The Challenge Factory discussion

♦TCF Monopoly Archives♦ > TCF Monopoly Lydia vs NancyMaire

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments

Roll Dice

Monopoly Rules

• You do not need to wait for the other player to finish reading before you take your next turn. As soon as you're done reading, go ahead and roll.
• Each property is represented by a shelf. For each grouping of shelves/properties you would read a certain amount of books from that shelf. Once you finish the amount of books you would then “Own” that shelf.
• If you land on an “owned” shelf you would have to read a certain amount of books above what the owner had to read.
• If one person “owns” all of the books in a group (think Mediterranean and Baltic) and another player lands on their properties they would be able to recommend at least one of the books that the player has to read.
Utilities – For the Electric Company – Read a book where the characters have electric chemistry. For Water Works – Read a book that makes you cry. Books have to be 150 pages or more.
• If a player lands on an “Owned” utility, then the owner will recommend a book with electric chemistry or that makes them cry.
Railroads – For Reading Railroad – Read whatever you want. For Pennsylvania Railroad – Read a book set in Pennsylvania. For B&O Railroad – Read a book that someone else thought stunk. For Short Line – Read a novella. Page minimum 150 for all but Short Line. 25 page minimum for the novella.
• If a player lands on an “owned” railroad, the owner will recommend a book for that specific railroad.
Chance and Community Chest – there are 12 cards for each. If a player lands on one of those spots they will roll the dice a second time and then would “pull” the corresponding card and do whatever it says on the card. Once a card is used, it will be out of play unless needed to finish the game. Books for this would need to be at least 150 pages.
Being in Jail – To get out of jail you would need to have one of the get out of jail free cards, roll doubles on one of your next three turns or read a book where a character is arrested or has been in jail. Books for this would need to be 150 pages or more.
Just Visiting – Read a novella of your choice, 50 page minimum
Free Parking – Read any book 100 pages or more
Go – Read any book of 200 pages or more
Luxury Tax/Income Tax – Read a book with a rich character, a really poor character or someone that works in a bank. 150 pages or more
• Each roll, you'll post your starting spot, the roll and your new spot on the board.
• When you finish your book you'll post the spot your on, book name, rating, when it was finished and a short review of the book. If you were supposed to read a book that had a specific element (water works utility, book that made you cry), then please mention that in the review.
• Re-reads are allowed.

Link to Frequently Asked Game Questions

message 2: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Property/Shelves

Mediterranean Avenue - Favorites Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.
Baltic Avenue - Fiction Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.

Oriental Avenue - 2013 Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.
Vermont Avenue - Wishlist Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.
Connecticut Avenue - Books I Own Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.

St. Charles Place - Ebooks Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.
States Avenue - Maybe Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.
Virginia Avenue - Book Club Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.

St. James Place - Reviewed - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 3 books if the property is owned.
Tennessee Avenue - 2012 Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 3 books if the property is owned.
New York Avenue - Must Read Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 3 books if the property is owned.

Kentucky Avenue - 2011 Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 3 books if the property is owned.
Indiana Avenue - 5 Stars - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 3 books if the property is owned.
Illinois Avenue - Re-Read Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 3 books if the property is owned.

Atlantic Avenue - 2010 Shelf - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.
Ventnor Avenue - Library Books - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.
Marvin Gardens - Recommended Shelf - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.

Pacific Avenue - Stand Alone Shelf - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.
North Carolina Avenue - Love Shelf - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.
Pennsylvania Avenue - Part of a Series Shelf - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.

Park Place - Never Finished Shelf - Must read 3 book to own. Must read 5 books if the property is owned.
Boardwalk - DNF Shelf - Must read 3 book to own. Must read 5 books if the property is owned.

message 3: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Community Chest

2. Get out of Jail Free
3. Holiday Fund Matures - Read a Holiday themed book.
4. Yes Sir! - Read a book with a bossy character.
5. Go Directly to Jail
6. Laugh Riot - Read a book that makes you laugh.
7. Go Forward 3 Spaces
8. Fight Night - Read a book with a fight in it.
9. Advanced to St. Charles Place
10. You Inherit $100 - Read a book that was given to you or with a character in it that has inherited something.
11. Pay the Hospital - Read a book that takes place in a hospital or where someone goes to the hospital.
12. You've won a beauty contest - Read a book where a character is considered beautiful.

Chance

2. Advance to Illinois Ave
3. Fright Night - Read a book that scares you.
4. Get out of Jail Free
5. Play Ball - Read a book with a sports theme or athlete in it.
6. Go to Jail
7. Sing A Long - Read a book with a musician
8. Go Back 3 Spaces
9. Warm & Fuzzy - Read a book that makes you feel warm & fuzzy or that has a pet in it.
10. It's Your Birthday - Read a book you got for your birthday or where someone celebrates their birthday.
11. Great Job! - Read a book where the main characters works for a living.
12. Pay For School - Read a book that takes place in a school or where someone goes to school.

message 4: by Nancy85 (last edited Aug 04, 2016 03:25PM) (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Tracking

Property/Shelves

Mediterranean Avenue
Baltic Avenue - Lydia

Oriental Avenue
Vermont Avenue
Connecticut Avenue

St. Charles Place
States Avenue -Lydia
Virginia Avenue

St. James Place
Tennessee Avenue
New York Avenue

Kentucky Avenue
Indiana Avenue
Illinois Avenue

Atlantic Avenue
Ventnor Avenue- Nancy
Marvin Gardens

Pacific Avenue - Nancy
North Carolina Avenue
Pennsylvania Avenue

Park Place
Boardwalk

Reading Railroad
B&O Railroad
Pennsylvania Railroad
Short Line- Nancy

Water Works
Electric Company

message 5: by Nancy85 (last edited Jun 17, 2016 03:12PM) (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Community Chest

