#AYEARATHON discussion

May - Finish/Catch Up Month > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 5, 6, & 7

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
So At this point I've Read 2 Books and Finished a 3rd.
Im two books behind on my goal but Im changing my TBR up a bit so we'll see how this all works out.

My current page count is 984.

message 2: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Rey So far I have read two books and I am about 100 pages into my third, giving me a total of ~900 pages. I am sticking to my TBR, but I have additionally started an audiobook that is the 5th book in the series. I hope I can spend Day 5 reading all evening!!!

message 3: by NoRa (last edited May 09, 2014 04:34AM) (new)

NoRa So far im on my thrid book now. I'll try to finish 4 books this readathon.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments So as of now I have read 4 (or is it 5? I don't really know it's 5am so it's allowed lol) books. I'm currently reading Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Haven't got too far in it and I'm thinking I'm going to put those books aside for now because it's been a while since I read Shatter Me so I don't remember all that happened but I will marathon them when my paper copies come in the mail. So if I do put it down then I'll read Unhinged by A.G Howard since I really enjoyed Splintered and want to know what happens to the characters. As for my TBR, I knew coming into it I was too ambitious so I may only read City of Ashes, Crown of Midnight, and Eon. We'll see you never know I may just fly through the books or I may be a slug.
Hope everyone's reading is going well! :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished 2 books today,so only 1 more to go and my goal is reached.
my page count hmmm about around 2000.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (alavair1) | 20 comments As of right now I have only finished 3 books total. I slowed down after finishing the Infernal Devices and am trying to push through City of Bones.

I still love it but I'm not sure if it's just too much of the world that is slowing me down or the fact that it's a reread for me.

Good luck with the rest of your reading goals everyone!

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 84 comments I finally finished The fellowship of the ring. I feel so bad, I will never finish in time :(. Anyway I enjoyed it and tomorrow I'll start the second one.

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments Finally I finished Sweet Peril. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Oh my gosh. I hope I don't have to wait too long for Sweet Reckogning to come out.
I don't really know, what should I read next. As my TBR says I should read Rogue by Rachel Vincent, but I have the ARC of my friend's novel which is a just 168 pages long standalone. And I have a really soon coming deadline for that to read and review. And my The One copy arrives on Tuesday...
Decisions, decisions...

message 9: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments I think I'll read Rogue in the next two days and the ARC on Monday and then comes Maxon.

message 10: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasia_) | 2 comments so I've finished The One a few hours ago. it was beautiful and heart- breaking and I got probably too excited that's why it feels like I have a hangover now. couldn't start any other book. and now it's almost midnight here in Ukraine so I decided not to start reading today but to have a good rest and tomorrow start and (hopefully) finish last 300 pages of The Game of Thrones.

message 11: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Came home today and saw that my book had arrived. I read up to Chapter 5 in The One and hopefully will finish it by Sunday? Anyway I am soo excited to finish it and see where it goes but I have to turn in an assignment for each of my English classes to stay on track if I want to finish before graduation.The One

message 12: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Nastya wrote: "so I've finished The One a few hours ago. it was beautiful and heart- breaking and I got probably too excited that's why it feels like I have a hangover now. couldn't start any other book. and now ..."

I got my pre-ordered copy in the mail today, I am SOOOO excited to see who they choose and see what happens with the whole thing!

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Today has been a slow and very little reading being done. However, I did manage to read "Unhinged" by A.G Howard. I quite like this series even if the bugs make me shudder (I am terrified of bugs but got through them)

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Hana'a wrote: "Nastya wrote: "so I've finished The One a few hours ago. it was beautiful and heart- breaking and I got probably too excited that's why it feels like I have a hangover now. couldn't start any other..."

Very exciting! I read it on the 6th :3 my paper copy hasn't come in the mail yet since I preordered books that come out later in the month but I listened to the audiobook so I didn't have to wait. Hope you enjoy it!!

message 15: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (kempfme) Yesterday I finished Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie , now downloading Reached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie . Hope to finish it by EOM.

message 16: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lindsey wrote: "So far I have read two books and I am about 100 pages into my third, giving me a total of ~900 pages. I am sticking to my TBR, but I have additionally started an audiobook that is the 5th book in ..."

that is some awesome progress :) happy reading!

message 17: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Rachel wrote: "Its day 5 and I've finished 1 book and I'm a third into my 2nd. Hoping to pick up the pace over the weekend."

