The Queen (The Selection, #0.4) The Queen discussion

The Queen

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

shadowkissed heartrender This is great. I sometimes wonder how Queen Amberly's Selection turned out. All i know is that it wasn't her power or beauty but her calming nature that made King Clarkson drawn to her.

It would also be nice if there's a novella in Lucy's point of view to tell the story how Aspen and she got so close and ended up together.

All the same, it's wonderful knowing how Amberly, an ordinary Four, became the beloved queen of Illea.

message 2: by TheaSprings (new) - added it

TheaSprings I'm so excited to read this book !! I've just read The One and I don't realize yet its over so if there is an other (even little) book about the Selection : well it's wonderful. Moreover it's about Queen Amberly and from the beggening I wanted to know how she could fell in love with the King Clarckson.

Anyone knows when it'll be published ??

message 3: by Sapphire (new) - added it

Sapphire Ruby thank you so much kiera!!! after this, would you mind writing a book about the king and about illéa's new king and queen please!? thank you so so so so so so so much!! your books are the BEST books i have ever read and i know many many people agree

message 4: by Sapphire (new) - added it

Sapphire Ruby Theasprings wrote: "I'm so excited to read this book !! I've just read The One and I don't realize yet its over so if there is an other (even little) book about the Selection : well it's wonderful. Moreover it's about..."
it is being published in december 2014 2nd i think. SO EXCITING!!

message 5: by TheaSprings (new) - added it

TheaSprings Sapphire wrote: "Theasprings wrote: "I'm so excited to read this book !! I've just read The One and I don't realize yet its over so if there is an other (even little) book about the Selection : well it's wonderful...."

Oh thank you to have answered me !!

message 6: by Mimi (new) - added it

Mimi Gonzales I'm excited for this book as well! I actually was in awe with Queen Amberly's character in the book. I know there was just so much more to her than what Kiera Cass wrote in the books. I am so glad she has her own novella! I am anticipating for the couple's novella as well (I hope there is!!!).

Ilana i just finished it this weekend and i'm really glad to see that Clarkson wasn't always the man that we saw in the Selection. there's much more to him and that it's as a result of how he was raised.

I love that we got to see a bit more into Amberly and how her selection process was, and it really shed some light on how she was with the girls in the main series. i'd love it if the novella had continued on a bit more even into the selection since we knew there Clarkson was going, but not how things ended- yet i think that it was exactly what we needed anyway.

now it's just time to wait for The Heir :)

Lilly In my opinion this has to be the best work Kiera has done so far. it was way too short I wanted more. But I will admit I am pissed. Clarkson. Oh Prince Clarkson. I feel gulity loving him.

Kiff I enjoyed this short story, but it was depressing to me. Clarkson didn't really love Amberly. He chose her because she would bend to his will. That isn't really romantic at all. To me, this relationship seemed dysfunctional. However, it is a contrast to America's and Maxon's and makes me love their story even more.

message 10: by Michelle (last edited Jan 07, 2015 11:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michelle Amberly brings out the best in Clarkson. He can be cruel and cold as we have seen in the Selection Series but when Amberly is with him, he seems, to me, to be more likeable.