Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Melbourne, Vic, Get Together – 6th August 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 165 (165 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Mish (last edited Jun 26, 2016 05:48PM) (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Hi Everyone,

Since our last get together was a huge success, I thought I’d get the ball rolling on our next one :)

For those interested in coming along to our next get together, please put your names down in this thread, and I will advise you with details of the venue once the numbers are confirmed.

Date = Saturday, 6th August
Time = 11:30am for lunch
Location = City
RSVP = 23rd July

Also the Mystery Book Swap turned out really well at our last get together, so I thought it might be fun to do it again.

Mystery Book Swap

1. Bring along one book to the venue to give away – preferably a new book or a book in excellent condition.

2. Wrap the book in whatever paper you have at home.

3. Place a tag on the wrapping with the description of the genre.

4. Each participants name will be placed in a hat, and when your name is drawn, you can select a mystery book from the pile.

It will be a lot of fun! I hope to see you all there :)

message 2: by Mish (last edited Jul 28, 2016 08:40PM) (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Confirmed
Mish
Michael
Tracey
Elaine
Molly
Rosie
MaryG2E
Stella
Heather
Nat
Andrea
Suzie

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Yay it almost that time again.

Like I told you earlier you can put me down as confirmed for now. The only way that would change is if work did somthing unexpected. :)

message 4: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Michael wrote: "Yay it almost that time again.

Like I told you earlier you can put me down as confirmed for now. The only way that would change is if work did somthing unexpected. :)"

Got you down Michael :) I can't wait!

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1583 comments I should be able to come - hope so. Please add me to the Maybe list for now. Thanks Mish

message 6: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Andrea wrote: "I should be able to come - hope so. Please add me to the Maybe list for now. Thanks Mish"

It would be great to see you again Andrea. Hope you can make it :)

message 7: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68725 comments Mod
Oh wonderful! We'll be hopefully organising another Sydney one soon, and also a Brisbane one :)

message 8: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Brenda wrote: "Oh wonderful! We'll be hopefully organising another Sydney one soon, and also a Brisbane one :)"

Fantastic! Brisbane hasn't had one yet so it should be great fun for them. :)

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Fingers crossed that you will be able to attend Andrea. :)

message 10: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments I just stepped out to the shops and it's freezing here!!!!! I've got 3 layers on, and the cold is still making it's way through.

Oh Michael, you will def need to pack your winter woolies on your next visit ;)

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1583 comments Michael wrote: "Fingers crossed that you will be able to attend Andrea. :)"

Thanks Michael. Hopefully all the lovely folks from last time can come again, plus a few more!

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Mish wrote: "I just stepped out to the shops and it's freezing here!!!!! I've got 3 layers on, and the cold is still making it's way through.

Oh Michael, you will def need to pack your winter woolies on your ..."

Poor things :( It is glorious here...chilly overnight, but beautiful blue sky and a little bit of warmth. Due to get a horrible cold, wet and windy front over the weekend again though :(

message 13: by Tracey Allen (new)

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum (carpelibrum) | 787 comments Thanks for the early heads up Mish, and put me down as a definite. Really looking forward to it guys :-)

message 14: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 2001 comments Mish wrote: "Hi Everyone,

Since our last get together was a huge success, I thought I’d get the ball rolling on our next one :)

For those interested in coming along to our next get together, please put your n..."

Yay!!! Great job Mish and definitely count me in too. It's already in the diary. It will be great to see everyone again and it's great that you are coming again Michael. Our special interstate guest. Fingers and toes are crossed that nothing changes. :)

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments I will put in for leave soon Elaine. Then it will just be a matter of flights and accommodation. One thing is for sure I will not be staying at the place I stayed at last time. Don't care if I have to pay more. :)

message 16: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Tracey Allen wrote: "Thanks for the early heads up Mish, and put me down as a definite. Really looking forward to it guys :-)"

You're welcome Tracey and it's great you're coming. Didn't want to see you miss out again :)

message 17: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Elaine wrote: "Mish wrote: "Hi Everyone,

For those interested in coming along to our next get together, plea..."

Thanks Elaine. Got you down as a definite :)

message 18: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 2001 comments Michael wrote: "I will put in for leave soon Elaine. Then it will just be a matter of flights and accommodation. One thing is for sure I will not be staying at the place I stayed at last time. Don't care if I have..."

I know accommodation can be pricey in the city Michael but hopefully if you can book something soon you may be able to get an early bird price. Hopefully work can approve your leave quickly.

message 19: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 2001 comments Mish wrote: "Elaine wrote: "Mish wrote: "Hi Everyone,

For those interested in coming along to our next get..."

Thanks Mish.

message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments That's the plan Elaine. Also will make sure I bring plenty of warm clothes. Look forward to seeing you Tracey. :)

message 21: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments Mish, you're a legend! Put me down as a definite with the proviso that hurricanes, earthquakes and sudden cardiac arrest would probably make it difficult for me to keep my promise.

message 22: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments That's wonderful Molly. Hopefully we will end up with more people than last time for the meet-up. :)

message 23: by Molly (new)

Molly Billygoat (MollyBillygoat) | 117 comments Michael wrote: "That's wonderful Molly. Hopefully we will end up with more people than last time for the meet-up. :)"

Hey - where'd the rest of my message go?! I added smiley faces and friendly sentiments and such!

