Bellflower school and recovery center discussion

Other locations > Support meeting room

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Astra (new)

Astra  (sayomina) May be one x one or group therapy sessions

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Adrasteia slipped into the room, gaze searching the wall until it fell on a clock. Great, late for her first group support session. She couldn't help but chastise herself - she was never late to anything in the past. But what did she care, it wasn't like any of this mattered anyway. Besides, she had gotten distracted building on minecraft, the peace and towering mountains of the landscape she was in providing her a small escape. It had taken a lot just to force herself to pause and find her way down here.
Feeling much more awkward and out of place than the situation probably was, she made her way to a chair, wincing ever so slightly as she sat down. As she stretched her left leg out and tucked her right foot below her chair so only her toes were touching the ground, she found her gaze moving from person to person then to the exits. Arms folded across her chest as she leaned back, right foot bouncing ever so slightly from nervousness.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint had already settled down as close as humanly possible to the punch bowl. She had her head down and was praying that the group leader, a perky blonde lady who went by Anglica ("Call me Angie!"), won't call her up. But she did enjoy being blunt with her life story. She just hated it when people brought up the record. Could she go anywhere without people saying "Oh, you're that Rabbit?". She chuckled under her breathe. Enough of her whining. She had to save something for her autobiographical retelling

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments As someone was called on to share their story, Andrasteia found herself distancing herself emotionally from the scene. Her gaze focused on her shoe as she contemplated how scuffed up they were. Had they always looked so ratty? It's not like they were that old. Maybe a couple weeks. She was pretty sure they had bought them right after - she shivered, remembering the blood soaked converse she had so lovingly been wearing that day. Brows furrowed as she looked down at her shoes before slipping them off of her feet and using her toes to nudge them under her chair. Enough of that. The cold of the floor was refreshing, anyway.
She turned her attention to the person speaking as they finished up their story, her spirit sinking as she listened. Good god. How was she supposed to get better here with all these people and their stories? Heck, her problem seemed silly in comparison, didn't it? She thought so. Her eyes started to water as disgust swept through her at her inability to hold it together, and at sorrow that anyone had had to deal with what that person had gone through.
She blinked rapidly and let out a shaky breath, praying Angie wouldn't ask for her to share anything.

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint was called on next, and she sighed loudly, taking a sip of punch before speaking. "Name's Mint. Most people call me Rabbit." She muttered. Angie nodded "What would you'd like to share, Rabbit?" She chirped. "What do I gotta?" She asked bitterly as she played with a rubber band wrapped around her fingers.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Andrasteia cast Mint a glance, appreciating her having spoken up. She didn't see why any of them needed to share anything if they didn't want to. I mean, who knows. Maybe it helps some people. But she wasn't sure she liked the idea of this. This wasn't any better than the media. Besides, if they'd been watching the news they already knew her story.

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint glanced down. At least no one recongized her. "I was born in Detroit, but live in LA currently. My therapist sent me here." She didn't want to go into detail about how she overdosed, so she stayed quite and pulled a strand of hair over her blind eye.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Andrasteia cleared her throat. It was clear the girl didn't like this or want to keep talking, so she spoke out in her soft voice, "Excuse me, um, Angie...." Her cheeks flushed as people glanced towards her. "With all due respect I don't think you should be pushing people to speak. It's clear she doesn't want to talk, perhaps you should call on someone else...."

message 9: by Rose (last edited Jun 15, 2016 03:01PM) (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint looked over. She was suprised at the least that someone was standing up for her. She chuckled "Yeah. If you want my life story, go online and check crime records. There's that time I attacked a meter maid after seven days awake, the time I drove a car in a driveby, that time I robbed a cabbie at knifepoint. Good times, people."

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Surprise flickered through her eyes. She instantly judged her as a trouble maker who could have avoided having to be here, but almost instantly guilt accompanied that thought and she pushed aside the judgement, not wanting to judge her so fast. Her gaze dropped back to her toes as she wiggled them, starting to find the floor cold now.

message 11: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint elbowed the kid next to her "He can go."

