Indie Author Collaboration discussion

Must Read -- New Members > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 62 comments Mod
If you're new here, please introduce yourself on this thread so we can get to know about you. While you're here, feel free to scroll through other posts and get to know other members too.

message 2: by Marjuque (last edited Jun 17, 2016 07:44PM) (new)

Marjuque | 2 comments hi i'm Marjuque ul haque.....aspiring writer and shameless self proclaimed literary genius who dreams of taking the literary world by storm. (hey i'm allowed to dream right?)

message 3: by John (new)

Hi Marjuque -- great to see you here, and welcome as our first member! I'm still setting this up, but if you wander around the folders you'll see I've got almost everything ready for newcomers. Why not go ahead and warm things up for guests to come? Fingers crossed, this place will be buzzing with creative author/writer minds soon!

message 4: by Cameron (new)

Cameron James (cameron_d_james) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Cameron, an author of smutty books. ;) I'm always looking to network with other authors.

message 5: by John (new)

Great, welcome Cameron! Wow, I didn't think anyone would come here until I got it set up and sent out invitations. So happy to get some company here over the next few days as I finalize things for the launch! Please do invite friends here.

message 6: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (last edited Jun 18, 2016 02:43PM) (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Hallo all, I'm Tabi Card, self-published author AND to-be-published through Inkshares. I write as voraciously as I read, and it has always been my dream to share my stories with the world. I'm currently pursuing a Bachelors in English & Screenwriting to further help my dreams become a reality. I also dabble in Photoshopping book covers and developmental editing, and I enjoy honing these talents by helping others =) Oh, and I'm a major fangirl at times.

Looking forward to hanging out/working/chatting with all you lovely people!

message 7: by John (new)

Welcome, Tabi! To all who join here, please spread word to all your Indie Author friends. Let's muster far and wide!
:=)

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason (atomicboywonder) | 3 comments Hello, everyone! I'm Jason Chestnut, writer/musician/geek/abuser of the forward slash. I'm currently attempting to crowdfund my first novel through Inkshares (a retro space opera), in the early stages of working on my next novel (a young adult fantasy adventure), have written and published several short stories online and used to write for a technology/gaming website.

message 9: by John (new)

Welcome here Jason!

message 10: by Joe (last edited Jun 20, 2016 08:33AM) (new)

Joe (jterzieva) | 1 comments Mod
Hello everyone. I'm Joseph Terzieva. Inkshares is publishing my first book. I'm a dad, writer, programmer, and co-host of Drinkshares: Last Call an Inkshares an author-centric YouTube live-stream. My objective as a writer is to focus on real-life stories within Fantasy and Science Fiction contexts and I hope to use this group to share my knowledge, network, and learn.

https://www.inkshares.com/books/lost-...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRXS...

message 11: by John (new)

Great to have you join us Joe!

message 12: by Landon (new)

Landon Trine (landontrine) | 3 comments Hi, I'm Landon Trine, a dad, writer, geek, and programmer. I'm currently funding a book on Inkshares, (science fiction). My objective as a writer is to connect with others and improve my writing. I'm looking to network/chat/help with other creative types.

Hello!

You can find my links at Landontrine.com

message 13: by John (new)

Great to have you join us here Landon!

message 14: by Jeyna (new)

Jeyna Grace (jeynagrace) | 1 comments Hello, I'm Jeyna.

I'm an indie author from Malaysia and a fellow Inksharian. This year, I hope to publish my first manga! Woot, woot! Well... we'll see.

