Audiobooks for the Family discussion

General > Rules for Posting

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (last edited Jun 16, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Linda Clarke (lindaweaverclarke) | 34 comments Mod
Just a few rules for posting.

1. Please be respectful to others' opinions. You may not agree but everyone has a right to voice their view point. It is all right to have a difference of opinion but do not insult anyone.

2. Please post under the correct topic. For example, if you want to promote an audiobook and give one away for review, then post it under Promotions and Free Audiobooks.

3. The search bar to the right will have the subjects listed.

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Freeman | 2 comments Please explain PG13. The only way to agree on rating a book is to imagine the words portrayed on the big screen and know the expectation of the one rating it. I know some readers and writers who think a definition of PG13 means even kissing is too suggestive. Others say fading to black for the intimate scenes is PG13. Therefore you may want to give examples. I also have a YA PG13 with a threatened rape and a man killed to prevent the murder of the shooter and his friends. How does violence fit into your PG13 rating? And what about cuss words?

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Clarke (lindaweaverclarke) | 34 comments Mod
Ah! I see what you mean. What we want here is family friendly audiobooks. Some may be G rated and others PG. They should not have sex, excessive violence, or profanity. We want to come here and find audiobooks that our children can enjoy and adults will enjoy as well.