slow progress is still progress! have a great weekend filled with reading! :)

message 18: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments NoRa wrote: "So far im on my thrid book now. I'll try to finish 4 books this readathon."

daaaaang you go, homeskie :) which books have you finished?

message 19: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kit Foxy wrote: "So as of now I have read 4 (or is it 5? I don't really know it's 5am so it's allowed lol) books. I'm currently reading Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Haven't got too far in it and I'm thinking I'm goi..."

that sounds like some awesome progress! :) good luck with the rest of the week! ;)

message 20: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Oda wrote: "I finished 2 books today,so only 1 more to go and my goal is reached.
my page count hmmm about around 2000."

im two books in too! :) good luck with the rest of your goal, im sure you can do it!

message 21: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Ashley wrote: "As of right now I have only finished 3 books total. I slowed down after finishing the Infernal Devices and am trying to push through City of Bones.

I still love it but I'm not sure if it's just t..."

those are some awesome books! :) if you get stuck, i suggest switching it up! :) happy reading :)

message 22: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Monica wrote: "I finally finished The fellowship of the ring. I feel so bad, I will never finish in time :(. Anyway I enjoyed it and tomorrow I'll start the second one."

it's okay if you don't finish a series! it's mostly just a catch-all kind of month! we're really chill and your goal is the only one that matters! have a great weekend!

message 23: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Regina wrote: "Finally I finished Sweet Peril. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Oh my gosh. I hope I don't have to wait too long for Sweet Reckogning to come out.
I don't really know, what should I read next. As my TBR say..."

ive heard great things about the sweet trilogy, i'm glad youre enjoying your reads! have a great weekend!

message 24: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Nastya wrote: "so I've finished The One a few hours ago. it was beautiful and heart- breaking and I got probably too excited that's why it feels like I have a hangover now. couldn't start any other book. and now ..."

ahh the one looks soooo good :) i'm so excited to read it! and i have yet to read GoT, let us know how you like it! :)

message 25: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Kit Foxy wrote: "Today has been a slow and very little reading being done. However, I did manage to read "Unhinged" by A.G Howard. I quite like this series even if the bugs make me shudder (I am terrified of bugs b..."

gahh i hate bugs too! but ive heard great things about it, what would you rate it?

have a great weekend full of reading!

message 26: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lacy wrote: "Yesterday I finished Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie, now downloading Reached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie. Hope to finish it by EOM."

how are you liking that series, ive heard some good things :) good luck with your goal! hope you're enjoying your week! :)

message 27: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments IT'S FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY

yeah i'll stop that now....haha how's everyone's day of reading been? i finished Cress and absolutely LOVED it :) now i'm reading a novella in the Talent Chronicles series by Susan Bischoff.

how are y'all doing with your goal? what's your plan for the weekend? :) let us know, we're glad you're with us!

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Kerri wrote: "Kit Foxy wrote: "So as of now I have read 4 (or is it 5? I don't really know it's 5am so it's allowed lol) books. I'm currently reading Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Haven't got too far in it and I'm..."

Thanks! Good luck to you as well! :)

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Kerri wrote: "Kit Foxy wrote: "Today has been a slow and very little reading being done. However, I did manage to read "Unhinged" by A.G Howard. I quite like this series even if the bugs make me shudder (I am te..."

I quite enjoyed it! I was able to get passed the bugs so I would rate it 4-4.5/5 I really enjoyed Morpheus' character :) Hope you can enjoy it if you pick it up ^_^

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Regina wrote: "Finally I finished Sweet Peril. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Oh my gosh. I hope I don't have to wait too long for Sweet Reckogning to come out.
I don't really know, what should I read next. As my TBR say..."

I haven't read the Sweet Evil series is it any good? And isn't Sweet Reckoning out? Or is that another that is late to be released in your country? Hopefully it comes out soon if that's the case!

message 31: by Crissie (new)

Crissie Wood (ctwood09) | 8 comments Finished Cress and I SO want Winter like now! Ehhh! But I do finally get to start Altered =)

message 32: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments It's FANTASTIC. It's full of things I love: romance, fight, adventure. And now it's a NYT Bestseller too. So I highly recommend it.
Yes, it's the same case, but it won't late as much as Scarlet and Days of Blood and Starlight. It'll be published in fall I think. They need time to translate it.

message 33: by Hana'a (new)

Hana'a (osnapitzhanaa) | 166 comments Was going to read another chapter of The One before bed... ended up reading 8 chapters in less than in an hour and now its 2am and I'm tired so happy reading every one

message 34: by Lorien (new)

Lorien (lorienkittybooks) | 188 comments Wow, finished 3 books today! They were really small, but that means I've finished 7 books so far! Only 1 more I think, to try to finish tomorrow. Doubt I can, but I'll try. Hope I can figure out how to film an update for today, with my camera broken...

