Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 80,000 word YA Coming-of-Age Novel

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shreyonti (new)

Shreyonti Chakraborty | 89 comments I have been working on this book for the past year and a half. Since English is not my first language, I am not very confident regarding it, and need a beta reader to look at structure, style, plot, character development and a little bit of spelling and grammar. Basically, the whole shebang. However, I do believe I have an interesting premise that will keep a reader interested throughout.

Here's a synopsis of my book:

Azain Raiznik is a love addict. He's nearly eighteen, has been in love thirty-three times and worryingly good at getting over ex-girlfriends and moving on to his next love. His parents decide its time for action, and that's how he ends up at Gowacherry Recovery Centre, a future-day rehab for 'modern addictions'.

Devina Saigal, a girl who has never been in love, chose to be at Gowacherry. She came in for perennial cynicism, but now she doesn't want to leave. It's not that she's made any friends (she has only one), and it's not the glowing academics Gowacherry offers to a brilliant student like Devina. Gowacherry is her home. And perhaps that's not a good thing.

What starts out as Azain's first friendship turns into Devina's first love. But there comes a time when they must make choices that'll determine how they end up- as a friendship that lasts a lifetime, or a great love that torn apart by modern-day circumstance.

Anybody who is interested may reach me by PM or comment on this post. I will be deeply grateful to any beta readers I can find. They help writers in a way they can't even imagine.

message 2: by Katt (new)

Katt | 9 comments I'd be happy to help out. Definitely an intriguing storyline. When would you need it completed by?

ReadWriteLove28 | 164 comments Hello! Your manuscript sounds interesting and I'd be happy to discuss beta reading for you.

I do charge a nominal fee for my beta reading, and would be happy to discuss it more thoroughly if you're interested.

I currently have spots open for July & August.

You can check out a list of testimonials from previous clients here:
http://readwritelove28.com/testimonials/

If interested, you can contact me through my website. I look forward to hearing from you!

Nori