What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Supernatural novel set in England [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (new)

Martin Mcsweeney | 3 comments I read a novel some years ago. It was a supernatural novel about a group of people who get together and decide to try and create a spirit to make contact with. They meet in a basement and make up details about this spirit etc. I think it was set in England.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
By "some years" are we talking 3, 10, 20? 40? When was it set? Author male or female? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Martin (new)

Martin Mcsweeney | 3 comments I'd say it could be twenty years. I think it was set in present day at that time. No clue of cover or author gender. I do remember more of the plot but don't want to post spoilers. Thanks

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
You can post spoilers, either in plain view, or you can use spoiler tags. Click "some html is ok" at the top right of the text box to see how.

Was this kind of trashy fiction, or more literary? When was the novel set?

message 5: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilareads) | 100 comments This is not set in England, but there's a basement and a group "creating" a spirit. And it's a good read too. Superstition by David Ambrose

message 6: by Martin (new)

Martin Mcsweeney | 3 comments That's brilliant. Thanks so much. I think that's it. Nearly 20 years ago. I had convinced myself it was set in UK.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Martin, I moved your request to a Solved folder. If you find it's not your book, just come back and we'll move your request to the Unsolved folder.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Superstition (other topics)