*Thanks for the invite to this group Tabi :)

message 15: by C. (new)

C. (cbrennecke) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Christine/C. Brennecke, and I'm yet another Inkshares author. ;)
I'm also an artist and a co-host of the video podcast Joe mentioned above. I mainly write fantasy, dark fantasy, and dark fairy tales. My debut novel is coming out next year and I'm equal parts nervous and excited about that.
If anyone wants to geek out with me about stuff, I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones, Art Nouveau, Tarot, BPAL, and dice-based RPGs.

message 16: by John (new)

Christine and Jeyna -- this group is feeling that much more complete now that you both are here as well ;)

message 17: by Adam (new)

Adam Rhodes | 1 comments Howdy Howdy! Everyone calls me Adamar. I am always trying to live in the present and I love to write about it. I write reviews and blog articles mostly but am working on my first sci-fi novel at the moment. Looking forward to mingling minds with everyone I can.

message 18: by John (new)

Great to see you here Adamar! To anyone who's new, make sure to go to the promote your work folder and add a media kit so that we can build that thread up and foster a spirit of co-promotion.

message 19: by Andre (new)

Andre Brun (ABrun) | 2 comments Hi guys , I am André . Glad to be there you .

message 20: by E (new)

E (em166) | 1 comments Hello, I'm Kate, also known as K.E. Madsen. I'm a 29 year old writer and will be crowdfunding my novel Silver Eyes on Inkshares this fall.

message 21: by John (new)

Welcome @Andre, @Jennifer and @Kate! Great to see authors continuing to join. Please do help spread word to your writer friends on Twitter, Facebook, and email -- link them in and tell them to join forces where we, as authors, will all come together to help each other reach more readers, and support each other in the process ;=)

message 22: by Nell (new)

Nell Walton Hi Gang! Nell Walton here - working on my second book, drafting on Inkshares right now (Dragon Siege) - I published one book several years ago. Looking to start funding in the late fall (maybe). Still haven't quite decided how to go about it.

message 23: by Claire (last edited Jul 05, 2016 09:09AM) (new)

Claire Patel-Campbell | 4 comments Hello all! My name is Claire Patel-Campbell and I'm working towards getting my very first novel, Abernathy, out through Unbound. All tips on crowdfunded publishing gratefully received!

message 24: by Nell (new)

Nell Walton Hi Claire!

message 25: by Tony (new)

Tony Valdez | 1 comments Hi everyone. Tony Valdez here, another of the Inksharian bunch. My debut sci-fi comedy novel Dax Harrison is set to be published soon!

https://www.inkshares.com/books/dax-h...

message 26: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Namednil | 8 comments Hellos! I'm Kendra, and I'm just tickled by how supportive everyone here is! I started writing for fun about three years ago after I finally just decided it was worth the pain (computer screens give me massive headaches and I get dizzy if I look at them for more than a few minutes) to start typing. So I brought my computer on the bus one day to type while riding to work (90 min commute) and started writing some of the darkest, most twisted prose I'd ever seen. About a year later, the stories started to get good and I began to put levity in place of pulp and there you are!

I love stories -- all stories -- and love helping people feel strong and capable! Props to everyone here; y'all are worth my respect!

message 27: by John (new)

Welcome Claire! Kendra and Tony -- great to see you join us too! Go and check out the folders here and feel free to start discussions / jump in on discussions, and be sure to add your book to the bookshelf for this group as well as add to the "Promote your work" folder.

message 28: by Rob (new)

Rob F F. | 3 comments Hey Everyone,

I'm Rob. I work at an inner city rescue mission by day and, when I am not busy being a husband and dad, I write dark fantasy/horror.

I've also written several essays and, for some strange reason, enjoy studying dead ANE languages. The ancients fascinate me and usually they appear in my writing in one way or another.

message 29: by Nell (new)

Nell Walton welcome

message 30: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Moffatt | 1 comments Hi I'm Virginia Moffatt. I am an Oxford based author, and have published one collection of flash fiction - Rapture and What Comes After with Gumbo Press. I am crowdfunding my novel Echo Hall with Unbound.

message 31: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Namednil | 8 comments Wonderful to meet you Virginia!

message 32: by Jim (last edited Jul 13, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Jim Neville | 14 comments Hello everyone, my name is Jim. (Proper introduction complete despite the fact my name shows up right next to message ##:) I am a lover of science-fiction, fantasy, and romance. I read and watch movies to escape the atrocities of life, so my writing tends to be on the positive side. Love will probably always be the foundation of anything I write.

