Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Brisbane Q'ld Get together - Saturday 27th August - venue to be determined...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Jun 18, 2016 09:28PM) (new)

Brenda | 70414 comments Mod
Could we have interested people put their names down here for a get together of Aussie Readers (in the vicinity) to perhaps exchange books and enjoy lunch, and/or morning tea on a date somewhere between Saturday 27th August and Thursday 1st September and probably in the city or a central location?

EDIT Date is Saturday 27th August - please put your names down for definites :)

Date - Saturday, 27th August
Time - 12 noon for lunch
Location - City
RSVP - 20th August

Also the Mystery Book Swap has been successful at other get togethers, so I thought it might be fun to do it with our Brisbanites.

Mystery Book Swap

1. Bring along one book to the venue to give away – preferably a new book or a book in excellent condition.

2. Wrap the book in whatever paper you have at home.

3. Place a tag on the wrapping with the description of the genre.

4. Each participants name will be placed in a hat, and when your name is drawn, you can select a mystery book from the pile.

Join us for a great few hours chatting books (among other things!)

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Aug 24, 2016 11:25PM) (new)

Definites

✔Brenda
✔Kathryn
✔Deborah
✔Lynne
✔Helen
✔Kerri
✔Victoria
✔Amy

Maybes

Kate

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3502 comments I'm a "definitely not" for Sun 28th, Tues 30th and Thurs 1st, but most likely a "definite" for Sat 27th, Mon 29th or Wed 31st :-)

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Thanks Kathryn :) I'll wait to see when others can come - hopefully we'll all be definites on the same date :)

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1885 comments I can definitely do any Sunday or Saturday in August or September. Thanks for asking Brenda, I got a bit discouraged when no one seemed enthused, so I went away and read a book. I work all weekdays.

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

LOL!!! Great Deborah thanks :)

I think we'll probably do Saturday 27th August then :)

I'll edit the first post...

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3502 comments Excellent - I should be there (unless there's any last minute choir rehearsal as I'm taking part in Brisbane Sings - a large choir performance of 500 people at the Concert Hall the next day - but I don't think it's likely).

This weekend will be a lot of fun for me!

message 8: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 255 comments I could probably do Saturday. I don't think I've got anything on ...

message 9: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great Lynne - I'll add you to the list :)

message 10: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Kathryn wrote: "Excellent - I should be there (unless there's any last minute choir rehearsal as I'm taking part in Brisbane Sings - a large choir performance of 500 people at the Concert Hall the next day - but I..."

Sounds like it will be for sure Kathryn :)

message 11: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

I've edited the first post now with the full details (except venue)... any more Brisbane people who would like to join us?

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1885 comments OK! It is in the diary, looking forward to it - I have never met any goodreads friends :)

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

It'll be great Deborah :)

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy Andrews Hi All,
I've just joined the group and as I live in Brissy was hoping to come along to the get together too. I'm not sure 100% yet that I'll be able to make it but if I can provisionally RSVP that would be great!
Thanks,
Amy
PS - mega thanks to Kathryn for letting me know!

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Hi Amy :) Welcome (and thanks Kathryn!) I'll put you down in the Maybe column if you could let us know here by the RSVP date (for booking numbers)

message 16: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3502 comments Amy wrote: "Hi All,
I've just joined the group and as I live in Brissy was hoping to come along to the get together too. I'm not sure 100% yet that I'll be able to make it but if I can provisionally RSVP that ..."

:-)

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy Andrews Brenda wrote: "Hi Amy :) Welcome (and thanks Kathryn!) I'll put you down in the Maybe column if you could let us know here by the RSVP date (for booking numbers)"

Yes! Will do!

message 18: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Thanks Amy :)

message 19: by Helen (new)

Helen Goltz | 1 comments Love to join in on the Sat 27 Aug! Thanks for organising, Brenda. It will be great to meet in person at last and catch up with everyone.

message 20: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 143 comments Would love to have met you but unfortunately I'll be away. Have fun - perhaps next time.

message 21: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Yay! Great you're able to come Helen :) Looking forward to meeting you too...

Bad luck Rita!

message 22: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Are there any more Brisbane - ites interested in our get together here?

message 23: by Kerri (new)

Kerri | 373 comments I should be able to make it to the get together, will know definitely closer to the date, so count me in please.

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1885 comments Excellent, the list is growing!

message 25: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great Kerri, thanks! Plenty of time to RSVP too :)

message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 69 comments It sounds like fun. Would you be able to put me down as a maybe, Brenda? Thanks :)

message 27: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Done Kate :)

message 28: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Capper | 7 comments I haven't been very active on Goodreads - but I read a lot also write and I live in Brisbane - and would love to join the group on Sat 27th August. Please include me on you list.

message 29: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

I've added you Victoria :)

Will be great to meet everyone!

message 30: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Capper | 7 comments Thank-you , I agree, it will be great to meet everyone. Maybe i will be more active if I know people as real people not just abstract names on the computer. looking forward to it.

message 31: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha! Well said :) I know I'm real ;) But out of everyone who is so far coming, I only know one person (in the flesh) so it'll be great to put faces to names :)

message 32: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1885 comments Likewise! I think it will be great to have face to face conversation.

message 33: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3278 comments What a good idea, Brenda!

message 34: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

We have 7 definites and 2 maybes for this event - which is a month away today :) Are there any others who would like to put their names down for our get together?

Don't forget your mystery book which needs to be organised for the day :) Don't leave it until the last minute ;)

Can't wait to meet you all - put faces to names :)

message 35: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3502 comments Brenda wrote: "We have 7 definites and 2 maybes for this event - which is a month away today :) Are there any others who would like to put their names down for our get together?

Don't forget your mystery book w..."

I have my mystery book - just need to decide which one out of the pile it will be!

message 36: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great! So have I :)

message 37: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3502 comments Brenda wrote: "Great! So have I :)"

Don't forget to pack it!

message 38: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Haha! Oh that would be a pain wouldn't it! lol

message 39: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

I've just sent emails to all the confirmed people :) It's getting closer!

message 40: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1885 comments Brenda wrote: "I've just sent emails to all the confirmed people :) It's getting closer!"

I am excited! And the mystery book... hmmm so many options...

message 41: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

LOL! My mystery book is wrapped :)

message 42: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Ideiosepius | 1885 comments I have a couple of brand new thrillers, I suspect that anyone who likes thrillers may have read them though.

message 43: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Not necessarily - it's always hard to tell though :)

message 44: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 255 comments Is this still going ahead?

message 45: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Yes - didn't you get my email Lynne? Sent probably 2 weeks ago... through GR

message 46: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 255 comments No, I hadn't seen that. In fact, there are a few messages in there I didn't get a notification for. I'll have to check my settings ...

message 47: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

It's a problem at GR end Lynne - they're working on it :)

message 48: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 255 comments That makes sense. Okay, at this stage I'm planning to be there! :-)

message 49: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Excellent :)

message 50: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3502 comments I'm looking forward to it - just a week to go now!

« previous 1