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments (I gtg)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments As the new kid started talking, her gaze found the clock. Did she really have to be here another 40 minutes? Her toes found their way back into her shoes, though she kept them tucked under the chair. Absently she massaged her leg, tuning out this story. She didn't want to hear more today....

message 14: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint finally stood up and walked out of the room. She didn't care if she was being rude. She just couldn't take it anymore.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Her head swung towards the door as she heard it open, physically relaxing as she realized it was just someone leaving.
Wait, leaving? So they could leave? The ticks of the clock on the wall seemed to drag on as she contemplated leaving too. Finally, she pushed herself to her feet and headed out as well, unable to resist murmuring some pathetic excuse about needing to use the bathroom just so it seemed more acceptable to leave. She paused outside the door, frowning, realizing she had forgotten her shoes. Eh, oh well....

message 16: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint leaned on the wall outside of the door. "Hey". She said to Andra. "You left too?"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Andrasteia startled slightly and turned to face her, shaking a lock of hair away from her eyes. "Yes. I dont see the point in making people repeat the stories that led them to be here. Not unless they wish to speak, of course." Her accent was thick, as is usually was when she was annoyed. "It was like the press all over again." She shifted her weight to her right leg, glancing down the hall

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint gave a sad half-smile, showing her eroded teeth. "Tell me about it." She brushed the strand away, revealing her milky eye and gruesome scarring.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Part of her wanted to ask and learn more about this person, but she didnt feel it her place to ask. So instead she questioned, "How long have you been here?"

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments She extended her hand and looked at her long yellowish nails "A few days. Part of my extended rehab dealio".

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments "We must have arrived around the same time, then. Still dont know if I like it here...." she shifted her weight again, toes cold on the tiles. It didnt last long as her knee protested, so back went her weight to her other leg. "I feel like being around other screwed up people isnt the way to fix someone."

message 22: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments She laughed "I don't know. I grew up around various screwed up people. It just makes me homesick if anything."

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Her lips twitched up into a faint smile. "I suppose that's a plus. Though the food is great, too. I swear between the food here and my leg, I'll probably weight 15 stones before I leave." She was smiling and joking, but she honestly was concerned about her weight. Though she often forgot to eat, so it probably wasnt to be worried about.

message 24: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments She nodded "I don't each much. I just don't really like food in general. I've gotten used to eating very little and making do. So all this rich food makes me sich"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Her eyebrows rose in surprise at her honesty. "Well if we are being totally honest, Ive been the same way as of late. Just.. not hungry. I have to force myself to eat and actively remind myself to eat. Like I can feel my body needs food, but I cant make myself eat. Ever since... well, yeah. Just no appetite." Her gaze shifted to the floor in embarrassment.

message 26: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments She shrugged "Don't be embarrassed. It ain't that bad."

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments She nodded, not sure what to say now. Absently she chewed on the inside of her cheek, not liking the long silence but not knowing what to say. Finally, "Why do people call you rabbit?

message 28: by Rose (last edited Jun 16, 2016 09:11AM) (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments “Long story. Me and a… friend were watching that movie 8 Mile. And he- she joked that I looked like a female version of B-Rabbit. So I embraced it.” She smiled her half-smile

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments "Thats cool." She nodded,,smiling slightly.
((Busy day today, will be off and on))

message 30: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments ((Same here. I have gradution)

Mint unfolded her arms and picked at a scab under her nose

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments ((Exciting!))

Andrasteia glanced over at the time, not sure what to do now. "Well... I should probably go get my shoes..."

message 32: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments Mint nodded and looked down at Andra bare feet.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments "Well, um, see you later." She offered a smile before heading back into the room to track down her shoes

message 34: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments ((Resume somewhere else?))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments ((Sure, if youd like. I have two peeps free so pick which one and a location. Im still going to be off and on, though. Just got off work but going to help a friend with wedding invitations before playing D&D with some peeps))

message 36: by Rose (new)

Rose - Sadness pie soup - (richwhitetrash) | 34 comments ((How about NOW, let's go to the lunch room)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 151 comments Andrasteia slipped in and grabbed her shoes, smiling awkwardly at the glance Angie gave her before slipping out and heading towards the lunch room