Polls for Our Souls discussion

Buddy Reads > Buddy Read for A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments I've been wanting to read A Little Life for a while now and I thought this was a good chance for a buddy read. Anyone who wants to buddy read A Little Life with me is welcome. Just comment on here and we can set up the specifics.

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Ashwood wrote: "Sounds good!! I need to get a copy of it, can't wait!!"

Sweet! What date to start works for you?

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Ashwood wrote: "I just got the book from the library, so anytime works for me."

Awesome. We can start today then. The book is divided into 7 different sections starting with Lispenard Street Chapter 1 and we can go chapter by chapter through each section. When we finish a chapter in each section we can post our thoughts here and discuss it together. That sound good to you?

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Ashwood wrote: "I just got the book from the library, so anytime works for me."

And we can hide the spoilers so we can look at them when we get to the chapter the other is on and we won't spoil each other if we're not there yet.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Ashwood wrote: "Sounds good!!"

Great! So when either of us finishes a chapter we can post our thoughts here and we can look at it when we finish the chapter ourself.

message 6: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments I'll start us off

message 7: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments [ I ] Lispenard Street, Chapter 1

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments { IV ] The Axiom of Equality, Chapter 1

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Ashwood wrote: "I'm having a really tough time reading this book. It's probably great in its way but I'm just not feeling it :( I don't know if it's because I'm already reading another series but for whatever reas..."

Aw that's too bad. Well, I hope you pick it up again sometime and have a better experience with it. It took me awhile to get in mood for this book too.