So Many Damn Books discussion

Episode Discussions > Episode Forty-Four Discussion!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (skooberar) | 35 comments Mod
What do y'all think of YA?

What about Stargirl in particular? Is it a seminal as I posit?

Think you might check out Bone Gap?

Also: etc?

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz (lschubert) | 3 comments Guys, I'm lame and haven't listened to episode 44 yet. I save them up for runs.. I almost ordered Stargirl last year (?) when Christopher recommended it on an episode... never got around to it, but was in my local thrift store couple weeks ago and saw it for $1, yay! Haven't read it yet.. I don't read a lot of YA but I trust your recommendations :)

message 3: by Christopher (last edited Jun 17, 2016 05:26PM) (new)

Christopher (skooberar) | 35 comments Mod
Liz wrote: "Guys, I'm lame and haven't listened to episode 44 yet. I save them up for runs.. I almost ordered Stargirl last year (?) when Christopher recommended it on an episode... never got around to it, but..."

Anytime I see a copy for sale like this I always pick it up. You never know when you're going to come across someone who needs to meet Stargirl.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenniferlyoung) | 1 comments I'm on vacation with my family, and I picked it up for my Kindle for 1.99! We are driving from upstate NY back to GA this weekend, and it's on deck.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Navin (ndgrad95) | 1 comments Got it through paperbackswap.com! What a find! Can't wait to read it! Working my way through A Little Life and The Nightingale right now (who thought two big books was a good idea?) though so I have to wait. :(

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (asawatzky) | 1 comments just listened to this episode today and added Bone Gap to my TBR (and upp'd Stargirl on the TBR priority list). You made great cases for them both and really enjoyed the discussion on YA's "different" stories.