RP: ✧Ammirabilis Academy for the Special✧ discussion

✧Academy grounds✧ > ✧Gardens✧

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) Damian walked through the gardens, examining the different types of flowers. He honestly didn't know why he had to be sent to this "special" school. Yeah he could use magic, but he didn't need to. Not with all the other training he had. The training he had was surly enough, so why was he here.

message 3: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments Elaine was sitting on a stone bench that was surrounded by flowers on three sides. She was absorbed in a book that was set in her lap. It was quiet, except for the occasional flip of the page and chirping of birds. She looked up from her book when she felt frustration coming from nearby. Soon enough, the owner of the emotions came into sight. The young boy seemed to be looking at all of the flowers, but Elaine sensed that his mind was elsewhere, as there was no reason for the flowers to be the source of his frustration.

message 4: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) Damian huffed a bit. The original plan had been for him to meet his father, but as soon as his mother had found out he had magic, she had sent him to this school like he'd done something wrong. What did he ever do wrong. It wasn't his fault he had this stupid magic. He felt angry but there was also a little bit of sadness

message 5: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments Elaine felt the frustration ignite into anger then fizzle into sadness. She could sense his confusion, as well. She shut her book and placed it on the bench beside her.
"I've always enjoyed the gardens," She said, "I find them to be quite soothing."

message 6: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) Damian straightened up, recomposing himself and becoming emotionless. "Gardens are for growing flowers to study. There are some interesting specimen here," He said calmly

message 7: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments "Yes, they're quite lovely, aren't they?" Elaine said with a smile. She noticed his emotions fade, which in turn made her heart sink. It was better to feel something than nothing at all.
"My favorites are the peonies," She said. The bench she was sitting on happened to have a plethora of peonies around it which is why she chose to sit there.

message 8: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "I personally find roses the post interesting to study though marigolds have interesting uses," Damian said, gently caressing a rose that was by him.

message 9: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments "Marigolds used to be used to create cosmetics for women, although now they're mostly used as a natural repellent for insects," Elaine said, recalling a book she read on flowers once. She picked up on the slightest bit of affection for the flowers which gave her a little bit of hope.

message 10: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) Damian smirked. "Those are just the common uses. There are also other... deadlier uses." He said, remembering his training in different forms of poisons. He had to make quite a few as well

message 11: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments "I see," Elaine said, her voice remaining indifferent, although she was concerned about what he had just said. She didn't doubt that he was referring to poisoning people. This academy was home to plenty of children with dark backgrounds, so this situation wasn't extremely unusual.

message 12: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) Damian gently removed a rose from a rose bush. Roses were beautiful and deadly. They were used often in missions. Which is much rather here he'd be then here.

message 13: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments "And what about the uses of roses?" Elaine inquired, watching him as he pulled the rose from the bush, causing the leaves to shake softly as one of it's flowers was taken from it.

message 14: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "The thorns are poisonous" Damian said, being very careful as he held the rose. Rose thorns had a fungus that caused swelling and infection when released

message 15: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments "Intriguing," Elaine said, observing his behavior. He seemed very mindful of the flowers and knowledgeable about their uses.
"My name's Elaine," She said, "What might your's be?"

message 16: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "Tt," Damian didn't feel like he should tell her his name. There was no point in doing so. Then again it may be wise to do so if they were to run into each other again, unlikely as it was. "Damian" He finally said

message 17: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments "Well, it's nice to meet you, Damian," Elaine said with a smile. She was tempted to calm him with her abilities, but she was trying to learn how to restrain herself from using her powers.

message 18: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) Damian huffed slightly. "Pleasure" He mumbled. He knew how to be polite, he just didn't feel the need to. He knew where to apply what lessons

message 19: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments Elaine could tell that he said that begrudgingly, but it was better than him not saying anything at all. She remembered how difficult it was for her when she first got her powers and wondered if he was struggling with the same thing.
"Is it your first year here?" She inquired.

message 20: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "If you must know, yes it is. I just arrived and I'm ready to leave and return home" Damian said, in a matter of fact way with a royal air about him, stating that he was from high power

message 21: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments "A lot of students say that when they first arrive here," Elaine said, "I did, too." His pompous attitude seemed unfitting for someone as young as him, but she supposed that his powers must make him feel stronger and more important than a normal child.

message 22: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "Tt," Damian returned his attention to the flowers. He was the heir to an entire empire. He should be training with swords not some stick that was supposed to help him use his magic.

message 23: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments Elaine felt the frustration return. "The academy isn't that bad. You should take advantage of the opportunity to perfect your skills so that you can use them more effectively than before," She said.

message 24: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments ((Gtg, I might be back on in a few hours))

message 25: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "All the skills I need are already perfected," Damian retorted, but there was something darker there. Everything he had to do had to be perfect. It was what was expected of him

message 26: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments Elaine sighed, unsure if she would be able to change his mind. "Well, then perhaps you're here to gain exposure to other people with abilities. Either way, you're stuck here, so you might as well make the most of it."

message 27: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "stuck here" Damian muttered. He didn't want to be stuck here around other weird people

message 28: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments Elaine felt the resentment radiating off of him. She knew that it was going to take time for him to adjust to his new life here, but she hoped that he would enjoy it once he got over his initial feelings about it. She was tempted to tamper with his emotions, but she felt that he would react negatively if he found out.

message 29: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) "I should head back to my room" Damian said, holding a strong determined composure

message 30: by Spades (new)

Spades (thequeenofspades) | 23 comments Elaine nodded. "It was nice meeting you, Damian," She said. Maybe he would be able to calm down, but she found herself doubting that was the case.

message 31: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) Damian walked back towards his room. "Tt," He muttered to himself