Potterheads Unite! discussion

Discussion > Announcements

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Eve (arweneve) | 4592 comments Mod
All important announcements, new rules and upcoming events shall be posted here by moderators only.

message 2: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Alright.
So, you might have noticed that a new folder has been added titled Animagi and Metamorphmagi. This is a folder containing all the information needed to create either a animagus or metamorphmagus. You must read all the topic threads in that are in that folder before attempting to create a metamorphmagus or animagus.

message 3: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

Lyra Dargwin | 1806 comments Mod
I'm only posting here because Grace gave me permission! ^_^
This announcement is for Grace, Eve, Mareike aka Sherlock and Fangirl. Anyone else who reads this and wants to be clarified on what's going on and wants to join in, send me a message and I'll inform you.

Hey you all!

IT IS TIME. Time for the “NEW THING” to be revealed!
The reason I hadn’t talked to you all about my evil plans for our characters in this next part of the story is because I hadn’t really gathered all my thoughts together. I had one idea and then I had a contradictive one and then I had to choose one, etc etc.
So here’s what I’ve thought about. If you disagree with any of the following please give me your ideas and feedback because more than one mind always make masterpieces ^_^

As we all know the story primarily surrounds Ruby Thornwall (mine), Nicolas Morth (mine), Dimitri Hayden (Grace’s) and now Reese Samson (Grace’s), Ethan Huxley (Mareike’s aka Sherlock), Skylar Harlow (Fangirl). Eve, do you want to join in more actively using one of your current ones or by creating a new character? Bryssa is a friend of Ruby but still on the outskirts of the main story! We can talk about creating one that is either a key figure or a villain or something! ^_^

The story goes:

During the last decade, more and more American Wizard families have immigrated to the UK. It was no surprise since families from all over the world come to Britain, or students want to study in Hogwarts, so the Ministry pays no mind to this and freely grants access for them to complete paper forms and become citizens of the Wizardry Community.

As the some years passed, criminal activity of a particular group started going up, murders, thievery, bypassing of security systems at the Ministry and many more, a group whose symbol is the infinity symbol with a straight line in the middle. Just a few of the records that the Aurors have on them, they are all from the US and have recently moved to England. The name of that organization is called the “Unseen Corps” and their members are called the Unseen.

Two years ago, when Ruby was with Nicolas working in Knockturn Alley, she found a key connection of a family that was said to know her father pretty well and she set out to find them personally and demand his location. That particular American Family belonged to this new organization whose true purpose remains unknown.

Once she arrived and asked questions about her father she was tortured and left to die, obviously not receiving answers for her father’s disappearance. Nicolas came to her rescue and next thing Ruby knew, she was lying on her bed back at Knockturn Alley and Nicolas refused to talk about what had happened or how he rescued her.

When Nicolas arrived at the mansion of the Family, let’s call them Andersons, the only thing that left him standing and let him enter without a scratch was simply his family name, Morth. Nicolas saw Ruby and got upset, since he has this weird obsession with her and demanded that she is released at once. The Andersons knew that the Morths held immense power in the underworld of London; they had been trying to get them on their side for a while now but the Morths were so powerful they would simply ignore the Unseen’s invitations. Because of this, they heard out Nicolas’ demand and agreed to make a deal. Ruby is to be given back to him if he agrees to convince his family to
join the Unseen Corps.

When Nicolas asked what the organization’s goal was besides the killing and the thievery he received no answer. Nicolas always excelled in making deals and turning them to his favor so he agreed, thinking he could outsmart the Andersons and the Unseen without having to contact his family, something he dreaded to do.

Now we come back to today, after Ruby, with the help of Dimitri and Nicolas got cured from her father’s poison and all has been well for the last couple of weeks. Nicolas then receives a letter from the Unseen Corps and panics since the letter says his time is limited and he needs to keep his part of deal or else only death awaits.

What panics Nicolas however is not the threat from the Unseen, but how the letter arrived in Hogwarts, with all that kind of security that existed regarding the letters. That means that the Unseen Corps had someone within the castle, whether that someone is a student or a teacher that remains unknown to Nic. And the most dreadful thing to him is that he might have to actually communicate with his family and ask for their help something that was equally terrifying with dealing with the Unseen alone.

Now because we are the awesome players, we know that the one who sent the letter is no other than Julian Fortis (mine), a humble and creepy Hufflepuff, who besides his socializing efforts scares away people that talk to him. Now how Julian got involved with the Unseen or the Unseen Corps’ true purpose, I’LL HIDE THAT FROM YOU BECAUSE I’M EVIL AND SADISTIC ^____^

Soooo, this is what I have in mind. Of course I need help from all of you to turn this into a great RP :D
Tell me what you think!

