Cedar Falls Public Library discussion

June and July Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 263 comments Mod
Thriller/Suspense won our poll, so let's read a new thriller & suspense title. I've really enjoyed Mary Kubica's The Good Girl. I'm about half way done with her new one, Don't You Cry. I like it so far. Does anyone have a thriller/suspense title to recommend to the group?

message 2: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Pane | 12 comments either of those sound good to me, will check library

message 3: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl | 109 comments Mod
"Until You're Mine," by Samantha Hayes. Loved it! Can't say more because I don't want to do a spoiler. Great suspense.

Liane Moriarty's "The Husband's Secret" and "Big Little Lies" are pretty good suspense, but I would have liked them a little darker, and I know many have read them already.

"Before I Go To Sleep" by S.J. Watson remains one of my favorites. Wife has amnesia, which is reset every time she falls asleep.

I second the Kubica books, love them.

I'm also enjoying "The Woman in Cabin 10" by Ruth Ware, which will be released in July (I have an uncorrected proof). Kind of an unsettling page turner.

message 4: by Dave (new)

Dave (balboafish) | 19 comments I've also read both the Kubica books, they are very good.

the murder of Mary Russell by Laurie R King was excellent.

also have had fun reading a few of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs and a few old Stephanie Barron books with Jane Austen as the heroine.