Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ discussion

Ground Floor > Grand Staircase

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by Kellinger (new)

Kellinger (kelindo) Kelindo was excited to be at Hogwarts. She liked to explore the castle, she wanted to know every single corner of it. She loved to take the grand staircase, she would stare at the portraits knowing that some of them hid secret passages. It always fascinated her that the staircase will suddenly move. She was in fact eager to see there were no professors around so she could go wherever she pleased.

message 3: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) James nodded in reply to Kit as they entered the Grand Staircase. "Yes! We doing the stairs! You were right! I guess Hufflepuffs ARE good finders, after all!"

message 4: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "We are?" Kit asked, confused, "I didn't know that..."
She looked up at the seemingly endless staircase ahead of them. "Well, we'd better get started."

message 5: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Just something I heard somewhere," he shrugged. "So, seventh floor..." He looked up. "I'm going to be so fit by the time I reach my seventh year..."

message 6: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "I don't think it'll take that long," Kit laughed.
She began to make her way up the stairs, a slight bounce in her step. "I think I'll have lost at least twelve pounds by the time we get to the second floor..."
She always jumped in to things in this manner, with a lack of concern for any hard work involved. Sometimes this was a good thing.

message 7: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Probably, he agreed, following her. "Hey, I'll race you!" He probably wouldn't win, but it'd be fun either way.

message 8: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "You're on!" Kit grinned, getting into position to start running. Or more like jumping, since these were stairs. "Ready... Set... Go!" she exclaimed, then took off.
She was actually pretty fast. Maybe not for much longer than than five minutes, but it still counted.

message 9: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) He started laughing, and chased after her, taking the stairs 2 at a time. Dam my short legs... He was just 3 stairs behind her... Just 3 stairs! He sped up, trying to catch up. 3 stairs...

message 10: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit tried oh-so hard to maintain her very slight lead.

...She failed. Her stomach had begun to ache, and her breathing had grown heavy. She needed to work on stamina... She slowed down, and James took the lead.

message 11: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Yes!" He grinned back at her. "Eat my dust!" He kept running. That is, until he tripped because he was looking back at her. And fell flat on his face.

message 12: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit burst out into exhausted laughter. She tried helping him up by the elbow, but looked once at his face and ending up on the floor beside him, clutching her already sore stomach out of laughter. "Okay," she said, taking deep breaths, "Okay. I'm almost calm..."

((Going offline, maybe.))

message 13: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) He started laughing too, gasping for air. He clutched his stomach tightly. "Maybe...running...up...the...stairs...wasn't...such...a...good...idea..."

message 14: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Pssh... Of course it was..." Kit gasped.
She knew it hadn't been a good idea. But nothing fun starts out as a good idea. Really ever.

message 15: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Of...course...it...was..." He looked around. "Wait... Fourth floor? You're kidding, right? We're only on the fourth floor?"

message 16: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit laughed. She had regained a lot of her energy since they stopped. Her breathing was steady, again. "Yeah. It takes more energy to run up stairs."

message 17: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Yeah... I can tell..." He took a deep breath. "Three flights left? We still have three flights left... Three flights! How am I supposed to climb up these stairs every day?"

message 18: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Well, let's go, then," Kit nodded.
She looked up at the stairs they still had to climb. "How about we don't race, this time? We still have to come back down, too, you know."

message 19: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Yeah... Let's just walk. More boring, but a lot less painful..." He slowly got to his feet.

message 20: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments She nodded in response. She stood too, brushing off nonexistent dust from her robes. As they began to make their way back up the stairs, Kit reached a hand to her hair absently. It was pretty much habit, at this point. She swung her long braid over her shoulder and began twisting it in her fingers.

message 21: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) He started up the stairs, glancing back at her. She was playing with her hair. She had pretty hair. Really pretty hair. It looked really good like that... He ran his hand through his hand and turned back around.

message 22: by CJ (last edited May 17, 2014 08:23PM) (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((Kit and James have left the Grand Staircase.))