Best wishes,
Lyra

message 4: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Holy. Crap.

LYRA OH MY LANTA I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! I'm going to PM you with some ideas for either a new charrie or I'll use and old one. Lyra, you are brilliant. Shall I add evil and sadistic to your Hall of Fame entry?

message 5: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

Hahahaha, sure, it suits me :D I'm so happy you liked it!! Can't wait to talk about how you'll join in this, I NEED YOU IN THE STORY! ^______^

message 6: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

I honestly haven't a clue at the moment, I'll think up something and PM you later. Sound good?

message 7: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

Yes of course! Whenever you have the time and inspiration :)

message 8: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Fantastic. I'll be thinking!

message 9: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

I'll be thinking too and I'll PM you if I have something good!

message 10: by ~Fangirl~, Keeper of Keys and Grounds (new)

~Fangirl~ (fangirl1231) | 491 comments Mod
Lyra wrote: "I'm only posting here because Grace gave me permission! ^_^
This announcement is for Grace, Eve, Mareike aka Sherlock and Fangirl. Anyone else who reads this and wants to be clarified on what's goi..."

I love it! It's such an interesting twist!

message 11: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

I'm glad you like it! :) Now I want to see Grace's and Mareike's response and we can RPing :D

message 12: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

Aww, Grace, thank you so much! Your words are too kind though ^_^ I'm super excited as well!

message 13: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (last edited Jul 02, 2016 07:01PM) (new)

Hello all! This isn't anything big but...
I've just added Lyra to the Staff thread! Go check it out.

message 14: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

And, I've just finished adding all the characters that were created while I was away to the Student Roster thread. :)

message 15: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Happy 4th of July to all ya little Americans!
Love you!

message 16: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Ooooooookay, so I may have just accidentally deleted the whole student roster, so yep. :I

I'll be trying to get everyone's charries up in no time, so sorry!!!

message 17: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

Hahahaha, oh Eve! Need any help?? <3

message 18: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

It's okay, I'm almost finished. :|

message 19: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

What would we do without you! :3

message 20: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Another big ooooookay.
So I finished typing up the Student Roster (yay!) but now I'm having issues putting it up. I'm going to try again now, but just so you all know, I have it saved on my computer just not on the actual thread. I hope to have it up there soon!

message 21: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Fabulous.
The Student Roster is up and running again, sorry for that bit of confusion, turns out it actually posted but GR was being dumb and told me it wasn't.

message 22: by ma.reike (new)

ma.reike This comes a bit late but anyway - Lyra the story is just great! I love it and I'm soo curious and excited to get involved in it :o

message 23: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (last edited Jul 27, 2016 02:52PM) (new)

Our lovely moderator Grace recently set up the Character Lists thread, which you can find here. :D

This new thread has you list your characters' names and age, organized into houses, and keeps you organized because you can post where that particular charrie is at the moment. I encourage all of you to head there to post your characters there now!

message 24: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

UGH, I just sent out the newsletter and TOTALLY forgot something.

The Student Roster is completely updated with all of your lovely characters :D
If I missed any, please let me know through PM. Thanks a bunch!!

message 25: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Okay, I'm super disorganized (apologies), so please PM/DM (whichever you prefer) me the names of any characters that you've recently made or that I've missed and I can add them on ASAP!

message 26: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

I am officially NOT BUSY!
Haha, I'm sorry I've been so off and on lately, but at least for the next couple weeks I'm freeeeeeee! Midterms are OVER.

Great. Looking forward to RPing again!

message 27: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Hehe, I just sent out this weekends newsletter, but I forgot one thing-

Our SECOND BOTM is over tonight at midnight I believe. So either get a bit of a head-start on Prisoner of Azkaban, or get ready to start it tomorrow! Hope you all are enjoying this trip down memory lane, or Diagon Alley... (see what I did there? I'm so clever) Anyway... Harry Potter book three! Go!

message 28: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Check out the temporary Halloween topic thread I just set up, its pretty rad. You can find it here.

message 29: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

Dear Members,

The Portkey Competition has started but i understand that not everybody can post within 3 days so I'm keeping the Stage One Topic open until Sunday, 6th of November!

I'll make sure the dates of rest of the Stages will include a weekend when everybody feels freer to write.

