Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Girl Against the Universe
This topic is about Girl Against the Universe
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Girl Against the Universe, by Paula Stokes → Start Date: June 23, 2016

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Please join Michelle and me if you like.

Mbee I'd like to join you guys!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Love to have you, Nhi! :o)

Michelle Welcome Nhi! Thanks Vicki for making this thread as well. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No problem, Michelle. :)

Mbee Have anyone started yet??

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am just now going to start. It's 7:10 AM where I live on 6/23. :o) I am going to have a busy day because my hubby is off today so we have some business/errands to run. So if I don't post until tonight you'll know why.

Happy reading everyone! Here's hoping we all love it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Looks like there are 40 chapters. Shall we come back every 5 (about 50 pages) or every 10 (about 100 pages give or take)?

Michelle Either way is fine with me. I plan to start this tomorrow because I want to finish reading something beforehand.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm about to start it so I'll see where it moves me to post. lol

Michelle Vicki wrote: "I'm about to start it so I'll see where it moves me to post. lol"

That is fine with me. I will try to post every 50 pages or so when I read it. Feel free to post whenever both of you feel like it. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Chapter 5

Maguire (view spoiler)

Dolphin Boy (view spoiler)

Baby steps (view spoiler)

message 13: by Mbee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mbee I actually started hours ago (because the time difference so maybe it's quite early) and just finished it. I pretty much enjoyed it, gave it 4 stars.
P.S. I didn't know we do every 5-10 chapters at a time sorry :(

Michelle Nhi wrote: "I actually started hours ago (because the time difference so maybe it's quite early) and just finished it. I pretty much enjoyed it, gave it 4 stars.
P.S. I didn't know we do every 5-10 chapters a..."

It is absolutely fine. We didn't really decide on anything beforehand so it isn't a problem.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Nhi wrote: "I actually started hours ago (because the time difference so maybe it's quite early) and just finished it. I pretty much enjoyed it, gave it 4 stars.
P.S. I didn't know we do every 5-10 chapters a..."

Every buddy read is different but the main reason we read together is to discuss the book and ask questions such as what do you think about this or that and who do you think did this or that, etc. There's no hard rule but we pretty much always at least comment.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments 10 chapters

Jordy (view spoiler)

Maguire (view spoiler)

Kimber is one mean girl! Jeez! She needs to back off and quit with her snobbery!

Jade (view spoiler)

message 17: by Vicki (last edited Jun 23, 2016 08:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments 15 chapters

Jordy (view spoiler)

Penn (view spoiler)

Maguire (view spoiler)

My husband and I just got back from dinner...what a FULL day but I did manage to somehow read 15 chapters. Hopefully I can get a lot more focused reading done tonight AFTER he goes to bed. LOL

Michelle I just finished chapter 4. I think this book is so for me already. I know it may be too early to tell but I get Maguire. I understand the feelings she has and there is some things about her that remind me of me. Lol I am going to bed now but I plan to read much more tomorrow.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm glad you like it so far. I love it and hope you do, too!

Michelle I totally forgot to post. Lol I finished this yesterday. I absolutely loved this book! Totally for me. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it!