Dread Forest (roleplay) discussion

Dread forest > Mount Briar Mansion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
To the North lies a mansion that belongs to Queen Aelin. Its ebony stone glitters in the sunlight as it waits for those that seek shelter from the coming war.

X The Gnome  (Please just call me X) (agnomewholovesbooks) | 1364 comments Mod
Dread saw the mansion from a whole kilometre away. He stood in awe of it at first sight. When he finally got to it he slowly opened the massive door and stepped inside.
A lot of raiding can be done here thought Dread smiling and taking out a small sack and stuffing anything valuable from the mansion into it.

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
Revenge cloaked himself as he heard a noise coming from the Grand Hall. He let his claws unsheathe as he stalked towards it.

"Claw, are you going to stand around all day outside!" yelled Dread gesturing for a boy who looked 17 to come in and help him.
"I was just looking for any sign of danger," mumbled Claw taking out another sack and looting the place of anything valuable.
"Oh please there is no danger we're in the middle of nowhere!" exclaimed Dread rolling his eyes.
"Well-,".
"Just help me, alright!" yelled Dread throwing another sack at Claw.

Revenge walked up behind both of the thieves and growled. He uncloaked himself and crossed his arms. "You are trespassing on private property. This mansion belongs to Queen Aelin Shadowsen of Dread Forest."

"What the!" yelled Claw dropping his sack and scrambling away from Revenge unsheathing his makeshift dagger claws.
Dread unsheathed his cutlass and pointed it at Revenge.
"I don't care who it belongs too If you try to stand in my way of looting-". Dread made a cutting motion and glared at Revenge.

Revenge smirked. "You can't kill me, boy. Allow me to formally introduce myself." He bowed. "I am Revenge, close friend to the Queen. Now I am going to say this again. You are trespassing."

"Good for me, and I'll give you one last warning too!" exclaimed Dread stabbing at Revenge.
"Oops, sorry no more warnings," said Dread stabbing at Revenge again.
Claw unsheathed his dagger claws and slashed at Revenge too.

Revenge laughed and let himself go. Power radiated from him and darkness seemed to cling to him. "As you wish." His own claws unsheathed and he was ready to show no mercy.

"Woah,woah,woah!" yelled a figure dressed in mimes clothing, no wait armoured Mimes clothing walked in casually through the front door.
"What is going on here!" he shouted again looking back and forth between the three fighters.

Revenge crossed his arms, muscles bulging and gestured to the men. "They are trespassing and are thieves."

"Dread, Claw? Hey guys!" Shouted the mime widening his eyes at Dread and Claw.
"The name is Mimic and please Revenge I know that you have guarded this mansion for a 1237 years and you have slain exactly 6789 trespassers in this mansion, but please just let us take a sack of goods from this mansion," said Mimic smiling.

Revenge raised an eyebrow at him. "Really? Sorry, that's not going to happen. My Queen comes first."

"Aww, come on remember when you spared that one girl and let her take a whole diamond off of the wall, oh and that one guy who took a golden staff!" shouted Mimic.
((He knows this because of mask it reads peoples minds in a way))

((ohhhhh okay! COOL!))

Revenge stalked towards him. "That's because they needed it. They had nothing! You all probably work for King Evernence."

"Ha, that small minded elf! We would never work for him!" laughed Mimic doubling over in laughter.

Revenge tilted his head to the side. "Oh I doubt that. If the price is right, you would."

"Well, I'm sorry about this but-,". Mimic made a small sad face on his mask and instantly a wave of pure grief washed over Revenge.

Revenge pushed it back as best as he could. "I am Revenge, boy. How do you think I got the name!" He moved closer to Mimic. "You have done terrible things and for that, revenge shall be dealt."

"Terrible things, listen Revenge I didn't ask for this mask!" yelled Mimic tapping his mask and making hallucinations of Mimic appear all around Revenge.

Revenge shook his head. "NO! It was given to you! You had a choice between using it for good or for evil! You chose evil. It's not my fault that you chose wrong!" He stepped back and growled as his vision blurred. "Don't think that this will stop me because even if you manage to get out with a bag of gold, I will HUNT YOU DOWN!"

"Yea, sure lets go!" shouted Mimic leading the way as Dread and Claw ran out of the mansion with sacks of gold and treasure.

Revenge chuckled. The hunt begins. He cloaked himself and followed them.

Mimic left Dread and Claw with half of the gold and treasure and took half of it himself.
Dumb Revenge, he thinks I chose evil thought Mimic.