((Should they reach the seventh floor?))

message 23: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((Probably. The hallway? Or the common room and he can either smuggle her in or she can wait outside?))

message 24: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((She'll wait in the hall. I'll post somewhere. :) ))

message 25: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((You know, after I figure out whether there should be a hallwayish topic.))

message 26: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((XD))

message 27: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit stood at the top of the stairs, having just run around a corner. "Yes!" she exclaimed, grinning at James.
There was a banister.
This was going to be fun.

message 28: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Yes!" He shouted. Maybe school wouldn't be so bad, after all... He grinned at her. "Ladies first," he bowed with an attempt at chivalry.

message 29: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit tried not to laugh. He looked ridiculous when he bowed. "Okay, then. But if you fall, I am not going to catch you!" she grinned.
And with that, she jumped onto the banister and began to slide down out of sight.

message 30: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Aw, you've spoiled my plan!" He laughed, and when about to jump on the banister remembered the objects in his hands. After considering for a moment, he just dropped the book over the edge of the staircase and hoped that it didn't land on anyone. Then he jumped onto the stairwell, holding his broom tightly.

message 31: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit let her legs swing off of the railing just before it ended. She stumbled a little, but didn't fall. On the ground a few feet away was a book. When she picked it up, she realized that James had probably dropped it. He would reach the end of the banister shortly.

message 32: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Whoooop!" He shouted, coming down the banister. Just a little before the end, he had a 'brilliant' idea. He'd jump on his broom! What could go wrong? Absolutely nothing, that's what! So, of course, he jumped onto it.

message 33: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit sensed what he was about to do about two seconds before he did it. "Wait! Don-" Her warnings died in her throat.
Wow. Did he have no common sense?
She closed her eyes. This was not something she wanted to watch.
No wonder the sorting hat hadn't placed him in Ravenclaw.

message 34: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Whooookay goin down! Goin down! Yikes!" He somehow managed to avoid hitting the ground at top speed, however he somehow managed to get stuck inside the railing of the staircase. How, he would probably never know...

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit's eyes snapped open. Then, she burst out laughing. "How the... How on earth did you... What the heck?!?" she managed, running over.
She had to take frequent breaks to clutch at her stomach, which was sore from all this giggling.

message 36: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "I...had absolutely no idea," he said honestly. He tried to get out. And got more stuck. "Why are these bars so close together? They should really think about things like this!"

message 37: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Yes," Kit replied sarcastically, "They really should've expected a student to try to fly a broom right through the staircase. We should really complain to the headmistress about her lack of foresight."
She put her arms around his waist with difficulty and tried to pull him out from between the bars. She managed to move him about a centimeter before getting tired.

message 38: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Exactly! Except, maybe not the complaining bit... She doesn't seem to be the understanding type... He tried to get out. It didn't work. He groaned. "I knew I shouldn't have had that extra pumpkin pasty for lunch!"

message 39: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit collapsed onto the ground. She was laughing way too hard to be of any use at pulling him out of the stairs.
After a few minutes, she was breathing steadily, again. "Okay. Maybe we should try pushing you, instead of pulling?" she suggested.

message 40: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Pushing?" He looked alarmed. "I'll fall! We are on the stairs!" He shook his head. "No, let's just keep pulling. It'll work eventually... Right?"

message 41: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "You're on a broomstick!" Kit pointed out, "We both know that that thing can fly. It managed to get you stuck in a banister, remember? If it can get you into this, it can get you out!"
And she pushed him, hard, out of the railing.

message 42: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) He yelped, and got out of the banister, managing to barely grab on to his broom. He yelped again, scrambling to get back onto it. He missed, and ended up just hanging by his fingertips. "Ack!"

message 43: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((Is he hanging from the banister or the broom?))

message 44: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((The broom, XD. Sorry))

message 45: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((Gotcha!))

Kit watched him. She tried and failed to suppress a grin. "Are you going to get back onto it?" she asked, "Or will I need to jump down there and help?"
She found it funny that she was confident enough to even suggest that, having never ridden a broom, before.

message 46: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "I'm..." He slipped, and grabbed back on. "Perfectly fine! Why... Why would you even suggest such a thing?" He struggled, still trying to get back on.

message 47: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "You don't look fine," she said matter-of-factly.
She climbed over the banister, holding on with only one hand and one ankle.
He'd forgotten that she'd done trapeze and gymnastics back home. Or maybe she'd never told him... Well, either way, she wasn't going to fall.

message 48: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Whoa! Seriously, Kit, you're going to faaall... Whoa!" His fingers were getting wet with sweat, and it was getting harder to hold on...

message 49: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "I'm not going to fall," she replied, waving off his concerns.
He was still about a foot away, even when she had her arm outstretched... She would have to jump. "Say, can broomsticks handle a sudden increase in weight? Like, about eighty-six pounds?" she asked casually.

message 50: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Uh... I have no idea. Probably not... Wait a second. Really not a go-not good!" He was slipping again...

« previous 1

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ

unread topics | mark unread