Camp Sunshine discussion

Outdoor Locations > The Rock

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) ((A secluded place in the woods named after, you guessed it, a giant rock that resides there. A few trouble makers come here to smoke or hook up, but beware, the camp authorities know good and well about this place.))

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) So this was the ever famous Rock. Nix stood at the base of the cold, dirty looking grey slab. It wasn't an ideal place, but at least it provided a quite spot to think. She brushed some dirt from its surface and sat down, trying not to think of all the unspeakable things that had happened in this very spot.
  She tucked a strand of her bright violet hair behind her ear and pulled a pink and white box of her signature vanilla cigarettes from her faux leather jacket. She removed one of the pink cylindrical objects from its matching package, avoiding the single white and yellow one that resided there as well. She produced a lighter that had clearly seen better days, it's design almost completely worn off. All that remained on it was the faint imprint of the Nirvana symbol. She placed the baby pink cigarette between her lips and flicked the lighter to life, shielding the single bright flame with her free hand as she brought it to meet its target.
  A sweet smelling, yet bitter smoke began drifting into the air and into her lungs and she let the lighter's flame flicker to its death. She replaced the lighter and the pink and white box to its rightful place in her pocket before taking the lit cigarette from between her lips and releasing a puff of smoke into the air with a single exhale. She looked out into the wilderness before her, into the thick flora that covered the area. It occured to her that under any other circumstanc she may of found this place to be beautiful. 

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint sat upon a pine branch, watching the girl below. The scent of the cigarette tempted her, and she soon slid down the tree and over to Nix. She tapped her shoulder and muttered "Can I bum one?" She brushed a strand of dirty hair over her blind milky eye.

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Nix was slightly started by the girls sudden manifestation, she had thought she was alone. She glanced over the girl, concidering. Finally she breathed a sigh, "I guess I can spare one just this once." Usually she wouldn't be as generous, but today had been shaping up to be an off day for her. Besides, she had three more unopened packs hidden. She pulled the lighter and a single cigarette from her pocket and held it out in offering to the girl. She took care not to let herself stare, but it was sort of hard. The girl's blind eye honestly creeped her out a bit.

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint grabbed the cigarette greedily and lit the cigarette. She inhaled the bittersweet smoke greedily and sighed, before slumping down on a rock. She was dressed in a loose black tank top with a white sugar skull design, silver earrings and a few seconds of eyeliner. Her feet were covered with cheap Nikes worn at the toe, and her hair in a messy bun. Her bare arms were lined with track marks and open soars. She wasn't a pretty sight, even in a more made-up state than usual.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Nix breathed a sigh and brought her own cigarette back to her glossy pink lips. She directed her attention back to the forest, taking in its multitude of green and brown shades. She had come here to get away from the craziness and think, and that's what she was going to do. Even if the presence of this mystery girl did sort of unnerve her. She gave no outward sign of this however, well, nothing past idly fidgeting with the silver ring she wore. It was the one thing that didn't quite match about her. It's elegant shine contrasted harshly with her leather jacket, ripped black skinny jeans, faded band tee, and scuffed Dr. Martens. It just looked like it didnt belong, probably about how like they didnt look like they belonged out here in the woods. Some things just dont visually make clear sense. She exhaled, releasing another shroud of white smoke and watched it dance in the air until it dissappeared into nothing. 

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments "So, what'ca in for?" She finally grunted after taking a long drag. The girl she was with was pretty good-looking, but she seemed like someone to leave along. Mint wondered how she got her hands on cigarettes, and eventually crumpled up the cigarette and threw it to the ground

message 8: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments ((boop))

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) ((Sorry, WiFi decided to randomly go out when I was about to reply earlier.))

Nix stayed silent a moment, trying to think of how to answer that. "....Let's just say I got into a bit of trouble with the law." She answered at last, making it very vague. "...It was either this or jail time."

message 10: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint nodded "Yeah. I've gotten jail time in the past." She looked down "Let's just say it involved a drive by and two York peppermint patties."

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) "Ah." Nix took another puff from her still lit cigarette. No way was she wasting her's, these things, especially the vanilla kind, were almost impossible to come by here. "Yeah that sounds like something that would buy you a good chunk of jail time.....so, if that's just a bullet point on your list what landed you here?" She asked, completely for the sake of staying somewhat civil.

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint bit her lip. "A series of events increasing in grimness."

message 13: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) "Fair enough." Nix wasn't going to push her for details. She wouldn't like anyone doing so to her. Besides, she had enough of her own 'grim events' to dwell on without adding this random girl's to the long list.

message 14: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint tapped her foot. "Well.. Never mind."

message 15: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Nix glanced back out at the forest. She took another puff from her cigarette and released the smoke into the air with a sigh. She couldn't wait to get out of here. Being surrounded by these people, by people like this girl, was really starting to bum her out. Everyone seemed to have a depressing past to go along with their equally depressing problem. Sitting through those stupid group meetings did about the opposite of helping her, really they threatened to drag her back to a past she didn't want to remember. Only two more months, then she could go back to coping in her own way- in a way that was actually effective unlike the shit methods they attempted to use here.

message 16: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint looked over at her "You OK?" She smiled, with a surprisingly kind face

message 17: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Nix glanced back over at the girl, sort of shocked to see the relatively friendly look the girl was sporting. "Obviously I'm not, none of us here are." She answered with the obvious. She threw the remainder of her cigarette to the ground and snuffed it out with the toe of her boot. "....this place is so damn depressing. It's starting to mess with my head." She ended up admitting, not knowing what had come over her to do so.

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint nodded "I dunno. It's sorta a everyday thing where I'm from."

message 19: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Nix sighed "well, remind me never to visit wherever it is you're from then." She leaned back against the rock some more, "I'd rather avoid my problems, they're a lot less of a pain in the ass that way."

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 25 comments Mint kicked a pebble. "Avoiding problems got me here." She muttered

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) "Well, that method isn't for everyone I guess." Nix stated aloud, idly twirling a strand of her violet hair around her index finger as she looked up at the puffy white clouds. She always had problems sitting completely still, well, unless she was smoking.