Good Luck! Can't wait to read your Stories.

message 30: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Dear Potterheads,

Just letting you know the Student Roster is updated thus far.
Happy Wednesday!

message 31: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

To my fellow Americans-

Happy Thanksgiving (tomorrow)!!
You all brighten my life every day, and I'm so grateful for you and the time and effort you put into this group. Especially to my fellow mods, I love and appreciate everything you do!
I love you all so much, have an amazing day and remember you are fantastic, and believe in yourself.
Happy turkey day, eat a lot of jello for me.
- Eve

message 32: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Good morning Potterheads!!
Okay- so we're in a total rut. We need to get back into the swing of things!!
I totally get that we've all been really busy, but I'm free now, and I'd love to start up some new RPs.
Please begin by welcoming our newest members! We are so happy to have you and hope you enjoy your stay here.
Also, mosey on over to the Role Play Request thread, and begin RPing!! I hate seeing us so inactive.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic holiday season.
- Eve

message 33: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the Student Roster is updated!!

message 34: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

A quick little reminder-
Potterheads, in no case whatsoever is it okay to use profane or crude language on this group. There is no circumstance where that is allowed, none at all.
I understand we all get frustrated, but lets release it in another way that doesn't disrupt the peaceful community we have here.
Have a great week!
- Eve

message 35: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Hello Potterheads!
Just letting you know that the Student Roster is updated :)
Have a good weekend!
- Eve

message 36: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (last edited Feb 27, 2017 03:26AM) (new)

Hey Potterheads! Yeah, I'm back, please don't shoot me for being so late.

Just here to remind everyone that the Portkey Competition is open. It will not close unless we have 15 submissions. Show us that your talent in creating characters and your inspiration for a story worthy of the HP World can raise you to be the Number One in this Group.

That's all I wanted to say. Put your guns down please.
- Lyra

message 37: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

OH MY GOODNESS ME

message 38: by Lyra, Caretaker of Hogwarts (new)

OH MY UNIVERSE, I LOVE THIS GROUP.

message 39: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Hello friends- just letting you know I'll be out of service for the next 24 hours. Love you all have a splendid week!

message 40: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

I just noticed I put the waaaay wrong date on the Newsletter this week. Sorry, I'm scatterbrained today!

message 41: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Refer to my message broadcasted to the whole group, but bottom line is I accidentally deleted our staff list. I feel terrible, but I'm trying my best to remember what I can and I'm rewriting profiles for the rest.

message 42: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Good news! I found several of the staff profiles in my recycling bin on my computer, then quickly rewrote profiles for the rest.
Shout out to Shaunna for being awesome and giving me some tips for file recovery. You're the best!

I implore you go read the staff profiles, I think they're quite good if I do say so myself.

message 43: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Hey friends, yes it's me. Crazy right? I'm so so so sorry I sort of abandoned you these past two months, I'm the worst moderator ever.
I'm back, for good hopefully. Please forgive me for being gone so long, thanks to everyone who stepped up while I was away, you are the real MVPs!
Anyway, please please please stay active, I'd love to RP with all of you ASAP! I honestly don't remember what RPs I was involved in, if you know I was with you please let me know, I'll go through and look at my unread notifications as fast as I can.
I missed you all!

message 44: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Ahhh Grace I missed you!

message 45: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Just letting you know that the Student Roster is updated as of like five minutes ago!

message 46: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

Hello! I'm here to remind you that there's a thread where you can ask me or one of my other lovely moderators ANY QUESTION!

It's called Mod Q&A, and I know that I for one would love to answer all of your questions about just about anything!

message 47: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

So I think that most of us have forgotten about some of our fun folders/topics, so I'm going to post the links here just in case any of you want to look into them again, and I encourage you to do so!

Staff: view all of the teachers/staff of Hogwarts to enhance your RPs!

The Portkey Competition: A creative short story competition created by our cute caretaker Lyra!

Blue Moon Waltz RPs: The RP topic threads for the Blue Moon Waltz, all are available at the moment except for the Ballroom!

Book of the Month: Currently we as a group are reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, discuss the book there!

A Special Something!: This is where your charries essentially 'get ready' for the Blue Moon Waltz, you can post what your characters will be wearing, find a date, and get information about the Ball.

Animagi and Metamorphmagi: This is the greatly anticipated thread where you can make characters that are animagi or metamorphmagi! Make sure you read the rules for both thoroughly before you post.

Games: There's a plethora of games here, go check 'em out!

message 48: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

The Student Roster is completely up to date.

message 49: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

I also encourage you to go ahead and post on the Relationships thread, it's good to keep your charries relationships organized!

message 50: by Eve, Headmistress of Hogwarts (new)

I'm starting to sound like a broken record... but the Student Roster is fully up to date!

« previous 1