Haha, yes, I also look forward to seeing everyone again, and hopefully some new faces too! No kid's party to rush off to this time. :)

message 24: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments You going to wear Adventure time again? I was thinking of going all geek in winter gear lol. I promise I will be super social :D

message 25: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3105 comments Brenda wrote: "Oh wonderful! We'll be hopefully organising another Sydney one soon, and also a Brisbane one :)"

Yes! I've been thinking the exact same thing.

message 26: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Won't be long...

message 27: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Molly wrote: "Mish, you're a legend! Put me down as a definite with the proviso that hurricanes, earthquakes and sudden cardiac arrest would probably make it difficult for me to keep my promise. "

Wonderful Molly! You're on the list :))

message 28: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 2001 comments Molly, Michael, Mish, Tracey, Andrea and anyone else who is coming....we should maybe consider staying on in the city and maybe doing dinner too. I know last time Michael, Mish and I could have stayed on and chatted for hours so perhaps something to consider and think about. That way Michael you'll have company too. I know though some of you come from further afield and it may not be possible but for those that would like to, I'm keen to kick on. Sorry Mish didn't mean to hijack and take over your organising but just thought to mention that too. :)

message 29: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments I would be up for that Elaine. You are right that we could have stayed on for a lot longer. :)

message 30: by Mish (last edited Jun 16, 2016 04:45PM) (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Elaine wrote: "Molly, Michael, Mish, Tracey, Andrea and anyone else who is coming....we should maybe consider staying on in the city and maybe doing dinner too. I know last time Michael, Mish and I could have sta..."

I had a great time too and could've definitely stayed longer. I'm not sure if I could do a lunch, and a dinner in one day. Usually if I have a big lunch, I will only have something light for dinner. But I will try and stay as long as I can :)

message 31: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 273 comments I would love to go. Count me in.

message 32: by Tracey Allen (new)

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum (carpelibrum) | 787 comments Michael wrote: "That's the plan Elaine. Also will make sure I bring plenty of warm clothes. Look forward to seeing you Tracey. :)"

Thanks Michael, I'll be sure to bring a few books for the group too :-)

message 33: by Tracey Allen (new)

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum (carpelibrum) | 787 comments Elaine wrote: "Molly, Michael, Mish, Tracey, Andrea and anyone else who is coming....we should maybe consider staying on in the city and maybe doing dinner too. I know last time Michael, Mish and I could have sta..."

I have a chronic pain condition, but if I dose up and pain allows, I'd be more than happy to stay longer and 'kick on' for dinner.

Michael, there's a Travelodge in Southbank and I understand their rates are reasonable and it's very central. Just the basics though, no perks.

message 34: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 2001 comments No probs guys we can play it by ear. Just putting it out there as an option. It doesn't have to be dinner but maybe we can hang out a bit longer? Either way catching up will be great.

message 35: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 359 comments Would be great to catch you all again, but I'll have to be a Maybe at this stage. I have a family function on that arvo/evening, and I'm not sure what time I need to be there. I hope I can squeeze in a quick bite and a chat :)

message 36: by Jess (new)

Jess (holdenv84) | 38 comments I'm a maybe at this stage. Just need to confirm a babysitter

message 37: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Rosie wrote: "I would love to go. Count me in."

Good on you Rosie. Got you on the list :)

message 38: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Jess wrote: "I'm a maybe at this stage. Just need to confirm a babysitter"

Suzie wrote: "Would be great to catch you all again, but I'll have to be a Maybe at this stage. I have a family function on that arvo/evening, and I'm not sure what time I need to be there. I hope I can squeeze ..."

No worries Jess & Suzie. Got you down as maybe :)

message 39: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Just received a message from MaryG2E, and she said she'll love to come.

Lovely to see the list growing and our group from the last meet up all coming together :))

message 40: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Michael wrote: "You going to wear Adventure time again? I was thinking of going all geek in winter gear lol. I promise I will be super social :D"

I missed this comment last time.

Now! this I'd like to see LOL!

message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments I will see what I can do Mish. LOL!

Jülie ☼♄  | 6262 comments Michael wrote: "I will see what I can do Mish. LOL!"

Coming to Sydney too Michael?? :[]

message 43: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

LOL! Same day Jools ;)

message 44: by Stella (new)

Stella Hi Mish, please count me in too.

message 45: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Stella wrote: "Hi Mish, please count me in too."

Great Stella. Will do :)

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 42 comments I'm a maybe. It's a very busy weekend for me, but I'll see what I can do.

message 47: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm a maybe. It's a very busy weekend for me, but I'll see what I can do."

No worries Sarah. You're on the list :)

message 48: by Heather (new)

Heather | 349 comments Hi - love to come - I had a great time last time

message 49: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Heather wrote: "Hi - love to come - I had a great time last time"

Hi Heather, that's great. You're on the list :)

message 50: by Heather (new)

Heather | 349 comments Thanks Mish!

« previous 1 3 4