thats how i got back to reading! How about you guys?

message 2: by nushu (new)

nushu mauroof (falsewishes) My longest reading slump was actually this year. It went on from April till just last week

message 3: by Sumaya (new)

Sumaya Abdi My was for 2 YEARS!!

message 4: by Sofi (new)

Sofi Mascaró (toffiladyreader) | 17 comments wow, mine was only four months and it looked like it lasted forever!! :((

message 5: by Safa (new)

Safa Shaqsy (safashaqsy) | 8 comments the longest reading slump was for two months I guess

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (mjett5578) I usually don't have reading slumps. I used to not read as much, but that was because tv took over my life.

message 7: by Nicolas (new)

Nicolas | 37 comments I'm currently in a reading slump. xD

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine was about a year and a half or so. But once I started reading again I really got into it more than ever.

message 9: by George (new)

George North | 8 comments 2 mounths

message 10: by Giulia (last edited Jun 17, 2016 02:28PM) (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments Maybe a week, but I would never last long. I'll look for something funny and quick to read, some ya novel with an inch of romance or illustrated book are always an option!

message 11: by May (new)

May | 50 comments Mine was maybe 2 months, but it was a while ago. When I finished Twilight I didn't know what to do anymore or what to read. But it was a long time ago.. XD

message 12: by May (new)

May | 50 comments Mine was maybe 2 months, but it was a while ago. When I finished Twilight I didn't know what to do anymore or what to read. But it was a long time ago.. XD

message 13: by Giulia (new)

Giulia China | 72 comments May wrote: "Mine was maybe 2 months, but it was a while ago. When I finished Twilight I didn't know what to do anymore or what to read. But it was a long time ago.. XD"

When you finish a series you loved it's hard to start again, you think you will never find something so perfect ... until you do and you are happy again!

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (basementghost18) Mine lasted for 5 months. You by Caroline Kepnes got me out of it.

message 15: by Martha (new)

Martha | 42 comments 2 weeks. Felt like forever!!! ACOTAR killed me, but Katie McGarry saved me :)

message 16: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Andreda | 34 comments The longest reading slump I have been in was 3 months

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna | 146 comments The longest reading slump I have ever had was about a year. It was the worst year of my life.

message 18: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 22 comments About 5 months for me. I actually just got over it.

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Marsh (abmarsh) About four months. I basically stopped reading my first semester of college, so I'm glad I got over it.

message 20: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 7 comments A year and a half-ish(?) for me. I got so hooked on The Raven Boys and Dream Thieves that I couldn't bring myself to read other books. Lady Midnight got me over it <3

message 21: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dancenanny) | 46 comments Worst 6 months of my life

message 22: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Walker (NekosBooks) (neko-firedemontempest) My longest reading slump lasted 4 years; I got over it last July and I'm happy to say that I haven't had a problem since.

message 23: by Paola (new)

Paola Juarez (paola_juarez) | 74 comments 6 months that is why I have only read like 4 books this year and I am so far behind. I am happy to say that I am over that book slump and I'm currently reading.

message 24: by Alister (new)

Alister  (clericalister) | 3 comments My longest so far has been around a month sort of. I fell into a slump in the middle of May and I'm just starting to get out of it now. I hate being in this reading slump :(

message 25: by Flora (new)

Flora (florareads) Maybe a couple of weeks? I was quite busy then so I had a distraction from reading

message 26: by Adkon (new)

Adkon | 17 comments 2-4 weeks approx.

message 27: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (capitolbooks) | 1 comments Mine was 4 months from November last year to the beginning of March this year..

message 28: by Holly (new)

Holly no more than 3 weeks!!

message 29: by Anni (new)

Anni (coolpolarbear123) | 20 comments 3 months, I think

message 30: by ellie (new)

ellie (hugvvarts) | 83 comments 13 months!! It was Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard that got me through it. So good.

message 31: by Haley (new)

Haley | 6 comments About 6-7 months, just got through it a few months ago by re-reading one of my favorites, Twilight!! :)

message 32: by Karls (new)

Karls Carmona | 9 comments 7 months. It was the worst time ever ;-;

message 33: by Sumaya (new)

Sumaya Abdi .....2 years

message 34: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments Probably 2-3 years. It was when I was in between middle grade and YA books. When I hit high school, it ended.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

2 months

message 36: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (the_book_prophet) | 245 comments Errr..... this is hard. I think around 2-3 months was my longest.

message 37: by McKayla (new)

McKayla  Morris | 34 comments Mine was basically all last semester at school

message 38: by Nouf (new)

Nouf (noufbratz) 3 weeks

message 39: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin 3-4 weeks

message 40: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Vecchio | 41 comments A day......I read every day or else I can't function correctly

message 41: by Ayih (new)

Ayih (ayihelbaneh) | 55 comments ..... 1 month max.....its because of highschool, with exams coming up you dont have much time to do things like hobbies, well if you're like me :P...but what got me back was my friends, new books that come out that spark my interest, and really just my love for reading can never truly end... <3

message 42: by Mika (new)

Mika Busch | 7 comments Um... since last September. I don't like to read when I'm writing.

message 43: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyxxaan) Four to five months.

message 44: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments Sadly, my longest reading slump was three years because high school started ;-;

message 45: by Summer (new)

Summer Carlisle | 42 comments Mine was 6 months, it was hard to enjoy reading while being forced to read things you didn't like and have to keep up with other school work

message 46: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 5 comments 6-7 years....

message 47: by Logan (new)

Logan Mine lasted about 4 months.

message 48: by Elena-Loredana (new)

Elena-Loredana | 191 comments Almost 2 years

imashamedofmyoldreviews (pleasedontjudgeme_ichanged) Approximately a year. Good thing I was still in first grade or something, where not many new books published

message 50: by Marjanlaros (new)

Marjanlaros | 9 comments Mine is going on for a month now and unfortunately still going strong:(

« previous 1 3 4