2. Get out of Jail Free
3. Holiday Fund Matures - Read a Holiday themed book.
4. Yes Sir! - Read a book with a bossy character.
5. Go Directly to Jail
6. Laugh Riot - Read a book that makes you laugh.
7. Go Forward 3 Spaces
8. Fight Night - Read a book with a fight in it.
9. Advanced to St. Charles Place
10. You Inherit $100 - Read a book that was given to you or with a character in it that has inherited something.
11. Pay the Hospital - Read a book that takes place in a hospital or where someone goes to the hospital.
12. You've won a beauty contest - Read a book where a character is considered beautiful.

Chance

2. Advance to Illinois Ave
3. Fright Night - Read a book that scares you.
4. Get out of Jail Free
5. Play Ball - Read a book with a sports theme or athlete in it.
6. Go to Jail
7. Sing A Long - Read a book with a musician
8. Go Back 3 Spaces
9. Warm & Fuzzy - Read a book that makes you feel warm & fuzzy or that has a pet in it.
10. It's Your Birthday - Read a book you got for your birthday or where someone celebrates their birthday.
11. Great Job! - Read a book where the main characters works for a living.
12. Pay For School - Read a book that takes place in a school or where someone goes to school.

message 6: by Nancy85 (last edited Jun 16, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Roll 1: 7 (4+3)
Start: Go
Finish: Chance
Roll 2: 6 (1+5)
Finish: Go to Jail
Task: To get out of jail you would need to have one of the get out of jail free cards, roll doubles on one of your next three turns or read a book where a character is arrested or has been in jail. Books for this would need to be 150 pages or more.

First roll for jail: 6 (4+2)

message 7: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Second roll for jail: 5 (3+2)
Third roll for jail: 6 (4+2)

Now gotta read a read a book where a character is arrested or has been in jail. Books for this would need to be 150 pages or more.

message 8: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Just letting you know, I still want to play the game but I haven't been able to read since last Thursday. I had to go to the ER twice yesterday so I don't know when i'll be able to read again.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh,sorry i thought you hadn't started cause for some reason they weren't sending me notifs :) Are you all right?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I rolled 3.Baltic Avenue
Fiction shelf :
I choose The Selection (tagged as fiction by 806 users)
Sorry it's my first time here but we can just look if a book is tagged as fiction instead of looking all 100 pages to find it right?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

By the way would you want to just pause the game for a while?

message 12: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments No i'm doing better

message 13: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5) by James Patterson
Read: 6/24/16
Rate: 3 stars
How it fits: One of the MC characters (a doctor) got a arrested

message 14: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Roll 2: 10 (5+5)
Start: Go to jail
Finish: Free Parking
Task: Read any book 100 pages or more

message 15: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Read: 6/27/16
How it fits: Has 552 pages

message 16: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Roll 3: 7 (4+3)
Start: Free Parking
Finish: Ventnor Avenue
Task: Library Books - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Changed book by the way
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
Read: Friday to today
Rate:2 stars
How it fits:Shelved as Fiction 1061 times

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Rolled 10
Start:Baltic Avenue
Finish:States Avenue
Task:Must read 1 book from Maybe shelf

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Choosing The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
Shelved by 16 people as maybe (phew)

message 20: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments I already have a tracking set in one of my post

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok thanks for tracking :)

message 22: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James
Book 1 of Library Books
Read: 6/30/16

message 23: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey
Book 2 of Library Books
Read: 7/5/16
Rate: 4 stars

message 24: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Roll 4: 4 (2+2)
Start: Ventnor Avenue
Finish: Pacific Avenue
Task: Stand Alone Shelf - Must read 2 book to own. Must read 4 books if the property is owned.

message 25: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Book 1 or 2
Soundless by Richelle Mead
Read: 7/7/16
Rate: 5 stars

message 26: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Book 2 of 2
11/22/63 by Stephen King
Read: 7/9/16

message 27: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Roll 4 (2+2)
Start: Pacific Avenue
Finish: Short Line
Task: For Short Line – Read a novella. Page minimum 150 for all but Short Line. 25 page minimum for the novella

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry i was on vacation this week :)
Have you seen the show 11.22.63 ?If so is it better than the book?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
Rate:2
Review:https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Got States Avenue

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Rolled 11
Start:States Av.
Finish:Illinois Avenue - Re-Read Shelf - Must read 1 book to own.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I choose Me Before You (shelved 62 times as re-read)

message 32: by Nancy85 (last edited Aug 04, 2016 03:22PM) (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1) by Victoria Aveyard
Read: 8/4/16
Rate: 5 stars

message 33: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Roll 7 (1+6)
Start: Short Line
Finish: Community Chest

Roll 9 (5+4)
Task: Advanced to St. Charles Place

Finish: St. Charles Place
Task: Ebooks Shelf - Must read 1 book to own. Must read 2 books if the property is owned.

message 34: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments Queen of Hearts (Queen of Hearts Saga #1) by Colleen Oakes
Read: 9/7/16

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi there sorry i stoped playing :)

message 36: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 773 comments that's ok. I forgot bout our game.