What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Psychics solve crimes - Nonfiction

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments I've been reading a book by Sylvia Browne and I'm fascinated by the idea of psychic mediums helping to solve crimes. I'd prefer solved crimes, but are there any books about this specifically? Doesn't matter if they're right or wrong about the criminal!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
NO idea about this Melissa. Now, if you wanted fiction, I can send you to a few series, but not non-fiction.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments Ann, go for it! I'll check it out

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Ok, here goes with the fiction titles. :o) (I love mysteries, and have read ALL of the series I'm going to suggest.)

Dead Until Dark--When these first came out, I found them in the mystery section of my local bookstore. If you watched the HBO tv series, expect the books to be radically different.

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye in this series, the MC's boyfriend starts as a leo (local law enforcement) and then goes to work for the FBI. The author is a psychic herself, so not sure how much that influences the series.

Ghost Of A Chance again, author is a psychic.

Grave Sight in this one, the psychic acquired her powers because she was hit by lightning. I'm going to warn you--the back story is NOT pleasant. But the series is still interesting.

Truly, Madly in this one, the girl's family are all psychics--but they are matchmakers. All except for her--and her "gift" was changed when (again) she was struck by lightning.

When Lightning Strikes This one is YA--and again--lightning strike causes the ability. . .

I'm not entirely sure why the whole "lightning strike" thing got so popular, but well, there it is. I know I've read more series than this that have psychics solving mysteries, but, well, I have a massive migraine today (actually, it's day 3 of the migraine) and can't think of what they are right now.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments omg I hope you feel better! thank u so much I will check out all of these. I've read the sookie books. they're fun. I'm looking for crime solvers so idk if that's in these or not, but I'll take a look either way! so funny about the lightning strikes! haha. thank youuuuu!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1529 comments If you're interested in Sylvia Browne you may be interested to read this piece by Jon Ronson, a journalist who went on a cruise with her: https://www.theguardian.com/world/200...

Be warned it is less than complimentary!

Steph (loves water) | 109 comments When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the world of Earthbound spirits by Mary Ann Winkowsi was a really good, non fiction read.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments Rachel I read the article, ty! it's interesting to hear about this stuff from opposite sides, and I like to read a lot of stuff about the same topic since I figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments Steph ty!

message 10: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 591 comments Did not the real Allison Dubois the inspiration for the TV Show Medium with Patricia Arquette write a memoir?

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissyhead) | 30 comments Allison dubois has some interesting stuff! good one!