Audiobooks for the Family discussion

Recommendations > Any Good Recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Clarke (lindaweaverclarke) | 34 comments Mod
We would love to hear about your recommendations of any "family friendly" audiobooks that you have listened to recently.

message 2: by Inishowen (new)

Inishowen Cailín (inishowencailin) | 1 comments Hello Linda,
I am listening to a Georgian Historical mystery series (Alec Halsey Mysteries) by Lucinda Brandt and narrated by Alex Wyndham.
I love historical mysteries and romance so this is just perfect and the narrator is fantastic as well.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Wow! I love Historical mysteries with clean romance. That's for me.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Fisher | 6 comments I recently listened to "The Sorcerer's Quest" by Rain Oxford. It is a family-friendly fantasy book. I ended up getting it in exchange for a review, and I loved it. I think it would be perfect for a long car trip with the family (as its almost 7 hours long).

message 5: by Linda (new)

Ooo! This sounds fun. I'll check it out.

Wall-to-wall books - wendy I listened to "A Son's Vow" by Shelley Shepard Gray. It was the first in a series and the audio was Great! I loved it - 5 stars!

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Fisher | 6 comments I just listened to "The Distant Shore" by Debora M. Coty. It was really good. I would probably rate it PG because it alluded to spousal abuse (no real graphic details), but it is clean and very inspirational. It takes place in 1904 Florida.

message 8: by Linda (new)

I just finished The Isian Series by Serena Clarke and absolutely loved it. It's a fantasy romance for both YA and Adults. The first book, The Treasure of Isian, has dragons, a water witch, elves, and Amazon women. It's full of adventure. The second one, The Alliance of Isian, doesn't have as much adventure but is one of my favorites out of the series. I loved it because it was about an arranged marriage between two kingdoms and how two completely different people have to learn to understand one another. The third one, The Secret of Isian, has a lot of adventure like the first book and a fun romance between two independent and stubborn people: the prince and Rimelda who is a talented seer and can foretell the future. The narrator is fantastic. I really enjoyed her narration and her voices.