Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Starflight (Starflight, #1)
This topic is about Starflight
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Starflight (#1) by Melissa Landers → Start Date: August 26, 2016

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Michelle and I would love to have others join us as we read this book.

message 2: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY! Welcome, Ang! (Is that your name or what do you go by?)

message 3: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, Ang it is! Lol

message 4: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ang, I just read your profile and it blew me away! I am very much the opposite of you regarding technology and the Internet! I can't fathom brains that work that way, so I'm very impressed!

I teach high school and I'm pretty sure this will be my last year. I plan to retire after putting in 25 years! I'm looking forward to it and spending more time with my grandchildren and children as well as traveling more.

message 5: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thank you. I teach English and yearbook. I've mostly taught freshmen, both CP and Honors. I also taught four years of Multicultural Literature to seniors. I have taught yearbook since 1996...oh my gosh, this year will be 20 years. Lol

I'd love to say I'm skilled on computers but my skills are very limited! We are going on our third year of "going digital" and it's been pretty tough on me. Last year we went to a block schedule which I love! Classes are 90 minutes each and I now have 2 English classes, 1 yearbook, and 1 prep period. It is so much less time-consuming considering I only have about 60 students in English classes now compared to about 120. I still end up with approximately 120 over the course of two semesters but only 60 per semester so I love it!

Michelle Can't wait to read this one. Welcome Ang!

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I've already read this, but I'd love to reread it with you guys! I really enjoyed it. :)

message 8: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That's great, Chelsea! :)

Michelle I will start this in a couple of days. I want to finish reading a couple of things first.

Michelle Maybe we should postpone this. Maybe until August?

Michelle I'm reading a couple of books now and I'm doing booktubeathon next week so any time after next week is fine.

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) Just lemme know when you all start and I will. :) Any time is good for me, but I've been doing some housework the past several days.

message 13: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm so sorry that I haven't gotten to this one. With my vacation with 18 of my 19 grandkids, one great grandson, and 4 of my adult children and a daughter-in-law I had NO time to read. I'll try to get to it soon!

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I just finished re-reading this last night. I pretty much obsess over anything involving space, so it was nice to read it again.

message 15: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm starting it later today. It's almost 1:00 PM where I am.

Michelle I will try to start it sometime this week then.

message 17: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Hey everyone, I'm so sorry that I had overlooked Michelles' request to start this one in August. It doesn't appear that anyone has started (I haven't), so do you guys want to choose a new start date? I own the book so whenever you guys are ready is fine with me. I'm in no hurry and don't need it for a challenge.

Michelle I am sorry for failing to start this as it is August. Would you all mind if we push the date until after the 26th because I'm going on a trip really soon and I don't plan to bring my copy with me?

message 19: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am going to go ahead and change it and if that doesn't work for someone please post here and we'll go with another date that works for everyone.

message 20: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That's great, Ang!

message 21: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No, I haven't. As usual I've gotten behind. When do you plan to start it?

Michelle I am behind as well. I will really try to fit it in this week. I promise.

Michelle I decided to push everything back and read this now. I have been postponing this too long so I'm just going to dive in.

Aisha (aisha_i) Hey :)
I am new to this group and have been meaning to read this. Could I join the buddy read?

Michelle Of course! Welcome! Feel free to start any time. Post your thoughts when you feel like it. We don't have a schedule or anything.

Aisha (aisha_i) Thanks, I will start this week

Michelle I'm on page 82. (view spoiler)

Michelle I finished! Actually I finished a few days ago but totally forgot to post. I loved this book. Great and exciting adventure. Love Solara and Doran. Lots of twists I didn't expect. I can't wait for the next book. :)

message 29: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Michelle, I'm glad you loved it!!! I am SO FAR BEHIND that I'll never catch up! But I'm truly trying.

Michelle It is totally okay. I am behind on other reads too.

message 31: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Story of our lives, right? LOL

Michelle Seriously. Lol

Michelle ⁀☆‿Ang ‿☆⁀Team Tapir wrote: "Halfway through!

[spoilers removed]

This one is going ok for me. I am disappointed that [spoilers removed]"

Yeah that part is hilarious. Doran grows as a character so he may surprise you still.