Revenge watched as they split the gold among themselves. Greedy bastards.

Mimic knew that Revenge was following him so he let him.
Let him follow me, he can't do any harm to me thought Mimic.
Mimic kept on walking until he reached a small village and walked through the rich streets all the way to the end where the poor and homeless lived.
"Its Mimic!" yelled a small kid sitting on the porch of one of the destroyed buildings.
"Hey guys!" exclaimed Mimic running towards the kid and hugging him.
"Did you bring any money," asked an elder watching the kids.
"Yes, here you go, this should be enough for a lifetime of food," said Mimic beaming
"Thank you so much Mimic!" said the elder tears streaming her face.

Revenge watched the interaction between Mimic and the child. Maybe he isn't as far gone as I thought... He knew that Mimic was blocking him from reading his inner and most sacred thoughts. Revenge just needed to look at his heart...

He stepped out onto the street and began clapping. "Well done."

"AHHH!" screamed the children hiding behind Mimic and pointing at Revenge.
"What do you want," said Mimic glaring at Mimic.

message 29: by The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~, Queen Aelin Shadowsen (last edited Aug 14, 2016 02:28PM) (new)

Revenge smiled at the children as he thought of his Queen. She should have had the life she wanted...

He snapped himself out of his thoughts and turned his gaze on Mimic. "Just to say that I was wrong. You aren't all that bad."

"Thomas, lead the others inside," said Mimic shooing away the children.
"You followed me to see if I wasn't that bad?" asked Mimic looking at Revenge like he was crazy.

"Among other things, yes." He took in his surroundings and then looked at Mimic again. "I didn't think that you cared, but I see that my thoughts were flawed."

"Oh, yes you were pretty off on your guess Revenge. Now I wish you could stay for a cup of tea but you should really go the patrol will soon come and you shouldn't be here," replied Mimic following the elder inside of one of the buildings.

Revenge waved his hand dismissively. "I can take care of myself."

"I'm asking you, if you disturb the patrol ugly things will happen," said Mimic casting a worried glance at the street that lead to the rich neighbourhood.

"I assure you that I won't. Now I remember you offering me a drink." He smiled and walked towards Mimic.

((hey! I just realized something!!! The "Or:" in your name looks like a face. Tilt your head to the right))

((Oh yea, cool!)

Soldiers dressed in pure gold armour marched down the streets with torches and shields. The patrols purpose was to kill anyone in the poor part of the city who was out past curfew.

((hahahahaha...its the little things that count ;) ))

Revenge rolled his eyes and sighed. "Are we going in or what?"

"Well, I'm already inside I don't know about you!" whispered Mimic harshly to Revenge.

Revenge chuckled. "Lead the way."

Mimic walked down countless flights of stairs until they reached a huge underground room filled with babies all the way to elders.
They al sat crowded around makeshift beds, some eating food the others sleeping or talking.
"Welcome," said Mimic smiling at a child dressed int age who was playing with a doll in the corner.

Revenge looked around with awe. "Damn. You really know how to hide 'em."

"Well thank you," said Mimic walking towards the girl.
"Hello Isabel, how are you?" asked Mimic looking worried.

Revenge watched the interaction in amazement. If only Aelin knew...

"Mimic!" shouted the girl in delight, she hugged Mimic tightly and smiled.
"Hey," said Mimic smiling too and hugging her tightly.

Revenge felt a tug on his arm and looked down to see a boy staring up at him. He crouched down and smiled warmly. "Yes?"

"Who are you?" The boy held the stuffed bear close to his chest.

"You can call me Reve. What's your name?"

"Johanson."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Johanson."

The boy grinned and then ran off.

"Make yourself at home," said Mimic sitting down in a rusty metal chair.

Revenge sat down and stared at Mimic. "Spill. Start from the beginning."

"Well I during one of my travels I was almost dead because of hunger and dehydration due to me being kept prisoner by- um never mind anyway I came across this village and saw the rich tormenting the poor I kew what it felt like because of my childhood and my captor so I made a home for the poor in this area of the village. Here I have lived since its nt really heroic or anything," said Mimic.

Revenge stared at Mimic. "I think it was very heroic. If I would have known about this earlier, I would have helped... Queen Aelin would have helped." He sat in silence for a few minutes before saying, "I'm sorry...for what happened to you."

"Oh, its um really nothing," said Mimic trying to smile but instead shedding a small tear.
"Um the patrol is over we should go outside and talk about this," said Mimic walking up to the surface.

« previous 1