What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. living in the woods with a family member

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Johnson | 4 comments *****all of this may or may not be a spoiler (I dont remember the book well)******

So its a book about (I believe) a girl and she is living with someone in her family in the woods on a mountain or something and I remember something about birds being in the cabin? I don't know I read the book in middle school and remember enjoying it a lot and now I am going crazy because I can't remember any of it...

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments That sounds sort of familiar. Is the part about the bird in the house supposed to be a bad omen or something?

Also, can you remember what year you read this? And also the setting of the book - contemporary, early 1900s, 1800s, or what?

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Johnson | 4 comments Holly wrote: "That sounds sort of familiar. Is the part about the bird in the house supposed to be a bad omen or something?

Also, can you remember what year you read this? And also the setting of the book - con..."

I think you may be right about that...not 100% sure though. So I read the book in early middle school and I think it was fairly new, or at least not old, around then and I think it was set in a current time frame. Not sure but I read it in the early 2000s probably.

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2358 comments Fantasy, horror, mystery, drama...? Any idea why they're living in the woods -- cheaper than the city, they're eco-green types, they're in hiding...? Any idea how old this girl is? You say you read it in middle school -- was it a YA book, then? Remember anything at all about the cover?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Matthew, are you still looking for this?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Matthew, are you still looking for this?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.