Beta Reader Group discussion

Covers, Blurbs, 1st Line, Query > Opinions needed on book cover

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josie (new)

Josie | 6 comments I'm looking for opinions and feedback for my book's cover. It's a YA dystopian. Thanks!
-Josie

https://createandcompose.wordpress.com/

(I included a link because I couldn't figure out how to put a picture into the post)

message 2: by Hamad (new)

Hamad | 63 comments I like it, it's hot(literally),however the woman stands out very strongly

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Carnicelli (jimcarnicelli) | 71 comments I like the feel, but I agree about the sharp cutout feel. Consider softening the edges. Possibly adding another subtle layer of detail to the flames around her, too.

Good start.

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 125 comments I agree with softening it. It's very sharp, hard to look at.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Tamburro (alextamburro) | 41 comments I might make the girl's silhouette more prominent and the lettering be the color of the fire and have a bit around her as well? Sort of like negative space or something?

Having the fire be the most prominent thing is a little hard on my four eyes (glasses). It also makes the girl seem like an after thought.

message 6: by Tia (last edited Jun 17, 2016 07:53AM) (new)

Tia Tormen (tiatormen) | 35 comments If you're working with Photoshop, you could try adding another fire layer over the top of the cutout of the woman and the flames and use one of the layer filters to change the appearance.
Try multiply to give it a harder edge, while softening the hard edge between the cutout and flame layers or an overlay or soften to give it an overall softened edge.
There are numerous possibilities in PS.
Tia