Eclectic Readers discussion

The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1)
This topic is about The Star-Touched Queen
Podcasts > Episode 17: The Star-Touched Queen

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeannette (jmtrivera) | 517 comments Mod
Happy first anniversary, Eclectic Readers Book Club Podcast! For such an exciting occasion, we have a lot to talk about: announcements about the upcoming Readathon and another special episode on the way, discussions on our favorite myths and legends, and of course, we dive deep into Roshani Chokshi's first novel The Star-Touched Queen. Give it a listen and then let us know your ideas for Readathon Challenges, special episode questions, and what rules people should obey while visiting the Underworld.

Megan (meganbrinckerhoff) I was listening yesterday and remember you guys mentioning why couldn't anyone recognize Maya in the second half of the book. As to why otherworldly creatures don't recognize her as their queen/god I would assume it has to do with her not being "complete" yet and not having all of her memories or a full understanding of herself - maybe? But as to her family not recognizing her - I thought that she was a completely different person (physically). That she went into the reincarnation pool a 17 year old girl and then popped out of the grave as a 50 year old woman. I don't have the book anymore so I can't check, so maybe I just read it wrong....

I'm excited for the read-a-thon! I should be able to participate this time! :)

Jeannette (jmtrivera) | 517 comments Mod
Megan wrote: "I was listening yesterday and remember you guys mentioning why couldn't anyone recognize Maya in the second half of the book. As to why otherworldly creatures don't recognize her as their queen/god..."

Interesting, Megan! I interpreted it as she hadn't changed because almost no time has passed for her, but the people around her had changed by ten years or something like that. Maybe I should look again.

I'm so glad you'll be able to Readathon with us! Make sure you let us know if there are any challenges you want!