I hope someday to have a book printed, but this is highly unlikely. It's not that I don't have the skill, it's just I would never trust anyone who approached me with an offer. I'm also too lazy and cheap to do it myself.

So, I find myself in the rapidly growing Indie world. I love the writing, but the marketing and publishing sucks (excuse my English). I now understand why publishers exist.

I'm happy to be here with all of you (misery loves company).

message 33: by John (new)

Welcome Jim! Be sure to check out the folders here and see if there's anywhere you want to jump in on discussions (or start them).

Virginia -- great to see another Unbound author here :)

Rob, glad to see you here too! Please folks, keep spreading word about this group and let's put this group to it's fullest use.

message 34: by Regina (new)

Regina Puckett | 2 comments Hey everyone. I'm Regina - at this point I feel like I should say I'm a recovering alcoholic or something - but I'm just a writer with a cookie addiction. Sorry. I wish I had something a little more entertaining than that to say about myself. Maybe I'll take up drinking just to spice things up a little more.

message 35: by John (last edited Jul 15, 2016 05:13PM) (new)

Welcome Regina! I share your cookie addiction :)

message 36: by Regina (new)

Regina Puckett | 2 comments John wrote: "Welcome Regina! I share your cookie addiction :)"
Thank goodness:) It's not easy being the only cookie addict in the room. Thank you for the invitation to join your group.

Regina

message 37: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Henriquez | 1 comments Hello, all. I'm Ricardo, author, runner, whovian and scary and creepy things enthusiast. I'm originally from Chile but, for the past 15 years, I been living in lovely Connecticut. I have a husband, a dog and an external drive full of ideas that one day will become novels. Thanks for inviting me to the group.

message 38: by John (new)

Great to have you here, Ricardo!

message 39: by Robert (new)

Robert Batten (robertbatten) | 2 comments Hi All,
I'm Robert and am currently working on my first novel (it's a draft on Inkshares and I hope to launch a campaign for it later this year). I love both types of fiction — fantasy and sci-fi — and tend to devour a lot of urban fantasy and alternate reality books at the moment.

message 40: by Sharmishtha (new)

Sharmishtha Basu (sharmishthabasu) | 3 comments Hi!

I am sharmishtha, I am a self published author in amazon, and am currently the creator editor of two English-based ezines Agnijaat and Agnishatdal.

I am a bookworm, who spends hours reading, mostly blogs these days!

message 41: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha Stirling | 1 comments Hello, My book, Blood On The Banana Leaf, is currently crowdfunding on Unbound, the publisher responsible for The Good Immigrant that's currently surging its way into Bestseller charts everywhere. My book explores the issue of maid abuse in Singapore and how women survive in the most brutal of circumstances. It is 41 percent funded which is wonderful but if you do feel inspired to pledge there are some GREAT rewards! You can follow me on Twitter @volequeen. I love to engage with readers! Thank you, Tabby x https://unbound.com/books/blood-on-th...

message 42: by M.P. (new)

M.P. Peacock | 1 comments Hello, we've just indie-published our first novel, Murder on the Strike of Five: Russia 1917. Great to find a group to support us indies!

message 43: by Elena (new)

Elena Kaufman (elenakaufman) | 1 comments Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian writer living in Germany and have just published my first short story collection with Unbound. It's up here and on Amazon. It's been quite the journey...
Love Bites: Short story collection
Looking forward to meeting you all here.
cheers, Elena

message 44: by Caeli (new)

Caeli (ginger227) | 1 comments Hi, everybody! I'm looking to take the indie author plunge early next year, and want to help and in turn be helped by other indie authors. Whether you want to collaborate on a singular project or bundle up anthologies, I think we'd all be satisfied to make the work load lighter and the payouts greater for everybody involved.