Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Challenge-Impaired Help > Looking for female elf/male human romances.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

One of our new members is looking for help:
"I came here looking for suggestions on finding romantic fantasy novels that have a female elf and a human male paired together. Whether they're adventuring or just doing more mature things, I want to read stuff like that!"
Any suggestions from those of you who are into the sub-genre of Fantasy Romance?

Thanks!

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by Torrey (new)

Torrey Stephenson | 4 comments Wow thanks~

I'm the new user trying to get accustomed to this place still!

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments is fae okay? or do you just want elves ? :D

message 5: by Torrey (new)

Torrey Stephenson | 4 comments ShoSho wrote: "is fae okay? or do you just want elves ? :D"

I'm not sure what the difference is! I don't read too much...

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Torrey wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "is fae okay? or do you just want elves ? :D"

I'm not sure what the difference is! I don't read too much..."

lol in fantasy book there is difference, it usually depends on the author's world building. Let me see what I can find for both elves and fairies.

message 7: by Torrey (new)

Torrey Stephenson | 4 comments ShoSho wrote: "Torrey wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "is fae okay? or do you just want elves ? :D"

I'm not sure what the difference is! I don't read too much..."

lol in fantasy book there is difference, it usually depen..."

I'd really appreciate the help. Alfie gave me a huge list to go through, and I've searched quite a bit but so far found very little to read. It's mostly male supernaturals and plain women!

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Torrey wrote: " It's mostly male supernaturals and plain women! "

Exactly , it's hard to find something the other way around!

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I don't think any of these exactly what you are after but the first one is the closest.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas young adult+ romance
Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire I haven't read this one but it has been on my TBR
Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1) by Melissa Mayhue if I remember correctly both h/h are descendant of fae ,
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson no plain human woman in this one ;)
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning none of them are plain human but you have to read at least the first 5 books to enjoy it.
Wild Magic (Immortals, #1) by Tamora Pierce I haven't read it but seems to be what you are after
The Witching Hour by Nora Roberts short book but if I remember correctly the man is human and woman is either fae or magic

I'll keep looking

message 10: by Torrey (new)

Torrey Stephenson | 4 comments ShoSho wrote: "I don't think any of these exactly what you are after but the first one is the closest.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas young adult+ romance
Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire I haven't read..."

Wow, thanks for this. I do apprecaite you help!

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Most of the main characters in Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire are fae. There is no human love interest.

message 12: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) The first pair that come in my mind first is Aragorn and Arwen! :)
Also Eragon and Arya from Eragon, but I don't think that they are romantically involved, since Arya not accepting Eragon's feeling.

For Rosemary and Rue, the pairing is just a brief and happen in the first part. Toby's future love interest is fae as well

I think for the difference between Elf and Fae is, Fae categorized into Seelie and Unseelie, therefore Elf is different. They are more like Light Elves or Dark Elves. I agree with Shosho tho, the characteristic of Fae and Elves usually depend on the author. For me, Fae come from Ireland/Scotland, Elves are like those Tolkien's elves.

Pairing of female elf and male human in romancelandia is very rare. Often, it's female elf with shifter, vampire or another paranormal creature.