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments So far I've finished 2 books and i'm 40% into my 3rd. Total so far 563pgs + 8 chapters of Cress on audio. I'm hoping I get Fever by Lauren DeStefano done by tomorrow afternoon. That way I can dive into and hopefully finish Scorch by Gina Damico.

message 36: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 84 comments Thanks :D I'll try anyway yeeeeeeeeeees

message 37: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isadoglover) I haven't read much because I had school all week but I managed to read about 400 pages which made me finish Clockwork Prince. I'm starting Clockwork Princess tomorrow and hopefully I can get a bit more reading in but I'm happy with how much I have read.

message 38: by Regina (new)

Regina Egyed (gina_gilet) | 28 comments Change in my plans. My copies of Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale and The Midnight Heir have just arrived in beautiful hardcover. It's more pleasure to me because I'm the co-designer of the Hungarian covers. So I'm gonna read them now.
How do you like them?
https://twitter.com/gina_giles/status...

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments Regina wrote: "It's FANTASTIC. It's full of things I love: romance, fight, adventure. And now it's a NYT Bestseller too. So I highly recommend it.
Yes, it's the same case, but it won't late as much as Scarlet an..."

Ohhhhh sounds good! I will read it after the read-a-thons :) Or during Bout of Books read-a-thon since I'm going to be reading 1sts of a series for it :)
Ahh that sucks but at least you don't have to wait too terribly long!

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie i decided to catch up on the mortal instruments series. i have read book 1,2,3 and am currently reading the 4th one. i hope to have this book finished this weekend.

message 41: by Jodi (new)

Jodi | 5 comments Just finished The Last Olympian. :) So good!

message 42: by David (new)

David | 6 comments 200 pages into both Crescendo and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

message 43: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Crissie wrote: "Finished Cress and I SO want Winter like now! Ehhh! But I do finally get to start Altered =)"

i finished cress as well and am dying for winter! gahh haha ooh i love altered, i hope you enjoy it as well !:)

message 44: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Hana'a wrote: "Was going to read another chapter of The One before bed... ended up reading 8 chapters in less than in an hour and now its 2am and I'm tired so happy reading every one"

haha happens to all of us! :)

message 45: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Lorien wrote: "Wow, finished 3 books today! They were really small, but that means I've finished 7 books so far! Only 1 more I think, to try to finish tomorrow. Doubt I can, but I'll try. Hope I can figure out ho..."

7 BOOKS? *bows down to the queen* congrats on getting so much reading done! i'm glad you're enjoying yourself!

message 46: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Melissa wrote: "So far I've finished 2 books and i'm 40% into my 3rd. Total so far 563pgs + 8 chapters of Cress on audio. I'm hoping I get Fever by Lauren DeStefano done by tomorrow afternoon. That way I can dive ..."

sounds like you're on a roll! :) i finished Cress yesterday and absolutely loved it! hope you complete your goals...happy reading!

message 47: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments Jodi wrote: "Just finished The Last Olympian. :) So good!"

ahh that's my fav in the PJO series! :) i'm running that thread next month for Rick Riordan month. are you gonna read HoO?

message 48: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments David wrote: "200 pages into both Crescendo and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

that's some awesome progress! :) have a great weekend :)

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readingfox91) | 42 comments ;-; not a status update for my reading but I saw a little while ago that the date for Winter by Marissa Meyer has been changed to November 24 2015 ;-; I hope that's a mistake!

message 50: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kerrithebookbelle) | 353 comments hey everyone! its Saturday, what are y'all reading? I'm working my way thru Onyx, the sequel to Lux :) I also got to do some pre-fnals retail therapy (dress shopping!) with some friends so its been a good day.

how are y'all doing? catching up on your goal? crushing it? let us know, there's only 1.5days left in this month's readathon! (ahhhhh!!!)

« previous 1