What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science Fiction - YA(?) - Cyborg in hiding

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jose (new)

Jose | 6 comments Hello! This has been killing me for the past few months!

I've been looking for a book about a cyborg that is in hiding and lives in a mining town. (He is a manager(?) in this mining place where he works and always feels as though it is his fault when one of his workers dies on the job. He drinks and plays a sad song on a record player(?) when this happens.) There is a cave in and he manages to get his worker out by grabbing a huge drill and ramming it into the caved in area until he manages to get him out(?).

He somehow meets up with an AI who he falls in love with and she builds herself a nearly indestructible body so that he can get it on with her. Not much to go by but any help would be great!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
What year did you read it? Author male or female? Remember the cover? Series or standalone?

message 3: by Jose (new)

Jose | 6 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "What year did you read it? Author male or female? Remember the cover? Series or standalone?"

I read this book about 8-10 years ago. Dont remember the authors gender or the cover. I usually read series together and i dont remember doing that with this book so i think it may be a standalone book. But im not too sure about that..

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jun 17, 2016 05:32PM) (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Jose, why is the cyborg hiding and from whom? Is he only referred to as a "cyborg"?

Is the mining town on Earth or an alien planet? Are the workers human?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Jose, are you still looking for this or did you find it?