UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Help, book to promote (I forgot)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Yes, I got busy, turned round and discovered that the next Benor story in the Port Naain Intelligencer series, 'Woman in Love' is due to come out on the first of July.

I've done nothing about it.
So anybody got a blog or anything that needs content, or any other bright ideas?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Contact Rosen at BookHippo. No idea if/how she can help, but no harm in investigating.

Contact our Katy-baby. I've not seen her in the group for a little bit but she's still doing her blog occasionally.

Mary and both Wills.

Darren has a blog he ignores. Might be the kick in the pants he needs.

Michael Brookes is worth contacting. He posts great reviews on Facebook. I think he's also got a blog.

Speaking of Facebook. Use it to promote!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Yes I'm really going to have to get on to it

But really I just want to finish the story I'm writing :-(

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Tough.

Suck it up, big boy.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh jeez, how could I forget Kath?

Actually, I didn't, did I?

Ask Kath, too.

Will let you know if anyone else comes to mind.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Claire!

Think she offered in the morning thread.

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Yes, I've got her on my list.

You totally missed the double meaning in the reply I made to her :-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You expect me to actually read every post?

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments I'm hoping to instill a mood of paranoia so that you do ;-)

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1728 comments Hi Jim, I'm sneakily making notes here because I hope to launch my sequel sometime in the not tooooooo distant future.

Suggestion - are you pushing your other books especially one which might lead readers to want your latest? I'm afraid I shall be shamelessly plugging (head down, close eyes and I can do it) book one soon.

Good luck with yours.

T4bsF (Call me Flo) (time4bedsaidflorence) Patti (baconater) wrote: "Tough.

Suck it up, big boy."

Suck it up big boy........ ?????

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Anna wrote: "Suggestion - are you pushing your other books especially one which might lead readers to want your latest? I'm afraid I shall be shamelessly plugging (head down, close eyes and I can do it) book one soon...."

Hopefully this one promotes the others, if you go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=dp_byl...

Then you'll see that there are now four Port Naain Intelligencer stories. The cunning plan is that they're only 98p, people buy them on impulse, love them and then buy the novels as well.

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1728 comments A cunning plan indeed! I like the covers.

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments The covers are AUK's contribution. They do great covers

message 15: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 3013 comments Which company/artist are they Jim? I tried googling them but without success.

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments https://andrewsuk.com/about-us/

They call themselves publishers. Effectively they do the covers and make sure your book is out there, nook, kindle, whatever

They don't edit, they don't really do publicity unless you're starting to get a breakthrough.

In my case I'm happy with them, whether the new deals are as good as the old ones I don't know. Basically they take 50% of what Amazon (or whoever) leaves. About 25% of my sales aren't on Amazon
If I was more techie and had more time I could undoubtedly do what they do, but frankly, I haven't the time or the technology or the aptitude

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Who does your editing and proofreading, Jim?

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Editing, when it's professional stuff is Mike Rose Steel. Proof reading is done by a lady of infinite wisdom and resource

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Byrne (katarina66) | 55 comments I will do a blog interview for anyone who is interested.

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1728 comments That's just what we authors like to hear, thank you!

message 21: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Now that sounds like the beginnings of a plan!

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments Catherine wrote: "I will do a blog interview for anyone who is interested."

you have a pm :-)

message 23: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 278 comments Hey Jim, I'd be happy to run an interview by you and post it on 1st July?

if you drop me a PM on here, Facebook or on my site (www.matthewdrzymala.com) with your email address I'll send you an interview document :)

message 24: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 278 comments Catherine wrote: "I will do a blog interview for anyone who is interested."

Hi Catherine, is that open to anyone? My book has been out a month but always looking to find interviews to take part in. Let me know and I'd be happy to send you my email address for an interview

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1728 comments Matthew wrote: "Hey Jim, I'd be happy to run an interview by you and post it on 1st July?

if you drop me a PM on here, Facebook or on my site (www.matthewdrzymala.com) with your email address I'll send you an int..."

Hi Matt, can I jump on the bandwagon, please? I have a book almost ready for publication - well August maybe!

message 26: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 278 comments Only just saw this, haha but we've spoken on the Kuf Forum haha :D

Jim's interview is on my site now for all to read :)

https://www.matthewdrzymala.com